Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 04-22-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

OOC: KP, please read people's posts before including them in yours lol, in my last post Plato was charging into a vicious gun battle close to the bridge, UNCLOAKED. I'm not having a go at you or anything lol, but just be a bit careful next time. I'll try to remedy the situation.

Plato leant against a smooth metallic wall, panting. Blood dripped down his armour in droves. His shield was battered and bent. The Repeater that had served him so well in this crisis, was shattered - shot through by the weapon of an enemy. His plated gloves were coated in bits of human tissue. The battle had not been easy.

Julsador was wounded. He had lost his right arm from the elbow down - a Pirate had thrown a frag grenade at him. He was saved only by the quick reactions of his shield arm. Two Men-At-Arms with med-kits were frantically trying to stop the bleeding, cursing to themselves with each failed attempt.

Henry was nowhere to be seen. Plato had wandered the dead, but did not see his face. There was no telling where that young, courageous soldier had gone.

"Plato." Said a tall, bronze-bearded Man-At-Arms. He had the insignia of captain rank on his shoulders. The destinctive gold eagle on the man's red berret told Plato that he was a member of the navy, as opposed to the security teams or ground personnel. "That is your name, is it not?"

Plato relieved the wall of his weight, and stood firmly, his great chest heaving with each powerful breath. "That is my name."

The captain smiled, and bowed his head. "My name is Captain Williams, I am the Julta's navigator."

Plato flicked up his visor. William's was greeted by stunted black eyes, and a creased face, streaked with blood. "You were on the bridge?"

Williams nodded. "The Pirates came without warning, several of them. Captain Mason tried to lead a desperate defence, but it was hopeless."

"How did you escape?" Snapped Plato, steadily filling with distrust.

Williams saw Plato's troubled mind, and reacted. "I am no Pirate. I was taken prisoner, but I was the only one, save for myself and the captain. The rest of the crew died fighting. I would have joined them, if i was not knocked unconcious."

"How did you escape, I asked." Repeated Plato, his impatience growing.

"I was taken to the officer holding cells, reserved for captured hostile officers. These Men-At-Arms here saved my life." Williams confirmed, motioning his hand to four Men-At-Arms sitting in the corner of the room, cleaning their bayonets and recharging batteries. Plato recognised them instantly.

"Alpha team?" He murmered. Alpha team were the Julta's elite security squad, each member was said to have served in the Cascadian armed forces for atleast twenty years.

"That is us." Grunted one of the Men-At-Arms, standing to his feet. He was clean shaven, stocky, pale toned. "I am Sergeant Laconia, and these men are what remain of my squad."

Plato sighed. "I was apart of Octavian squad, we too, have taken heavy losses." He cast a glimpse over to the wounded Julsador, who sat with a successfully treated arm.

"Octavian?" Gasped Williams, interupting. "You were assigned to the Forcefield Generator, were you not?"

Plato nodded. "Hector Squad was slain by imposters protending to be Beta Squad. We dealt with the pirate scum, and were then confronted by a frontal assault. Dozens of our hated foe surged through the main doors. It was a blood bath."

"And Cascadia triumphed?" Replied Laconia, with a confident smile.

Plato bowed his head. "At a price."

"Excellent." Cheered Williams, earning himself Plato's renewed mistrustful gaze. "Alpha squad successfully held the Warp Engines against a Pirate assault, you've prevented the Forcefield Geneator from harm. All that remains is taking the bridge, and we can bring the Julta back under our control."

"They know we're coming." Hissed Laconia. He looked at the lift that would take them to the bridge. "We're down to six men, six and a half if you count the wounded Knight. We haven't got a chance."

"Yet we must try." Said Plato. "I have come a great distance, through all kinds of peril. I have seen my foe appear to me like ghosts, I have myself, come to them like a ghost. I have survived battles I should not have. To relent in my quest to reach Captain Mason, would be sacriliage. The Gods are with me."

"Well they're not with the rest of us." Murmered Laconia. "I set out from the Warp Engines with a total of SIXTY men. Now there is just us."

"I greave for your men, but their lost lives will not hinder me from losing mine." Said Plato. His eyes were still dark, and his face portrayed nothing.

"If you go up that lift, you'll be looking down dozens of invisible gun barrels."

"The pirates on the bridge are not invisible." Interupted Williams. "I saw them. In fact, I don't believe all their men are. Too little we know about the pirates in their deployment, but it is certain that not even they can equip all their troops with this deadly technology."

Plato's heart lifted. "Then it'll be a fair battle."

Julgra picked up his Repeater. "I will join you old friend."

Plato shook his head. "Not this time brother, you are injured. The next battle would be the unglorified end of a great warrior."

"It is but a flesh wound. Shoot me yourself, or else let me come with you." Finalised Julsador.

Plato relented. "Very well, at your own peril. Noble son of Cascadia." He ventured over to a fallen Cascadian soldier, who gripped two Repeaters in cold, stiff fingers. He pried them. Both batteries were nearly full, the poor rampant soldier was probably hit before he could fire.

"Is there another way to the bridge?" Asked Plato.

Williams nodded. "Take the corridor to the left of the lift, it will lead you up some stairs. Both ways are sure to be guarded."

Plato fixed his shield to his back and held the two Repeaters firmly. He hoped his armour would be adequate protection, and that dual Repeaters would allow for him to dispatch his opponents quickly.

"If I do not return, then know the Pirates hold the bridge." Finished Plato. He and his comrade headed for the stairs.

It was a tiring climb, especially for the weakened Julsador. It wasn't just a straight stairway, the pair had to get off at certain levels, pass through corridors and access more flights of stairs. Plato listened intently for breathing, and footsteps - the signs of an invisible attacker. Yet he heard none. This part of the ship was completely lifeless.

"Six paces behind you and two to the left is where I stand, I am a soldier from your troup, Tristan Darryl at your service and Plato, I have something I found on a dead Pirate you might want to try..."

Plato turned, and was so startled that he nearly slammed down both triggers in the direction of the voice.

"Show yourself, or I will fire on you!"

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 04-22-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

ooc: haha fuck, sorry was trying to catch up but missed obviously a major detail, will add more later, going to work =(

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 04-23-2008

Canada KP
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Double posting for the bump,

Tristan first through down his weapon, it appeared from nowhere and he could see Plato smile in approval. This was a standoff and Tristan was trying to show that he was most certainly NOT the enemy. Next he decloaked; It wasn't like anything in sci-fi movies of the 21st and 22nd Centuries, no special effects, no bullshit. You weren't there, and then you were.

Tristan hands spread out palms out with the microchip in his hand, spoke slowly to Plato.

"I took the cloaking device off a pirate and was literally walking amongst them without their knowledge. Except for the one who had this, he saw me almost before I turned the corner, I'm thinking it not only lets you see the cloaked enemy but detects the presence of them nearby as well. I'm assuming the fields give off some sort of energy we can't detect normally, but this can. I'm thinking it would be more useful in your hands until we have more, I can kill a lot of people, but not while they are trying to kill me.

Tristan tossed Plato the chip, and while Plato reached out to grab it, had his weapon in his arms, just in case Plato happened to be a pirate as well. He didn't believe this to be true, but just wanted to be sure.

"Anyways, sorry to take off like that but there were things I needed to do alone that would have been far harder with company. Seek forgiveness not permission no?"

Tristan grinned, he was in very high spirits picturing the bombs going off, but wanted to waste no more time executing this next task. He shouldered his rifle and turned to Plato..

"lead on..."

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 04-25-2008

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

OOC:
Sorry for my lack of activity, but my modem died on Wednesday, and the new one has just finally been installed. I'll write something up here when I have some time later today.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 04-27-2008

God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

Plato gave Tristran a bemused smile, and then eyed the chip intently.

"It has come to me too late, for I am told that the pirates who remain on the bridge, are not equipped with the cloaking technology. I could have put this to great use minutes ago, still, maybe it will come in handy." He said firmly. He inserted the chip into his cloaking device, but did not switch it on.

"I am a proud son of Cascadia, so long as my enemy remain visible to my eyes, I shall remain visible to theirs. This final battle will be a test of strength and courage, not of deceit and trickery. It is the way of the Cascadian warriors." Said Plato with a smile.

The company proceded to the bridge, climbing more stairs and traversing more, empty and hollow corridors.

pm.gif   

Old 04-29-2008

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

"Hello, is anyone there?" Jenna asked again.
Nothing but static greeted her ears.

Sgt. Pilownsky looked on for a few seconds before speaking.
"I'm, I'm sorry..." he began to say before Jenna cut him off.
"No, I am sure that the system must be damaged, or maybe they just have switched their comms off. Whatever the case, whatever it may be, I am going up there..."
"What, to the bridge?" The Sgt. asked, shocked at what he was hearing.
"Yes, to the bridge. That is where those Knights were going, and that is where I must go too." Lt. Vaessen responded before turning around and walking back down to the main hanger floor. As she passed Lt. Morre, she stopped.
"Morre, I am heading for the bridge. I understand if you want to stay behind and help with the defense." Jenna said quickly.
Morre however responded by saying that he was going to stick with her, and when Jenna heard that, she smiled a little.
"Heh, guess I can trust in you then. Ok, lets go." Lt. Vaessen said, before turning to the survivors of the hanger.
"Ok then. Lt. Morre and I are going to head out to the bridge and link up with our squad. Stay here and defend the hanger, once the Pirate's loose the bridge, they loose control of the ship. Stay sharp, and may the gods watch over you all."

With those words still heavy in the air, Jenna and Morre turned and headed out of the main hanger door, slowly heading right for the bridge, and in Jenna's mind, almost certain death as well...

pm.gif   

Old 04-29-2008

God is upon you.

OOC: SHIT i totally forgot about the radio transmission, meh, nevermind. You may have guessed by the volume of my last post that i wasn't really in the mood at the time.

The situation on the Julta was turning for a bitter climax. What begun as a pirate infiltration and disablement of the vessel, had started to turn into a bitter battle. Whilst the various members of Octavian Squad led an undefeated resistance in the mid and upper sections of the ship, in the barracks area, the marines were finally breaking out of encirclement that the pirates had put them under. Intense firefights were under way, room by room, stairway by stairway - but Cascadia was winning. The pirates grew fewer and fewer, for their initial objective had been to deactivate the ship, not to eliminate the crew entirely. In an hour, the vast majority of the Julta could be back under Cascadian control, but it is not an assured victory. The members of Octavian Squad must take the initiative, and secure the bridge as well as the Captain, so that the Julta can turn the tide of an impending space battle.

Plato led from the front - his boots heavy on the grated steps. There was little doubt that the pirates were aware of his presence, but it did not bother him. "I am a son of Cascadia." He repeated in his head, over and over. "I fear no pirate scum. My cause is just. I will overthrow this evil, and rescue my superior - it is the way."

"Slow down, old friend." Said Julsador, panting. It was evident his wound had taken its toll on his stamina. Plato turned to him with a sympathetic smile, and sighed.

"Forgive me. I am anxious to reach the bridge, and end this once and for all. We are at the last flight of stairs, they know we are coming." He replied. Turning to Tristran, Plato nodded. "Up these stairs, I think will be a door of sorts. As soon as we open it, we will be greeted by a hail of death. You might not make it. Follow myself and Julsador, let the might of our Cascadian armour absorb their hatred."

With that, Plato led them up the final steps, and surely enough, they stood before a door. It was unlocked, suprisingly, Plato had expected to have to knock it down. From the other side, there could be heard curses and shouts of panic.

"Give us the fucking access code you old fuck, we aint got time!" Howled one voice.

"Let's just shoot him and get out of here." Said another, calmly.

"Does Jekyll even know what shit is going down? Where's our evac? We're going to get fucked if we don't get out of here. The guys down below are pulling back."

Plato mused. Maybe they hadn't heard him and his team, perhaps the chaos created by their own panic had drowned out his heavy advance.

"Ready?" He whisphered to Tristran and Julsador. His brother-knight gave a brief nod, and gathered his breath for what could be the last battle.

------------------------------------------

Waves upon waves of Pirate Destroyers flew at the thinnly-held Cascadian line in a disorganised fashion. Their bulburous, crude hulls became peferated as Admiral Darius' forces opened fire, and surely enough, many of them combusted into flames - Cascadian weapons were not to be medelled with, especially by the Pirates who used last generation technology. Still, the Pirates had the advantage of numbers.

Darius' first line of destroyers had soon emptied their entire armoury - warheads - lasers - plasma, everything. It was the Pirate's turn.

Hundreds of Pirate Troop Transports attached themselves to the foremost destroyers, whilst their supporting motherships sent missiles spiraling towards those further back. Admiral Darius, seeing what was happening, ordered Protocol Cascadian Blood, which followed like thus:

Several Cascadian destroyers that had emtpied their arsenals, rather than return to restock ammunition, which would be pointless considering there was not enough time, charged the Pirate "line". Emptying themselves of all personnel on life ships, that were shot towards Cascadia's atmosphere, the destroyers rocketed into the midst of the Pirate formations, and detonated, destroying everything nearby.

The first phase of the battle ended, Cascadia had lost over a hundred ships - a loss it could not afford. The pirates had lost three hundred, or there abouts, but they were still coming.

pm.gif   

Old 05-03-2008

BF Vet

OOC: Again, sorry for lack of posting, been insanely busy with work. Will post here in a bit, gotta just type a post up first.

pm.gif   

Old 05-06-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

[OOC]Sorry about not posting...I've been working on my finals for the year. I'll hopefully get something up before anyone else posts, so I can just edit this one here.[/OOC]

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 05-28-2008

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

(OOC: Anybody alive!?)

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-29-2008

Canada KP

(OOC) Barely

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 06-02-2008

BF Vet

OOC: Finals and work. If anyone else is still alive, just let me know if yah want to revive this excellent RP.

pm.gif   

Old 06-06-2008

God is upon you.

OOC: Forgive me absence, i had assumed this died out around the time everyon started to promise a post, but never delivered. I'm changing my perspective from third-person to first-person so that i can get myself more immersed.

IC:

The pirates are distracted. If they were Cascadian marines, they would never lose their concentration by giving in to dispair of the situation - that's what sets our two peoples apart, discipline and savageness.

Looking down, I glance at my two repeaters. Both of them are fitted with fresh batteries, and both of them are still steaming from the battle on the level below. It's an odd smell that eminates from a heated repeater - not quite like burning metal, but I can feel that same familiar sour tingling in my nostrils from the battery fumes.

I breath deeply. It is me that must be first to enter the bridge, not knowng how many pirates there will be, or whether any of them will be invisible to my eyes. This has been a strange ordeal indeed, for I am used to fighting in an unexpected, hopeless scenario, but not against enemies who I cannot see. It angers me.

I grab the cloaking device attached to my waist. I am a Knight of Cascadia, I do not need to yield to such dishonour, and so, I crush it with my fingers, until the metal chunks pour onto the floor. Julsador gives me a silent nod, but Tristran seems bemused by my actions.

"Let's go." I say, softly, before sucking as much air as I can into my lungs. "For Cascadia, our mother!"

I run forwards. The doors of the bridge slide open gracefully; their sensors having detected my presence. My eyes are greeted by the sight of unspeakable carnage and suffering - human organs lay scattered around the floor immediately infront of me. A female officer hangs over them by her feet - her face has been mutilated and her stomach has been cut open. It disheartens me, but angers me at the same time. I become filled with rage, I am a wild animal.

I brush past the hanging coprse, and am greeted by the confused and panicked stares of a dozen or so armed pirates. With years of training and combat experience, I raise both repeaters - my enemy are so tightly packed, sitting amongst the central computers, I need not take propper aim. My arms shudder as I squeaze the triggers, and I watch as the some of my hated enemy are blown back by the force of impact.

Tristran comes in from my right, firing his rifle, before taking cover behind a nearby computer panel. Julsador comes to aid me from the left. Together we swamp the middle of the bridge in sprays of laser.

"We give up, we give up!" Yells one voice.

"Hold fire." I order to my comrades, and they obey. Though they do not know my intentions.

Three of the original twelve pirates raise their hands. I can see them trembling, terrified. Warriors? No, frightened savages - rapists, terrorists. I am too far gone to allow them mercy.

I spray them with firey death, and they fall to the floor in pieces.

I advance to the middle of the room, stepping over the bodies of former comrades. There must have been a desperate defence made here, probably led by Captain Mason. Fool. He should have retreated, found a safe place to hide - that's the problem with the older soldiers, they are stubborn, they do not give way to new-age tactics.

The Captain however, is not among any of the bodies. Damn. Where is he?

Suddenly an alarm sounds on the keyboard infront of me - facing the bridge's overhead screen. I look closer, and press the button nearest the flashing red light, and hope it responds.

"This is Admiral Darius." Booms a voice over the bridge. I am startled, I quickly check the corners of the room for life - until I realise the aged face of our beloved war-time hero is on the overscreen. He appears ill with worry and doubt.

"Cascadians?" He asks anxiously. I nod. "Thank the Gods... where is Captain Mason?"

"I do not know, we came to the bridge as soon as we could so that we may rescue him... yet he is not here, and nor is he among the dead." I reply firmly and clearly.

The Admiral gives a brief pause. "What's the Julta's situation?"

"A mess, sir. The pirates came from nowhere, using some form of personal cloaking technology. It sounds strange, but It's the truth. I've killed a dozen of them that simply appeared from the air."

The Admiral looks at me with a troubled expression. "This is grave news."

"What's going on, Admiral?"

"Cascadia is under attack by a giant pirate fleet. They too, appeared out of nowhere. We are out numbered, and all off-world fleets will take hours to arrive. The planet could be destroyed by then. We need the Julta to be reactivated - it's the only ship capable of turning the tide of this battle."

"I'll find the Captain, and whatever else I can of the bridge staff."

The Admiral merely sighs. Before he can say another word, I hear a scream of pain. Turning behind me, I see Julsador on his knees, he holds his visor. A laser crosses my vision - the heat brings tears to my eyes. Turning fast than lightning strikes, I face the direction of the shot. A large group of pirates are descending upon the bridge - gushing through the door from which we had initially entered...

Last edited by Rokdar Ironvain; 06-06-2008 at 02:44 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 06-11-2008

BF Vet

OOC: Well, now that I have finally finished up all of my finals and crap at college, I actually have free time again. Yea! Well, anyway, now that the causes of my long absence have been taken care of, I am back. Oh, and if Reservoir if you are still around, let me know, asap. Kinda hard to advance without your impute yah know.
---
Jenna and Morre quickly, but carefully made their way down the empty corridor, fully expecting to find an entire squad of Pirates around every turn. Yet, not a single soul was seen during their advance, and soon the duo found themselves at the end of the hall. In front of them was one of the ships many lift-systems, and this one went right up to the officers mess, which was located right by the bridge. The only other way up would be through the vents, and that could take hours, hours they did not have. As Morre checked the nearby computer panel to see if he could reactivate the lift, Jenna glanced toward a nearby viewport, and witnessed a massive explosion just outside of the ship.

"What the Hell?" she cried out, looking over to Morre, who was just as confused as she was. Looking some more, Jenna saw more explosions further out, and realized that a massive space battle was taking place.
"This is bad, real bad. We have to get to the bridge, now!" Lt. Vaessen forcefully said to Morre, gripping her rifle slightly harder then she was before.
"Right, the lift is ready, lets go." Morre responded as the lift finally reactivated. Stepping inside, Jenna pressed the button that would lead them to the Officers mess, and perhaps their fate as well.
"This is it, lets end this..." Lt. Vaessen quietly said to herself as the doors closed and the lift began to rise...

pm.gif   

Old 06-11-2008

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

OOC: Somebody fill me in, kk? Thanks.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif