Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 01-28-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country thePoster
BF Member
 thePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something rightthePoster is obviously doing something right
Question Diablo 3 + Stylus-controlled actions in DS games

I don't know if someone has posted this idea over here before...

Because Diablo 3 has isometric view, would it be cool to have some spells/abilities that work like varieties of stylus-controlled actions like in some DS games? (Zelda DS, The World Ends With You, for example)

Simple examples would be a firewall-spell that blocks enemies, and would damage them if they are near the wall. You could create your own chokes & trap strong enemies in a fiery circle by drawing a line with a mouse + hotkey. Or a object throw spell where you pick an object with a mouse (concrete wall or a big stone) and with moving a mouse to the left and releasing the mouse at the right time the object would fly left & do direct damage to enemies.

Imagine how clever & fun spells/abilities could be made into Diablo 3? And what kind of crazy ideas you have in your mind?

Or would this idea work at all in Diablo 3?

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

The firewall spell might work, and indeed I would love to see such a thing (with appropriate downsides to mana/energy of course). I'm not as convinced about the telekinesis, but it could work if done well.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

United States cassius987
BF Member
 cassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortals

Don't know if it could be implemented in a balanced way but it's a great idea.

cassius987 has 80 Posts

Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?
--Quotation of the Orange Catholic Bible from Frank Herbert's Dune

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping, the Moon tells me a secret (my confidant): "As full and bright as I am, this Light is not my own." And a million light reflections pass over me.
--Excerpt from Tool's "Reflection"

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

would the stylus idea be not just for ds? could you use your mouse as a stylus for certain spells?

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I always thought it would be cool to be able to use a control for Diablo -- especially considering half the time you're not really doing anymore then clicking the mouse :3

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 02-02-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I always thought it would be cool to be able to use a control for Diablo -- especially considering half the time you're not really doing anymore then clicking the mouse :3
and the fact that they have Further simply fies it so someone can sit back only use the mouse and feel the blood clots go to their brain.

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif