Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Old 02-13-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Is it THAT hard...

I'm sorry, I just reread what you just said 6 times over and I didn't find this illusive "problem" you are referring to.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Anyways.

A possible solution is just coming here more often. if you're a moderator, then at one point you came to BF enough to be recognized for mod. I really hate that it sounds like im complaining, because im just a little sick of the lack of action by the moderators. It takes like 15 minutes to browse BF. i think it's fairly easy to do that so why can't the staff members.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I'm sorry, I just reread what you just said 6 times over and I didn't find this illusive "problem" you are referring to.
The problem is that you need a moderator who is for the most part going to be very neutral and if two of the most avid SD posters who just so happen to dislike each other and flame each other are the candidates the won who loses is likely to find their posts at the wrong end of the modstick.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

You ought to check the SC2 forums; there's like 6 moderators there but for me it feels like it takes forever just to shut one thread down. Though I'll admit I don't go there very often, quite frankly I don't like the fanboys down south and they certainly don't like me when I critique them. Normally I feel that I shouldn't raise up issues like these in public manners but I will do so at the very moment.

Gaming Discussion: We've been fairly civilized aside from all the console/PC fanboyism without the need of a moderator. Starpie isn't particularly very active in the Gaming Discussion nor does he post a lot. I recommend appointing a regular poster from that particular part of the forums, or just anyone who's willing to take the job. Roleplaying forums is the same thing; except it's been dead until now.

World of WarCraft: I don't really see LXM around. But I just begun hanging around there. And Insuranceman, he's not very active as far as I know of it. Situation is pretty fine there with the exception of a hot debates between GenocideAlive, TheRabidDeer and Neo. I could be wrong with TRD.

StarCraft 2: Could use an improvement for being one of the more active forums and filled with younger and less experienced posters. I just checked in on the moderators and only 2 out of the 6 have been active within the 2 days. The rest haven't been seen online since 3 days. This maybe an acceptable level/standard however, depends on if you feel there could be improvements made regarding activity.

Frequently sees a bit of topics that belong to "StarCraft Discussion" but are not moved or takes a long time to move. Understandable since people does not visit that forums as much; but your just asking for the two forums to be merged likewise with the Diablo and WarCraft forums. Recommendation: Fix it or merge the two forums. Otherwise not much else to recommend, I don't go there very often.

Chit Chat: I have a feeling that Pizza does a lot of the work, but that's just me. Maybe potentially a new mod?

Newbie Forums: Are moderators obligated or expected to rush to the nearest new topic to greet them? Not much else to bring up other than that.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

The WoW forum seems to be fine, dudes get emo about video games let them duke it out. Look at the actualy Blizzard boards. Mods only step in when things get really out of hand because of the rock paper scissors nature of buffs and nerfs in WoW. Sometimes your class is going to be at the top (paladins) but for a long time prior they could have been the shittiest class ever (again.. paladins) or vice versa (rogues)

As for SC forums is Zero still not an active poster there though?

Gaming discussion we could possibly use a more active mod but then again rarely does it need to be moderated. Not like there are any new consoles coming out this year that can garner a whole lot of positive/negative attention. And the whole WC3 vs SC thread concept has finally seemed to have disappeared. RP forums I'm sure the moderation will return once the posters do.

Newbie forums have always seemed like a great place to hide +1ing to me instead of welcoming new members. Hopefully we can remedy that and actually help these guys.

It's really what Ace op'd about that seems to need an overhaul. A&E. Twice in the last little while I have been tabbed browsing and posted a thread in the wrong subforum reported myself and had to wait days for the thread to get moved. Not saying I'm not retarded to begin with but you shouldn't have to wait more than 24 hours for moderation on a forum of over 1500 posters. :\

Last edited by KP; 02-13-2009 at 03:24 AM.
KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Yes, I suppose the WoW forums is fine at this point. None of the arguments ever have been personally directed at people I think. Though if you want to add in moderators just for the hell of it, WoW could use a new moderator in the future.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 02-13-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Well, if enough people ask for a mod in a certain section (like SD, as it seems), I'm sure the BF staff will take a long, hard look at it. If that section really does need stricter modding, then I'm sure they will make it so.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada KP

I don't think it's strict moderation we're looking for just frequency of visit. Having a mod who takes 3-4 days off at a time is counterproductive.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

We require additional active moderators!

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

United States n00bonicPlague
Master of All Things Noob
 n00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightened

I'd say the moderation is some of the best.

......but that could just be the perspective I have due to my origins:

Battle.net Forums
Star Craft 2 General Discussion Forum

n00bonicPlague has 71 Posts

Macro and Micro are like Yin and Yang:
two opposing qualities that complement eachother --
maintaining dynamic equilibrium in a single movement.

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

LEAVE THE MODS ALONE! You'll make Chris Crocker cry.

So we have mods who never actually mod. And yet we have one of the better SC2 communities. Does that make sense?

Chewbacca Defense wins again.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

But DO we have one of the better SC2 communities?

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
But DO we have one of the better SC2 communities?
Better than Battle.net by far, that's as far as I can go with.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Just want to point out that greens have no additional power whatsoever compared to the whites

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 02-13-2009

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

that makes me sad

I think LoA needs to be more active or some other yellow to make the decisions

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif