Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Should whole Archon's body be dyed in team color?
Yey! 10 14.08%
Ney! 49 69.01%
Why, I don't mind pink archons in my army 12 16.90%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

While we're on this topic; we should allow players to customize their colours. Correct me if I'm wrong but which kind of fucking RTS at this point doesn't have a freaking colour customization?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 03-02-2008

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
I feel sorry for the person who comes in last and has to play pink.
A game with twelve players is pretty much just going to lag and be awful anyway.

And the pink doesn't look THAT bad. It's doom-pink. :P

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

United States areese87
BF Member
 areese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of win

Bulljive. I think team-colored Twilight Archons are fuckin' gold. Now while the pink one needs some tuning, I don't see why we can't have purple, blue, red, green, teal, or hell...brown? Okay, brown seems odd. Hmm...maybe it won't work for all colors.

Fuck it, who cares? I just don't want to see the TA as blue or red, since those were the original Archons. I mean, it should be some sort of lovely amalgamation, correct? Purple it is!!!

areese87 has 1,702 Posts

Obama has won. The seas of change are flooding the streets- a deluge of possibility, a monsoon of opportunity, a literal tsunami of inspiration. We're talking hope. And the only thing left to do is to put on some swimming trunks, maybe a pair of goggles, and just riiiide the wave...

And a major pox on that bastard Jeph Loeb. Everything you touch dies.

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country KhaosNebula
Lurker
 KhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatnessKhaosNebula has ascended to greatness

Quote:
While we're on this topic; we should allow players to customize their colours. Correct me if I'm wrong but which kind of fucking RTS at this point doesn't have a freaking colour customization?
That would be amazing.

Quote:
A game with twelve players is pretty much just going to lag and be awful anyway.

Yeah. Lol. As long as it isn't the scary neon pink, I can stand it to some extent.

Quote:
Bulljive. I think team-colored Twilight Archons are fuckin' gold. Now while the pink one needs some tuning, I don't see why we can't have purple, blue, red, green, teal, or hell...brown? Okay, brown seems odd. Hmm...maybe it won't work for all colors.

Fuck it, who cares? I just don't want to see the TA as blue or red, since those were the original Archons. I mean, it should be some sort of lovely amalgamation, correct? Purple it is!!!
I just don't want to see a bunch of enormous bright pink psionic beings being used by someone who likes to uses Archons too much.... Bright neon pink everywhere would be... scary. XD

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

India Lord Kungai
Fury of the Swarm
 Lord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of win

I want pink archons.

I want my enemy to take it easy, think I'm a pansy...

Then I will crush his base with my pink army and laugh in his face...

Lord Kungai has 1,712 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

Poland Garroteman
BF Member
 Garroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kungai View Post
I want pink archons.

I want my enemy to take it easy, think I'm a pansy...

Then I will crush his base with my pink army and laugh in his face...

there is that side of it, yes...

anyway, don't get me wrong - it is not the end of the world- I will *not* stabb my own eyes and sue Blizz for damages if zealots get pink psi blades, but c'mon it can be done better.

Garroteman has 114 Posts

-"So I can has minerulz ?" | He should have been best Terran..ever!

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

United States ksm
You think as I do
 ksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwns

As I said many times... I dont want team colored psi, pylons and Archons.

It makes the game too colorful and less dark/deep like SC1. Bright and rainbow happy colors are for Warcraft franchise. This is Starcraft.

ksm has 408 Posts

Cut the Tempest model. Make a new one that resembles our beloved Carrier!
Zealot's Psi-Blades, Pylons and Archons must be BLUEISH-WHITE!
Don't use team color there please.

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

Russian Federation NeoSoviet
BF Member
 NeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too long

No way in hell I will command pink Archons. I`d rather change my name to Lulu and go around the corner giving special favors to people for money.

NeoSoviet has 839 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

Canada rise
StarCraft: Legacy
 rise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightened

lol.

I will play Devil's Advocte for a moment. Cartoon graphics and vibrant colours, such as pink, compliment eachother. Therefore, pink naturally examplifies StarCraft II's marketing pedigree. In conclusion, PINK GOGO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
I`d rather change my name to Lulu and go around the corner giving special favors to people for money.
Quoted for truth. That is all.

rise has 1,926 Posts

Past, Present, Future

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to rise  

Old 03-02-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksm View Post
As I said many times... I dont want team colored psi, pylons and Archons.

It makes the game too colorful and less dark/deep like SC1. Bright and rainbow happy colors are for Warcraft franchise. This is Starcraft.
Then I advise you to gouge your eyes out cause the thing is at the moment StarCraft 2's graphics is essentially a carbon copy of WarCraft. Bright, happy and cartoony. It'll take some time for the graphics to have a revamp so I suggest you find a way to preserve your eyes while your at it.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 03-02-2008

Australia Waves
or maybe particles
 Waves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to all

This is a really old video. I'd at least wait to see if they are still using the team-coloured psi with the zerg update next week before panicking.

Even if they stick with it, they might find a different way to colour the archons.

Personally I don't mind the way this looks, though.

Waves has 2,550 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
The binding around the pylon isn't thick enough to put the team colour on there.
So re-model it so it is thick enough.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 03-02-2008

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!

Quote:

First off I don't see your reasoning behind a 12 player game lagging really bad. In WC3 people would hold 12 play FFA and those would never lag. And the armies in those games were huge, so it would be comparable to SC2 easily.

Second off, relating towards the color pink. You would be surprised at how many times you are given the color pink in random matchmaking. I swear out of 10 games I would play in a day. I would get pink at least twice and purp at least 3. (The two I hated the most, might I add). But my point is that pink will be randomly selected, just like the rest.

EDIT: I got another beef with the protoss aesthetics. The pylons crystal, it is incredibly dull! The crystal in SC is really pointed and gives it a more i don't know.. cool feeling. But this new one with how dull it looks, just makes the pylons look like crap. But that is just my opinion.

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

So wait.

Do you not like the pink because it looks bad, or because it's 'effeminate' and you don't want to look like a 'pansy' a 'fag' or a 'wimp'?

Quote:
First off I don't see your reasoning behind a 12 player game lagging really bad. In WC3 people would hold 12 play FFA and those would never lag. And the armies in those games were huge, so it would be comparable to SC2 easily.
Then you must be extremely lucky. Games with even 8 people would lag like crazy for me...

Quote:
Second off, relating towards the color pink. You would be surprised at how many times you are given the color pink in random matchmaking. I swear out of 10 games I would play in a day. I would get pink at least twice and purp at least 3. (The two I hated the most, might I add). But my point is that pink will be randomly selected, just like the rest.
Purple was extremely common, but uh... it was supposed to, it looks great, deep and mysterious (well I think it does anyway). In most 2v2 I'd generally get the first four, Red/Blue/Teal/Purple... and then rarely the other four... uh... yellow, orange, pink and green. Never brown, light blue, dark green or gray. Or at least not that I can remember. The only 'common' colour I didn't like was the yellow and the teal. Both were pretty ghastly and blinding.

Last edited by ShadowAldrius; 03-02-2008 at 07:37 PM.
ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 03-02-2008

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!

Quote:
So wait.

Do you not like the pink because it looks bad, or because it's 'effeminate' and you don't want to look like a 'pansy' a 'fag' or a 'wimp'?

Then you must be extremely lucky. Games with even 8 people would lag like crazy for me...

Purple was extremely common, but uh... it was supposed to, it looks great, deep and mysterious (well I think it does anyway). In most 2v2 I'd generally get the first four, Red/Blue/Teal/Purple... and then rarely the other four... uh... yellow, orange, pink and green. Never brown, light blue, dark green or gray. Or at least not that I can remember. The only 'common' colour I didn't like was the yellow and the teal. Both were pretty ghastly and blinding.
It is not because pink is a femanine color. It is because pink looked stupid on any race besides Human in WC3.

And in regard to the occurance of colors in WC3. Red/Blue for me VERY seldom came up. I remember, because whenever I would get red or blue I would be astonished that I finally got a normal color...

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif