Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 02-17-2009

Denmark Oxygen
Love The Sunshine
 Oxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too longOxygen has been here far, far too long
Default Attraction - Subjective or Re-Framing?

This is not a nice topic. But I believe in honesty and awareness.

Over a cup of coffee I spoke to a friend of mine about aesthetics of women and what we found attractive. Now what I find faschinating is if there is a universal beauty or if our genes and culture create an image of beauty.
The answer probably lies in between the two. However my hypothesis is that inside our core we seek a beautiful woman without flaws, but due to the fact that many can't get such a woman one starts distorting the image.
I will give you an example. Some people like morbitly obese women or women who are missing a limb, Why is this? Well it must have roots in evolution. The more a man fails at attracting women the more flawed women he will seek. And will most likely see the situation from a pespective where he has not failed. For example. "I like girls with extremly hairy arms and legs. Is just so animalistic. I guess I am more intune with humanities true animalistic side than the rest of the world. Who wants a fake barbie anyway? Hairy girls. Yum yum. The rest of you are sick!".
Now what I find unhealthy about this attitude is that a person changes failure to success at the cost of being honest to himself and stops himself from getting what he truly seeks.
How do you feel about this hypothesis? And to what degree does it influence us? To what degree does it influence you? Is perversion and subjectivity in women a weakness?

Oxygen has 59 Posts

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Dalai Lama

pm.gif