Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 09-20-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all
Default Protoss and Zerg Campaigns

In the Terran campaign you earn money for missions and use that money to buy upgrades and new tech. But it has been stressed that the Protoss and Zerg campaigns will not function the same way.

The Protoss are on the brink of yet another civil war. They've reverted back to tribal status and are fighting with each other. Some want to rebuild Shakuras, some want to attack the Zerg, some want to retake Aiur, etc. In certain missions, you will meet representatives of each tribe. And each tribe will have access to different types of technology. As you decide who to follow, you will gain the temporary allegiance of that tribe and thus have their technology. One tribe will be an Air Force, another will be a force of Templar, and another will be a mechanical tribe with Stasis Orbs, Dragoons and Colossi. Other Tribes will be present as well, like the Sons of Aiur who train HT, Immortals and Carriers, and possibly the Fist of Ulrejaz with DT, Stalkers and Colossi.

With the Zealot as standard tech for all tribes, higher-tier tech is granted to you as you ally yourself with the various tribes and earn their favor. Ally with the Air Force tribe and you will be able to build Phoenix, Warp Rays, Motherships and Carriers. Complete the mission and as a sign of thanks, they give you the schematics of the Phoenix so you can thus build it in any mission. Depending on which tribe you ally with, you will get different tech. The Sons of Aiur and the Air Force both have Carriers, but one may be more willing to give up such tech than the other. As well, for ProtossVsProtoss missions (and you know they'll be there), because each tribe also interacts with the other tribes, allying with the Air Force may PO the Sons of Aiur, and they will be the ones you fight in the PvP mission. But on a second playthrough, ally with the Sons of Aiur, and you'll piss off the Fist of Ulrejaz.

Zerg Campaign idea still developing for posting at a later date.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2007

Canada starz983
Queen of the Swarm
 starz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightenedstarz983 has become enlightened
Default Re: Protoss and Zerg Campaigns

Sounds pretty good, and maybe we can see a few missions with Zerathul and his quest with the Xel-Naga thing.

starz983 has 372 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2007

United States Marneus Calgar
Nuclear Launch Detected
 Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!

Sounds awesome. Is this official, or a homebrew idea?

Marneus Calgar has 1,155 Posts

"Live forever, apes."
~Lieutenant Razack, Razack's Roughnecks

Hydragoon on Reapers and Stimpacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydragoon View Post
If I were a guy with a jump pack going into a heavily defended base with two pistols, I'd want to be high on something first...

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

My own ideas. Any news thread I posted will likely have a Battle.net quote and/or be stickied.

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2007

United States Marneus Calgar
Nuclear Launch Detected
 Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!

That would be pretty awesome, I have to say. Great ideas.

Marneus Calgar has 1,155 Posts

"Live forever, apes."
~Lieutenant Razack, Razack's Roughnecks

Hydragoon on Reapers and Stimpacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydragoon View Post
If I were a guy with a jump pack going into a heavily defended base with two pistols, I'd want to be high on something first...

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2007

Australia Emerald
Mean and Green
 Emerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too long

Not bad ideas. I'm starting to loathe all this crazy briefings. It's gonna be hell trying to make a campaign now!

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

United States areese87
BF Member
 areese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of win

I like the idea of the protoss missions being a political dance. VEry cool.

areese87 has 1,702 Posts

Obama has won. The seas of change are flooding the streets- a deluge of possibility, a monsoon of opportunity, a literal tsunami of inspiration. We're talking hope. And the only thing left to do is to put on some swimming trunks, maybe a pair of goggles, and just riiiide the wave...

And a major pox on that bastard Jeph Loeb. Everything you touch dies.

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

India Lord Kungai
Fury of the Swarm
 Lord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of win

I want to see the zerg...

Lord Kungai has 1,712 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

United States bagzoo
xXa1.bagzoo
 bagzoo is on a distinguished road

Like it. Props.

bagzoo has 155 Posts

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

This arouses me. Drake, I want your babies.

At least until the zerg come, anyway.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 09-21-2007

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

I agree with your Protoss single player campaign idea!

Though, I must now smite thee with thy Zerg briefing...

"Kerrigan, queen of blades. You are now within the primary and capital hive cluster upon the planet Char. The heart of Hive contains a crystal that emplifies your powerful psionic abilites, allowing you to observe anything over vast distances of the sector." In other words, it is there that you get your missions, or rather you choose the place of your liking as Kerrigan and go there.

"Emerge from the structure for the endless swarms await. The land is filled with the essence of the Zerg, your swarms hunger for the blood of your enemies. The Spawning Pool contains the entire genetic tree of the Zerg broods, where you will be able to access and submerge into. There, you can find the strain of your choosing, and with an ammount of resources, they can be mutated from Larvae to assist on your quest." You go there, Kerrigan will submerge/bath in the pool, where you will see many DNA structures of Zerg. By flashing your cursor on the DNA structure, you will get a picture of the unit (running/walking/flying/hovering animation, that goes 360 <---- way and then attack animation, 360, something like spell and etc. Greenish translucent image of it as in game model.

Evolution chamber will be where you get upgrades, strain aspects, and research. The two sac like chambers of the EC will be where you see the original unupgraded unit then an upgraded version of it side by side so to speak.

More coming soon, must think...

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 09-21-2007

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!

Drake, there was a thread on this a while back =P :

http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=11623

I posted my ideas there, which are very similar to yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
For the Protoss, I think it would be cool if unlike the Terrans, you had access to the entire tech tree.

However, where they differ is, like Zergums suggested - in diplomacy.

Since Protoss society at the moment has been re-tribalised (kinda) it would be cool if in every mission, you were given objectives by various tribes. Often, you can't complete one tribe's objective without displeasing another tribe, so as you play, you must plan which tribes you want to gain favour with.

Each tribe offers unique benefits for doing their missions. Doing errands for the Furinax tribe, for example, could give you access to cheaper and better weapon/armour upgrades (Like "Upgrade Furinax Ground Weapons lvl 1" mmmm) . Accepting missions from the Auriga tribe could eventually give you access to unique air units (including Corsairs :P)

Each tribe will have other tribes it DOESN'T like. As the campaign progresses, you will be forced to start narrowing the list of tribes you can accept missions from until eventually (like maybe for the very last two missions), you're stuck with 1 tribe.

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

BlizzForums GnaReffotsirk
Booted too ooften
 GnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightenedGnaReffotsirk has become enlightened

Add this module: that the longer you stay allied with a certain tribe/group, you'll gain more resource points to warp in --say, pylons. This being the result of the inability to warp-in as many structure or unit as one may wish, rather that tribes/groups allow you to somehow "take these newly constructed pylons with you," or "these 5 collosi will greatly aid in our joint offensive, commander."

And losing things, getting things killed, blown to bits, etc, may cost you as an ally, but you could just pay them back with precious minerals, gas, or actually helping them out on their quests.

seal this one for me.

GnaReffotsirk has 796 Posts

Starcraft: Survivors can be downloaded here:
http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=20882
Update: 11-28-2008, Chapter 2 Guide

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
Drake, there was a thread on this a while back =P :

http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=11623

I posted my ideas there, which are very similar to yours:

Yes, similar But I believe the key words in the first sentence are "a while back".

pm.gif   

Old 09-21-2007

United States Luke
soy un perdedor
 Luke is on a distinguished road

This seems unfortunately likely. Beyond the ancient and unavoidable Dark/High templar schism which is bound to cause some conflicts, any intra-Protoss conflict caused by a more minor political dispute is just exasperating to me. The Protoss population has been dealt a serious can of whoop-ass since the beginning of the first game, and they simply can't afford to not get along. Whenever I fought Protoss-vs.-Protoss battles in the single-player campaigns of SC1 and Brood War, I just had to wince at every unit destroyed. [Intra-species conflict for Terran and Zerg made a bit more sense and didn't bother me as much.]

But Blizzard loves to have the good guys fight amongst themselves so they'll be nice and weak and desperate when the real existential threat comes along and beats the shit out of everybody.

Anyway, personally, I know I won't find it any fun to play this way, locking myself out of a tech branch just because I insulted one petty tribe by doing a favor for a different petty tribe. What a bunch of malarkey. But yeah, I think it will end up being something like this in the actual game.

As for Zerg, I expect and hope that Blizzard will come up with something that makes sense and is wickedly entertaining. :-D

Last edited by Luke; 09-21-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Luke has 53 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Luke