Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member
 Huluwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Design Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operational View Post
I'm happy for the 3 races to remain while changing them up a bit.
You mean as in remaking Starcraft? As a fan of the original, I disagree and think they should keep the units that made the game so popular while creating new races with new units.

Have you heard this?: http://starcrafttribute.ytmnd.com/

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States philmeup
BF Member
 philmeup is an unknown quantity at this point

^
Too bad for you, Blizzard won't heed your requests, because honestly, a new race in addition to the other three would only further complicate the balance.

Also, I see new wrong doings in the units. I love all of them. Perhaps the tanks need a bit of renovation.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmeup View Post
^
Too bad for you, Blizzard won't heed your requests, because honestly, a new race in addition to the other three would only further complicate the balance.

Also, I see new wrong doings in the units. I love all of them. Perhaps the tanks need a bit of renovation.
You seem to love anything the master throws at you. I'm just making some suggestions that can make the game more popular among fans and possible new players.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States ZerGaLiCiouS
BF Member
 ZerGaLiCiouS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huluwa View Post
You mean as in remaking Starcraft? As a fan of the original, I disagree and think they should keep the units that made the game so popular while creating new races with new units.

Have you heard this?: http://starcrafttribute.ytmnd.com/

New units, big changes, Thats why they are calling it StarCraft II not StarCraft I.

ZerGaLiCiouS has 6 Posts

I think I came a little when I woke up and saw the screen for SC II.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to ZerGaLiCiouS  

Old 05-22-2007

United States desirous
BF Member
 desirous doesn't suck

I don't even see how a fourth race would be possible without it seeming redundant. It has to be stylistically VERY distinct, or Blizzard would not find it acceptable. The existing three races have construction/deployment strategies covered pretty well, and so far it seems existing differences will be greatly enhanced.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerGaLiCiouS View Post
New units, big changes, Thats why they are calling it StarCraft II not StarCraft I.
You mean Starcraft I remake? New abilities, racial powers, races, and new units make a sequel, not replacing the old with the new.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States philmeup
BF Member

No, it's more like I'm satisfied with the given units thus far, dipshit.

Obviously, you seem very discontent with every aspect of this game. But don't worry, there will be changes. Just not changes in accordance to your satisfaction.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
No, it's more like I'm satisfied with the given units thus far, dipshit.

Obviously, you seem very discontent with every aspect of this game. But don't worry, there will be changes. Just not changes in accordance to your satisfaction.
You love anything the master throws at you, so of course you'll be satisfied with the new units. I'm just making some suggestions that can make the game more popular among fans and possible new players. I hope the SC progamers will be able to give Blizzard some good suggestions and the final product will be different from what we see currently.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

And this is where arguing opinions come into play.

Suggesting people only like because the "master" throws it at us is asinine. Also why don't you explain why Kassad likes it. He would fucking love to rip on any aspect of the game he hates. All in all it's you. Stop suggesting we like it because they throw it at us and realize that some people just like it.

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States trueblue
BF Member
 trueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huluwa View Post
You love anything the master throws at you, so of course you'll be satisfied with the new units. I'm just making some suggestions that can make the game more popular among fans and possible new players. I hope the SC progamers will be able to give Blizzard some good suggestions and the final product will be different from what we see currently.

And how many million-copy-selling games have you developed?

If anyone knows how to please their fans, it's Blizzard. If added a fourth race means making all the races less distinctive, it's not going to be in the game. Why? Because that's not what Blizzard wants for Starcraft.

Otherwise, you're getting your new units, new abilities, new game mechanics, new graphics engine, new physics engine, etc.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States philmeup
BF Member

Apparently, he knows what fans like and what constitutes a game as "popular." My, oh, my.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Apparently, he knows what fans like and what constitutes a game as "popular." My, oh, my.
Thank you for the compliment. I just like to share some ideas and say some of the things that I feel can make Starcraft 2 better. I hope Blizzard will listen to some of my advice, and if they don't, they can argue on these forums.

Last edited by Huluwa; 05-22-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-23-2007

Philippine farstrider
 farstrider doesn't suck

I think it makes a lot of sense that the protoss have a lot more robotic units since their population suffered major losses in sc and bw.

I really don't like the shiny siege tanks, even the battlecruisers are shiny. But if they make it so that all the BCs in sc2 were newly made by the kel-morian combine or something I'd buy that explanation

pm.gif   

Old 05-23-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farstrider View Post
I think it makes a lot of sense that the protoss have a lot more robotic units since their population suffered major losses in sc and bw.

I really don't like the shiny siege tanks, even the battlecruisers are shiny. But if they make it so that all the BCs in sc2 were newly made by the kel-morian combine or something I'd buy that explanation
Good statements. I also think Protoss units should have their weapons hidden so as to appear more unique.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-23-2007

Israel Initiative
War Prey Commodore
 Initiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant future

Is there a reason you keep repeating you opinion over-and-over again without end? We heard you the first 4 times, and unless someone address to them, why you keep posting them?
Quote:
You mean Starcraft I remake? New abilities, racial powers, races, and new units make a sequel, not replacing the old with the new
Have you been here in the last 10 years? Have you seen what sequels are really like?
I don't remember a sequel which kept all its old content- that remaking, not progressing.

Initiative has 162 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Initiative Send a message via MSN to Initiative  
Closed Thread