Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Only created from 1 high templar and 1 dark templar?
for sure, makes perfect sense! 33 75.00%
nope, don't like this one bit. 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Renagade Rine
 Renagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the rough
Default Twilight Archon

I know this has been discussed before; The Twilight Archon should only be created by a light and dark templar together not 2 of the same kind, also I think the Twilight archon should be half melee, and half caster (makes perfect sense when comparing with the old archons) Should posses still me a spell? maybe a psi storm that takes 250 manna and is 3 times the size that does twice the damage and lasts twice as long? Have any spell ideas?

Renagade Rine has 325 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Renagade Rine  

Old 12-07-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

We already had a great discussion goin for this idea, it got moved to the Mod choice (or as I call it the thread graveyard)

http://blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=11730

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

Yeah I think we need the posses ability back for sure.

_X_ has 638 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Since you need to tech so high to get both the high templar and dark templar, I think that the Twilight Archon should be buffed up a bit. Lore-wise, four years isn't that long a time for Protoss, not enough for Dark Templar to get acquainted with the Khala and the High Templar with the Void. If it were longer, we could say "Yes, they've had enough time, and now can reasonably possess both types of energies", but they don't.

Despite this, I would prefer no change to the creation of a TA if they were to use my earlier suggestion of having an HT/DT TA have two different abilities along with their normal attack, one light and one dark. If someone makes a 2DT TA it should only have the dark ability, or the light ability if it were a 2HT TA.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Random Trivia: In starcraft 1, the archon was the most powerful ground unit in the game. Including the reaver and ultralisk but excluding heros.

Quote:
maybe a psi storm that takes 250 manna and is 3 times the size that does twice the damage and lasts twice as long? Have any spell ideas?
U kidding? That thing would devastate armies. One crack at the mineral line would completely obliterate someones economy and might even take down other base defenders in the process.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Renagade Rine
 Renagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
Random Trivia: In starcraft 1, the archon was the most powerful ground unit in the game. Including the reaver and ultralisk but excluding heros.

U kidding? That thing would devastate armies. One crack at the mineral line would completely obliterate someones economy and might even take down other base defenders in the process.
maybe the twilight archon would sacrifice itself while doing so?
it'd be like the protoss nuke.
maybe the archon could prepare itself for like 7 seconds before doing so?

Renagade Rine has 325 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Renagade Rine  

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

The thing is, Dark and High templar have different purposes and now require different buildings to be built. so I'm not really sure how often you'll even be in a position to merge two different templar together.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

United States AFXFTW
Kladfvgbung Micshk
 AFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightenedAFXFTW has become enlightened

ooh, I got it
Maybe the archon could concentrate for 5 minutes, and at the end cast an "I win" spell . . . but you have to have 5 of each kind of templar and a mothership all melded together. That way, you can say "NR 20" and then at like 15 minutes, it say "You Lose" and the newb is like WTF LOL?

AFXFTW has 2,093 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

Quote:
depends on what you are basing that on. where's the suber duber uber goober siege tank?

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 12-07-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKiller View Post
depends on what you are basing that on. where's the suber duber uber goober siege tank?
I was just talking about 1v1's where you set the two units to attack each other. I just thought that it was interesting that an archon could take down an ultralisk.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Lore-wise, it should require one of both types.

Balance-wise, it should remain the same. Dark Templar and High Templar no longer share the same required structure.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

Maybe Blizzard plans on having the dark and high templars to still have some tension and not get along. Then they wouldnt be merging much would they.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

I suspect the Twilight Archon will be built in the mission where the Khalai and the Dark Templar (or at least some of each group) finally get along.

I don't believe it's ever been stated that all Dark Templar hate the Khalai, or vice versa (although it really did seem like the large majority of Khalai were intolerant).

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

In lore, the HT and DT combo makes perfect sense, plus its something fans have always wanted.

But when you think about it, the reason for the archons existance is, after you use the energy on a ht, you could merge them...

I personally never use this, because doing so would leave my archon vulnerable, but I can see why for balence sake that Blizzard couldnt do 1 ht and dt only. If they find a way though, I'd be estatic. And like other people said, the combo of the merge should efect the attribute of the archon, if kept the way it is. But then... why not just create different archons? Archon-Dark Archon-TwighlightArchon?

Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 12-07-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate

It probably won't happen, but I think it would be cool if, in-campaign, all three Archon types were present (and each built from the specific combination).

(In fact, if Ulrezaj survives to StarCraft II, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dark Archon exists, as an NPC unit, for his minions. And, if not, you can create one -- just tint a Twilight Archon, give it better spells, remove its attack, and rename it Dark Archon.)

pm.gif