Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Is racism allowed on blizzforums?

For example if someone advocate the extermination of the Jews is this protected as free speech or no? Because I remember somebody being banned before for racism so I would just like a clarification of the rules. Is there a warning period, does it have to be repeated, etc.?

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-13-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Can you clarify what you mean by racism? Are you talking about hate speech?

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-13-2009

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Yeah like the example I just gave. I think it was Sambo or somebody who was banned and another guy also got banned for spreading hatred. Sambo in particular was banned simply for "we do not tolerate racism here" was the stated reason. I think it was Sambo, may have been another. Is there a zero tolerance policy or do you get a warning or is hate speech protected as free speech?

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Yeah like the example I just gave. I think it was Sambo or somebody who was banned and another guy also got banned for spreading hatred. Sambo in particular was banned simply for "we do not tolerate racism here" was the stated reason. I think it was Sambo, may have been another. Is there a zero tolerance policy or do you get a warning or is hate speech protected as free speech?
Judaism, or any other religion is not a race, so "racism" isn't the correct term to use here (you use that term more than any other member on this forum, and I suggest you cut it out because everytime you do people look at your posts with a "wtf" expression on their face).

Sambo on the other hand was a bigot who was prejudiced against all people of darker tones of skin. He often referred to them with racial slurs such as "coons" or "swarthy men" or other smears of that nature. That type of stuff is not tolerated by us here at blizzforums and you will be promptly banned after we give you a few warnings.

Now of course we know the real reason you've started this thread and it's because you have issues with some of the things we say about the religion of Islam here. I'll remind you again that religion is a choice and a lifestyle. So basically, never judge a book by it's cover (racial/ethnic characteristics) but you can feel free to judge it by it's content any day of the week (criticising a certain religion or lack thereof, criticizing how someone conducts themselves, criticizing the choices and decisions people made in their life or in just about anything, etc.).

Of course the downside of this in my opinion is that someone like KW can be an anti-semite but I don't think that's a bannable offense. Neither is hatred for Islam, Christianity or any other religion (or lack thereof).

Enough of the "Hate speech" nonsense. It leads to needless censorship like the way "Fitna" was banned from all major broadcasts across Europe and by numerous video sharing sites on the internet.

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 01-14-2009 at 01:29 AM.
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Ok so would it be ok to say we should murder all the Jews since Judaism is a religion and not an ethnicity? Try not to backpedal!

For consistancy!

Last edited by The Hawaiian; 01-14-2009 at 02:42 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Assuming you have rational argument to back that up, sure why not, you'll come across as an asshole though. But as far as I see it, it's pretty much what Knightwolf's been spouting off in the Operation Forged Lead thread, although its more veiled. He doesn't appear to be banned at the moment. If it turns out not to be ok, then obviously Dave will need to stop spouting off that nonsense, since I don't agree with him that Muslims are the problem. The religion that's poisoned them is. I don't think we "should commit mass genocide" against hundreds of millions of people, I just think that is what is going to happen since few people take a stand against the barbaric religion that has enslaved over 1.3 billion people worldwide in its twisted and backwards outlook on life.

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I have a permanent infraction point for a "racial epitaph" that was aimed at a religion (can't remember which though). So technically, all racist and religist slurs are infractionable offenses.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 01-14-2009

I think Jewish Supremacism is passively "ok" but not white supremacism. Thats the impression I'm getting. I think the senior staff is overcompensating that white mans burden again. For example we have a person here who said we should kill all Muslims, but if someone were to say the same about Jews he would be banned outright. Pathetic excuse for objectivity if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
Assuming you have rational argument to back that up, sure why not, you'll come across as an asshole though.
Is there anything rational about genocide? And so you agree that DaveTheRave is an asshole right?

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Immune to Bans

Quote:
I think Jewish Supremacism is passively "ok" but not white supremacism. Thats the impression I'm getting. I think the senior staff is overcompensating that white mans burden again. For example we have a person here who said we should kill all Muslims, but if someone were to say the same about Jews he would be banned outright. Pathetic excuse for objectivity if you ask me.

I do not think this is necessarily true. I remember a guy who used to post around here (and got smacked around by Chaos a lot) who was an open semite and said some of the most hateful things about the Jews and even denied the holocaust. I think his name was "Leuthesius" and then he changed it to some other name which I can't recall off the top of my head right now. I don't remember him getting banned once, and after getting owned multitudes of times in various discussions, he effectively left this website (and I spotted him posting in another popular set of forums devoted to blizzard games about the Jews and Israel. I can't recall the exact forums, but they have roughly the same amount of popularity as BF and WB, maybe slightly more.).

Quote:
Is there anything rational about genocide? And so you agree that DaveTheRave is an asshole right?
Obviously it'll be the only rational choice within the coming decades, I certainly wouldn't advocate it at this time though. And if you've read some of the Russian posts between me and Dave, you'd see that at a certain juncture I disagreed with him (where he suggested that we ought to nuke the middle east, and "sooner" rather than later, and where I had to correct him because he said "Muslims are evil" rather than Islam.

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

I understand Russian too, and I know exactly what he said. He said we should kill all Muslims, then confirmed it in English in other posts. Leus never advocated the holocaust or murdering all Jews, if he did he would have been banned before his second post.

But take note here how no mod or senior staff is even interested in what we're talking about, much less answering the question or taking action.

And so you think in the future genocide will be the "only rational choice?" Zieg Heil!

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

So I'm wondering now, what was your previous username HV?

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Immune to Bans

Quote:
And so you think in the future genocide will be the "only rational choice?" Zieg Heil!
Given: -No effort is being made whatsoever to stem the influx of immigrants into western countries from the Muslim world.

-No effort is being made to pass legislation preventing Shariah Law from being legislated in the not so distant future into western countries.

-Very little effort is being made to get the United States and other western countries to stop being dependant on Middle Eastern oil.

-Not enough effort is being made to overthrow Islamic governments or radical religious groups in the Middle East.

-Not enough has been done in the Middle East or the Muslim world in general to prevent it high growth rates in population (which will be devastating once the energy crisis is in fullswing, which it will be in a matter of a few years).

Given the above, please explain to me how you would go about preventing the passage of Shariah into western countries, a radical swing in the conservative direction in terms of social issues, the increasing mistreatment of women as 2nd class citizens becoming commonplace and legal, highly unreasonable clothing standards, censorship of science and sticking religion undertones into our science classes (the apparent "miracles" in the Quran "proving" it was from a higher being), the persecution of homosexuals, adultery becoming a crime (and now all the people that someone like yourself once had sex with can be "stoned" to death), and barbaric laws when dealing with criminals. KW himself doesn't have a problem with this. It appears neither do you. But I am telling you, I will NOT live in a society like that, and I am willing to kill off over 1 billion people to prevent another 500 year long dark age from infecting the world again in the same way Christianity did during medieval times. Hell... even making adultery a "crime" is enough of a provocation for me to resort to major acts of violence.

The moment countries in Europe start becoming Islamic states, you will understand once and for all what I was saying all along.

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Quote:
For example if someone advocate the extermination of the Jews is this protected as free speech or no? Because I remember somebody being banned before for racism so I would just like a clarification of the rules. Is there a warning period, does it have to be repeated, etc.?
Quite honestly it depends on how you go about doing it. There's hate mongering and then there's having an intelligent discussion. Basically things like this are handled at the discretion of the senior staff. Generally a personalized warning is issued before we load up the ban cannon. I hope that clears some of your confusion up.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 01-14-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Bullshit. A few years back someone started spouting shit about how Jews committed 9/11 and were the scourge of the Earth. I told him off and I was the one who received an infraction.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofAscension View Post
Quite honestly it depends on how you go about doing it. There's hate mongering and then there's having an intelligent discussion. Basically things like this are handled at the discretion of the senior staff. Generally a personalized warning is issued before we load up the ban cannon. I hope that clears some of your confusion up.

~LoA
At what point does it become "intelligent discussion" to say we should exterminate the Jews? I don't see anything intelligent about that, nor can any meaningful discussion come from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass_Kicker
Bullshit. A few years back someone started spouting shit about how Jews committed 9/11 and were the scourge of the Earth. I told him off and I was the one who received an infraction.
He never said we should kill all the Jews.

pm.gif   
Closed Thread