Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Old 11-21-2006

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler
 Stronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatness
Default Re: The Definitive Guide to the Man, and How He is Keeping You Down

Reminds me of the whole Rhinotank banning thing. Like everyone knew and wouldn't shut up about it.

Stronghold has 2,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-21-2006

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I understand that banning is between staff and the user, but when its a major member of our community its somewhat jus like "wtf hes banned. fuck it"

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 11-22-2006

United States AFHOF
Permanent Failure
 AFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at life

Why? Whats the reasoning behind that?

pm.gif   

Old 11-22-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

I'd like to know when I can see the expired infractions go away from my UCP (User Control Panel) screen. That infraction is starting to annoy me, and maybe one day I'll think of it as a neg rep.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 11-22-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

What's the difference between a "warning" and an infraction. I got a warning back in the day for getting pissed at some guy in the SC2 forums. Can those lead up to infractions?

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 11-23-2006

Australia Darkarbiter
Sexy Manchild
 Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!Darkarbiter is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofAscension View Post
In response to the staff sass. We expect there to be a certain level of respect for the staff since they totally volunteer their time to do something that can be unpopular.

~LoA
Uhh i think you guys forgot making up consipiracy theories about staff.

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2006

United States elcapjtk
Moon Administrator
 elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRagE View Post
What's the difference between a "warning" and an infraction. I got a warning back in the day for getting pissed at some guy in the SC2 forums. Can those lead up to infractions?
Warnings don't assign points that infractions do. If you get a warning, it just shows up in your profile, whereas if you get an infraction you get the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArbiter
Uhh i think you guys forgot making up consipiracy theories about staff.
What?

elcapjtk has 7,602 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to elcapjtk Send a message via AIM to elcapjtk Send a message via MSN to elcapjtk Send a message via Yahoo to elcapjtk 

Old 11-23-2006

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Soldier View Post
I'd like to know when I can see the expired infractions go away from my UCP (User Control Panel) screen. That infraction is starting to annoy me, and maybe one day I'll think of it as a neg rep.
I don't think they ever go away, but they do have a column for days left or "expired", at least when staff looks at it.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 11-23-2006

United States Redcloak
Lord of Legacy
 Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Why? Whats the reasoning behind that?
Because then people try to make it a discussion. WHY WAS HE BANNED, THAT"S NOT FAIR.

Does it really matter why someone was banned if you aren't planning to argue it?

Redcloak has 13,393 Posts

~Redcloak
10 Years with the Legacy Network

Whoa, where was I at?

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Redcloak  

Old 11-23-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
I don't think they ever go away, but they do have a column for days left or "expired", at least when staff looks at it.
So does that mean even after 5 years of me staying here hopefully with none of the database crashing event I will still have all of my infractions?

Damn that sucks.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 11-23-2006

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Soldier View Post
So does that mean even after 5 years of me staying here hopefully with none of the database crashing event I will still have all of my infractions?

Damn that sucks.
Infractions are always listed, but they only count for 10 days after they're issued. Once those 10 days elapse, the infraction is worth 0 points.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 11-23-2006

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcloak View Post
Because then people try to make it a discussion. WHY WAS HE BANNED, THAT"S NOT FAIR.

Does it really matter why someone was banned if you aren't planning to argue it?
Then why not just one thread stickied in say the help desk where it will say who was banned, the reason, and for how long.

End of story. If people discuss it in threads, protest it, or w/e then they automatically get a 3 day ban or something. Whats the harm in trying it?

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 11-24-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

I'm with missilX on this one, a lot people get banned and then we just wonder why. Sometimes it's obvious, but it's always nice to know exactly why/where it "happened" (for lack of a better word). For example when DE got banned.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 11-24-2006

United States elcapjtk
Moon Administrator
 elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRagE View Post
I'm with missilX on this one, a lot people get banned and then we just wonder why. Sometimes it's obvious, but it's always nice to know exactly why/where it "happened" (for lack of a better word). For example when DE got banned.
Why does it matter? You don't have to worry about why anyone was banned, when, and for how long.

elcapjtk has 7,602 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to elcapjtk Send a message via AIM to elcapjtk Send a message via MSN to elcapjtk Send a message via Yahoo to elcapjtk 

Old 11-24-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
Infractions are always listed, but they only count for 10 days after they're issued. Once those 10 days elapse, the infraction is worth 0 points.

Except the permenant ones right.

And why does it say 'private' for infractions? Does that mean there's public ones?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts