Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 01-19-2009
 
#16
United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default

The purpose of racism is culture wars. Traditionally people who look like you will act like you and value the same things.

When you go to war over some limited resource, you are in effect attempting to preserve your way of life because you think it is superior.

Over time, a process of survival of the fittest proves which is superior.
 
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts
 

GenocideAlive is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#17
Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,539
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
The fact you think that Islam is evil is quite interesting. Why are they evil? Because of the terrorist attacks? So you judge an entire group of people based on the worst of the group?
Who the fuck is "they"? Islam is an it, not a "they". It's an ideology and yes I consider it to be evil. Does that mean I think all Muslims are evil? No, but their religion is, and it incites violence from it's very core.
 
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts
 

H0teLVi0LeT is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#18
Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,539
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
There a plenty of Muslims throughout the world who seek only to raise their children and lead a decent life.
I don't doubt that, why are you telling me this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
The Dhalai Llama commanded a brutal regime in Tibet before his exile, does that mean Bhuddism is evil?
I know this, but why are you telling me this? Are you under some retarde assumption that I hate an ideology because some of its members are radical fundamentalists? That's were you're wrong. The ideology itsself is fucked up beyond recognition and incites violence through numerous verses found in the Quran, not to mention it divides (which no other religion does) the world into 2 camps, The House of War (Dar al-harb) and The House of Islam (Dar al-Islam). Then it goes on to seperate the world's population between Muslims and the Kuffar. In addition it instructs hatred and intolerance of he kuffar to the Muslim populace. The fact that many Muslims choose not to adhere to core tenets of their religion does not change the fact that the ideology itsself is fucked up.

You're a fucking retard Mike (not to mention I can beat the shit out of you), and you need to learn to fucking read and differentiate between "Islam" and "Muslims".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Islam is going through exactly what Christianity went through 14 centuries after its inception: A dark age. Except they have guns, dirty bombs, and a globally aware world as a backdrop, rather than medieval Europe.
False. And what are you saying now? We will have to go through another dark age, inquisitions, 500 years more of worldwide human rights abuses, a worldwide islamic states and mandated Shariah Law all couples with guns, and potential WMDs? Yeah... fuck off, I'd kill a billion people off before stoning of women becomes institutionalized in the West.
 
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts
 

H0teLVi0LeT is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#19
Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,085
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
The fact you think that Islam is evil is quite interesting. Why are they evil? Because of the terrorist attacks? So you judge an entire group of people based on the worst of the group?

So following that logic, all Asian people are evil because of what happened at V-Tech. All white people are evil because of what happened at Columbine. All Americans are evil because of the sniper attacks 5 or 6 years ago on the East coast.

Also, you can not say you follow Christianity or Catholicism and hate an entire religion. Go read the bible, specifically the New Testament. Jesus would be very upset that you are singling out Islam as evil. Love thy neighbor? That doesn't sound familiar at all.
Lol, there are Asians that do also believe are evil. Not all of them, but many. I say this because they have gotten to be known for eating dogs. Who the fuck eats dogs, man? Who also, shoots a stray dog in the street and then throw it scornfully at the dumpster?
And I worry not what Jesus thinks of me because I am Jewish, and I don't plan on reading any of the testaments because I am not too much of a religious person.
 
DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой



Hidden Content:
 

DaveTheRave is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#20
Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,539
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much
Default

Woah there Dave, gotta admit you sound a bit like an extremist there... I sense some racial intolerance in your words...
 
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts
 

H0teLVi0LeT is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#21
United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,445
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheRave
Any other religion which depicts murder as an act for pleasing G-d is not evil. islam is evil. Judaism and Christianity are not. Catholicism is not.
Kinda like how in the old testament it says the correct punishment for a son who constantly disobeys his parents is being stoned to death. Or what about when God commanded the Israelites to slaughter every man, woman, and child, even the fucking animals after they sacked a city? Is this somehow "less evil" form of murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
No, or at least not to the same extent.
Elaborate please, because both Christianity and Judaism call for some pretty despicable acts by modern standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan
Off topic but the difference between Christianity and Islam, educate yourself. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and did not sin though they do not believe he was the Son of God or that he was crucified for our sins. Muslims do not believe that Jesus rose from the grave. Muslims believe that the Old and New Testament were from God but the Qur'an replaced the Holy Bible. If Muslims recognize The Old and New Testament as being from God then why does what the Qur'an states totally contradict what the Holy Bible says and what Christians believe? I don't know how in depth any of you have studied Islam but here is some information.

http://www.gospelway.com/religiousgroups/islam.php
Yes, way off topic and irrelevent to what we're talking about. Please referain from posting in this thread in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
Who the fuck is "they"? Islam is an it, not a "they". It's an ideology and yes I consider it to be evil. Does that mean I think all Muslims are evil? No, but their religion is, and it incites violence from it's very core.
Why do you apply double standards to Islam though? That is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv

I know this, but why are you telling me this? Are you under some retarde assumption that I hate an ideology because some of its members are radical fundamentalists? That's were you're wrong. The ideology itsself is fucked up beyond recognition and incites violence through numerous verses found in the Quran, not to mention it divides (which no other religion does) the world into 2 camps, The House of War (Dar al-harb) and The House of Islam (Dar al-Islam). Then it goes on to seperate the world's population between Muslims and the Kuffar. In addition it instructs hatred and intolerance of he kuffar to the Muslim populace. The fact that many Muslims choose not to adhere to core tenets of their religion does not change the fact that the ideology itsself is fucked up.
More double standards. Judaism makes similar distinctions between Jews and gentiles, circumcised and uncircumcised, etc. Christianity also divides the world into believers in Christ and non-believers. You are simply ignoring this glaring contradiction because it does not fit into your narrow worldview, nor does it give credit to your silly prejudices.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
You're a fucking retard Mike (not to mention I can beat the shit out of you), and you need to learn to fucking read and differentiate between "Islam" and "Muslims".
Sit down kid, your a fucking midget high school student who doesn't know shit about the world around him. Mike is a grown man, not some of your little high school friends, you don't stand a chance sir.

You will learn respect one day, maybe not any time soon but trust me one day you are gonna get your ass whooped so fucking badly that it will make you rethink your entire philosophy on life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
False. And what are you saying now? We will have to go through another dark age, inquisitions, 500 years more of worldwide human rights abuses, a worldwide islamic states and mandated Shariah Law all couples with guns, and potential WMDs? Yeah... fuck off, I'd kill a billion people off before stoning of women becomes institutionalized in the West.
You wouldn't kill anybody because you don't have what it takes. Your just an internet tough guy, if the shit hit the fan you'd go sit in a corner and start crying. Grow up.
 
The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."
 

The Hawaiian is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#22
United States rendamr
BF Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 153
 rendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightened
Default

For the record, if you think black hate started after the civil war, you would be grossly wrong.
 

Israel is in the right.
 

rendamr is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#23
United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 937
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I know this, but why are you telling me this? Are you under some retarde assumption that I hate an ideology because some of its members are radical fundamentalists? That's were you're wrong. The ideology itsself is fucked up beyond recognition and incites violence through numerous verses found in the Quran, not to mention it divides (which no other religion does) the world into 2 camps, The House of War (Dar al-harb) and The House of Islam (Dar al-Islam). Then it goes on to seperate the world's population between Muslims and the Kuffar. In addition it instructs hatred and intolerance of he kuffar to the Muslim populace. The fact that many Muslims choose not to adhere to core tenets of their religion does not change the fact that the ideology itsself is fucked up.
Sophomoric. Look it up.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Rather, you've completely ignored the point and spewed more nonsense. When plagiarizing the knowledge and research of others, try to keep it coherent enough so the folks you are imitating don't have to cringe, hm?

Islam needs to go through a revolution. They are waiting for the equivalent of a Renaissance of thought to challenge ideas like the literal interpretation of holy texts. Before Christianity went through this change, they committed atrocities and had the same plague of xenophobia as Islam. The difference is they didn't have a modern world as a backdrop.

Incidentally, you can cut the backpedaling. None of us with an ounce of sense buy your after-the-fact distinction between Islam and Muslims, racist.

Quote:
You're a fucking retard Mike (not to mention I can beat the shit out of you), and you need to learn to fucking read and differentiate between "Islam" and "Muslims".
See above, and maybe it's best you just keep to chit chat. I'd advise a re-read of the BF FAQ.

Quote:
False. And what are you saying now? We will have to go through another dark age, inquisitions, 500 years more of worldwide human rights abuses, a worldwide islamic states and mandated Shariah Law all couples with guns, and potential WMDs? Yeah... fuck off, I'd kill a billion people off before stoning of women becomes institutionalized in the West.
I like what you did there. Oh how I miss WinAce and his handy dandy book of useful images.

Rather, you've missed the point again because of your blind and stupid hatred. Islam needs to evolve, and it can't do it like Christianity did. The world is too small, too connected, for a slow and prolonged evolution. I highly suggest taking a deep breath before you respond.
 
Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.
 

Mike is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#24
United States Grog
-gy*
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,173
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much
Default

I think it's pretty simple.

People want to feel superior to others.

And when some people can't find reasonable ways to feel as such, they rely on petty differences and ignorance to establish superiority.
 
Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five
 

Grog is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#25
United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 937
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...
Default

All dues apologies to JT for the partial thread hijack.

Back on topic, in line with my early posting, I think that there are more tangible reasons that precede the psychological impetus.
 
Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.
 

Mike is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#26
Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,085
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default

Hawaiian, you are full of shit. And yes HV I will admit that I am an extremist but not towards Christians, or Catholics, or Buddhists or anything, only muslims. I hate them with a passion. Like how a dog hates a cat.
 
DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой



Hidden Content:
 

DaveTheRave is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#27
United States Megan
BF Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 241
 Megan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supreme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Is Christianity or Judaism an "evil religion?" Why or why not?
"Yes, way off topic and irrelevent to what we're talking about. Please referain from posting in this thread in the future"
Actually if I remember correctly you brought religion into the thread I merely stated the difference between two religions, Islam which you constantly refer to in almost every thread and another religion you mentioned in this thread Christianity. Islam and Christianity along with Judaism are not races they are religious beliefs. The topic was derailed when you mentioned Muslims in your first post and then starting asking what evil religions were. I was off topic in regards to the thread title though I was responding to the derailing of the thread due to you. It's called a discussion maybe you should look up the definition.
 

Last edited by Megan; 01-20-2009 at 12:55 AM.
 

Megan is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#28
Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,085
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default

LMAO

Yea I love how you noticed also, that he mentions islam in like every thread I read. Fuckin Hilarious.
 
DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой



Hidden Content:
 

DaveTheRave is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#29
United States JT
ur head asplodes
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,012
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
All dues apologies to JT for the partial thread hijack.
What would BF be without thread hjiacks? I just wished it hadn't been about something so commonly discussed on here and so utterly retardedly written.

Quote:
Back on topic, in line with my early posting, I think that there are more tangible reasons that precede the psychological impetus.
Yes, quite obviously, racism is a complex subject, which unfortunately is complicated by the fact that we all have biases. Though I'm curious, has there been any significant psychological experiments about racism?
 
JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein
 

JT is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  
Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009
 
#30
United States remixedlife91
I want flashing lights
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 272
 remixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than you
Default

First and foremost. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and other religions= NOT A RACE. That would be a theist, technically.

Secondly. Racism, in general terms, is an extreme stereotype of a people of a certain skin color. Black people like watermelons. White people all own Confederate flags. Asians are good at StarCraft. I may be the worst person at being a racist because those were all horrible examples.

Basically, my point is racism is a public conception created by an event or some historical purpose.
 
remixedlife91 has 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
If I told a bitch I loved her and she said "you're welcome" I'd smack her and tell her to get the fuck out.


Sometimes.... I want to be a pornstar!!
 

remixedlife91 is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to remixedlife91  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.
Designed by XG3