Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Old 02-12-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Is it THAT hard...

...to find solid moderators that actually do their job? Almost every non-game board on BF has absolutely shitty moderating. And i made this a thread instead of a pm because i feel that it's something that should be made public. I think everyone should weigh in with their opinions here. Why is it that moderators like Tassy (no offense to him, he's a cool guy and everything) remain blue after weeks and months of inactivity? Obviously global mods aren't an effective way of moderating the forums. I think it's time to greenify certain mods because they just aren't doing their damn job.

Anyways, don't delete this thread please. I really think it's important that everybody give their opinions here publicly so we can legitimately decide what's going to happen.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-12-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!
Default Re: Is it THAT hard...

I'm with Ace.

I love our mods, but after some time something needs to be done. Sure not much bad happens here, but still, standards guys.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

QUICK

DELETE THE EVIDENCE, HIDE OUR TRACES OUR FORUMS ARE PERFECT!

ok on topic:

I agree but I also fear that in the end we'll become a community filled with greens and blues and just little white and thats because of our lack of activity, besides is this an urgency? Do we NEED it? I dont think so.

Lets say who you think would make a good mod for AnE for example or any other forum (SD maybe)

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Could it possibly be because everyone here is under the age of 25 (present comapny +GA and wyseguy included....maybe Harv ((when he visits))

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
Could it possibly be because everyone here is under the age of 25 (present comapny +GA and wyseguy included....maybe Harv ((when he visits))
I'm 26, thank you very much.

I agree with Ace, but I think what he is trying to say is there should be a limit to the time we allow active mods to be inactive before we retire them.

I've volunteered to mod, but still no response from anyone. Oh well.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 02-12-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Eh, even so, on the CoD boards I mod on, we're asked to be on a minimum of once every 2 days to keep an eye on things.

A month of inactivity would be beyond what's acceptable for us there.

Just saying.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Not saying this specifically to anyone - but when we look @ new mods - if we think you are part of the problem we're trying to solve/not leading by example we aren't likely to pick you to mod that area.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 02-12-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

I completely disagree with Ace on this subject, the GMs and administrators need to avoid trying to police the forums unless the most dire situations call for their intervention. I cannot count the amount of times a staff member has intruded into my personal space, gotten in my way or even threatened me over private messages in order to try and prevent me from experiencing this board to the fullest for the "common good". It's a bit frustrating really, I hope we can find a compromise on this issue in the not so distant future.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

United States Megan
BF Member
 Megan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supreme

I remember a time when it was a sin to double post and I got a PM about it or an infraction or something of the sort. It seems now more serious actions on the forums go unoticed or so it seems. I feel that if someone is completely out of line there should be consequences and of course the forums need to be monitored on a regular basis. I've deleted or edited my owns post if I felt at a later time they were inappropriate. We should all take accountability for our own actions considering I think most of us who post here are adults.

" If I could build my house just like a trojan horse."

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

HV I think what ace is trying to point out is that when you ask for a thread deletion or report a post the response time is minimal and a lot of the time you get a response from a global mod or super admin rather then that boards moderator. It's not exactly fair to them and it's not exactly fair to the posters to have to rely on such a small group of fairly sporadic posters. Requiring mods to meet some sort of posting or at least browsing criteria makes sense to me. How are they supposed to know what's happening in the forum they moderate if they aren't there?

And to respond to your other point, about smods and moderators invading your 'personal space'

This isn't nor has it ever been a democracy. When you flamebait and troll a board any mod will eventually get fed up of having to trail around you babysitting and they will contact you specifically. Adhering to the rules being civil and arguing in a manner that isn't simply hurling insults will have you left alone. There are plenty of posters who have been here for years without an infraction or with very rare infractions. You can enjoy the board to the fullest while still allowing everyone else the freedom to as well. And I think that's where you're wrong. You want the mods to let this board spiral into flamebaiting/spam/etc. With mods only dealing with the 'most dire' situations. This is a civil board and one frequented by a lot of younger kids. Why should they let this turn into a mini 4chan?

Last edited by KP; 02-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.
KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-13-2009

Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Yes, I understand that, and that's precisely why I disagree. I believe the moderation of the forums ought to be minimal to begin with.

I think the best solution is to have less moderators in general. Turn some people into the greens and the problem is solved.

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

But why? Why should a board that isn't that heavily moderated to begin with moderate even less? There are only 2 boards I can think of where moderation has ever been 'overdone' and that's SD and A&E during the WAYLTN Prohibition of 07. Other than that the mods are very hands off already unless they receive specific complaints from multiple posters.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Immune to Bans

Well as far as I see it the only legitimate point the OP has is the fact that we got some Blue mods who aren't online for weeks at a time. That's a technicality that can be easily fixed by turning them green...

or of course we can ignore this "problem" altogether and leave the state of moderation on the forums as it is right now. I am specifically referring to CC and GD.

SD I would love to have reformed. Kaizen and GA have provided excellent suggestions for that section. I think Kaizen qualifies as an SD mod. Same with GA.

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP

Except they don't like each other and are two of the most outspoken SD members with the easily some of the best posts on the board. See the problem? The most visible solution isn't always exactly the best one.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
Ok look Nuts i think you're a cool person and all but that is one of the poorest excuses you could've come up with. Since when is there an age requirement to be an effing internet website moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV
Yes, I understand that, and that's precisely why I disagree. I believe the moderation of the forums ought to be minimal to begin with.

I think the best solution is to have less moderators in general. Turn some people into the greens and the problem is solved.
What do you perceive the outcome of this will be?

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace