Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 09-19-2007

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much
Default The Greatest Shits Thread

So I was tooling around in my iTunes and when I find an artist that I like/remember from childhood/hate so much I have to play it for my friends I usually download the greatest hits so I can hear more good music/nostalgic music/shit music. It usually ends up pretty good you get 5 or 6 hits you remember 3 you've never heard and the rest is mediocre. But sometimes it ends in hilarity. Take for example exhibit A:

Lisa Loeb

I bought Family Guy Season 5 yesterday and was watching the first few episodes and a Lisa Loeb song came on and I thought HAHAHAHA I HAVE to Download Lisa Loeb and rock out to it on the way to work, it's too funny to turn down (picture someone rocking out to Stay.... everyone old enough to know what Stay is that is.) So I downloaded Lisa's 'Greatest Hits' off of Amazon and I must say, I recognize TWO SONGS and the rest are utterly terrible (even more so than the two I recognize.)

So this is the thread I would like to dedicate to "Greatest Hits?" Cd's that are supposed to be greatest hits but are more like Greatest Piles Of Dog Faeces.

Please lets make this a decent thread, provide a cover art link (using img tags) and a link to the song listing, if its amazon I want at least one comment like this one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone who actually LIKES Lisa Loeb?
Yes, Lisa Loeb is quirky *and* hot! She is also incredibly talented, and her music is original and infectious.....
I don't believe they left Someone You Should Know out of this collection!! That would have made this CD really complete!!
So go forth and post, lets try to keep one greatest hits album per post guys just to separate the thread nicely and such.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 09-24-2007

Canada Cronoss
Saturn Administrator
 Cronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of win
Default Re: The Greatest Shits Thread

Hmm perhaps you're demanding too much work out of the forumers. They are a lazy bunch.

Cronoss has 7,486 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Cronoss Send a message via MSN to Cronoss  

Old 09-24-2007

Canada Thus
is one happy dude
 Thus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronoss View Post
Hmm perhaps you're demanding too much work out of the forumers. They are a lazy bunch.
Got that right.

Thus has 4,256 Posts

"These days I realize that the more you insult other people, the more you're really insulting your own integrity."
-Luther Shark
Wisdom + Kindness

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Thus  

Old 09-25-2007

Canada Vash
The Man in the Box
 Vash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatness

Does anyone remember this? She comes out with two albums and throws out a Greatest Hits CD. What in the shit.

Vash has 231 Posts

He who controls others may be powerful,
but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

-Lao Tzu

Thanks to Dragon Master for the Signature and Avatar.

pm.gif   

Old 09-25-2007

Canada KP
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post

Does anyone remember this? She comes out with two albums and throws out a Greatest Hits CD. What in the shit.
Hahahaha fuck is that real?

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 09-26-2007

Canada Cronoss
Saturn Administrator
 Cronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of winCronoss is made of win

You know, I bought that two-CD Van Halen greatest hits album, "Best of Both Worlds", when it came out a couple years ago. The one with all the red and white stripes on the cover (imitating Eddie's frankenstrat, or whatever the hell it's called).

Anyway the album sucks, mostly because it gives any space to the post-David Lee Roth period. I should have just bought 7 or 8 I like off of iTunes. Damn.

Cronoss has 7,486 Posts

Old 09-26-2007

Canada KP

Quote:
You know, I bought that two-CD Van Halen greatest hits album, "Best of Both Worlds", when it came out a couple years ago. The one with all the red and white stripes on the cover (imitating Eddie's frankenstrat, or whatever the hell it's called).

Anyway the album sucks, mostly because it gives any space to the post-David Lee Roth period. I should have just bought 7 or 8 I like off of iTunes. Damn.
Funny enough I owned that CD for a while then we were going skeet shooting and I decided to purge some of my cd collection....

But yeah I agree best of both worlds, there aren't enough great Van Halen songs to fill ONE CD let alone two.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 09-26-2007

United States henrywonderchimp
because boston sucks
 henrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of win

I would disagree... there are several Roth-era songs I enjoy. It's when you get into the Haggar stuff that it gets annoying and just downright difficult to listen to.

henrywonderchimp has 4,553 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to henrywonderchimp Send a message via MSN to henrywonderchimp Send a message via Yahoo to henrywonderchimp 

Old 09-26-2007

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Hahahaha fuck is that real?
Unfortunately it is. My little sister has it.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 09-26-2007

Canada KP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Unfortunately it is. My little sister has it.
Because she borrowed it from you... I know this doesn't really apply but does Queen need THREE fucking greatest hits CD's (and not like remakes of old greatest hits but actually three cds full of individual content?)

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 09-27-2007

Canada Cronoss
Saturn Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrywonderchimp View Post
I would disagree... there are several Roth-era songs I enjoy. It's when you get into the Haggar stuff that it gets annoying and just downright difficult to listen to.
That's what we said.

Cronoss has 7,486 Posts

Old 09-27-2007

Croatia ZergMcNugget
404The Error of the Beast
 ZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supreme

It makes No Sence to Create Greatest Hits with only 2 ALBUMS!!!
Only 2 out of like 30 are trully Hits.

ZergMcNugget has 862 Posts

If atheism is religion than bycicles are type of cars.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to ZergMcNugget  

Old 09-27-2007

United States henrywonderchimp
because boston sucks
 henrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of win

Quote:
That's what we said.
And I elaborated with my opinion.

henrywonderchimp has 4,553 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to henrywonderchimp Send a message via MSN to henrywonderchimp Send a message via Yahoo to henrywonderchimp