Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 01-17-2009

United States DarkHorizon
Enlisted
 DarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant future

ohio's with canada, i'm cool with that.

DarkHorizon has 693 Posts

i like music
okinawa sucks
all hail chemical dependency

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DarkHorizon  

Old 01-17-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattll
Taiwan was never part of the PRC, South Ossetia was (however briefly) a part of Georgia. Of course, history is a poor reason for aggression, but many still use it.
Enough with the wordgames, Taiwan has always been historically a part of China, one unified China. You continue to make ad hoc explanations to justify stupidity. Well not you per se, but people like WindowlessHouse and Hotel_Vi0let are.

Quote:
The situation with Taiwan as I understand it is; Taiwan is recognised as unofficially independent by many, but the PRC has threatened to invade if they actually declare it, and though the USA would be against it, they might not want to risk such a confrontation, and thus Taiwan has decided that walking-the-walk is good enough to be going on with.
Taiwan is not officially recognized as a country by either the UN or the United States. South Ossetia enjoys the exact same relationship. Therefore, since Taiwan is not "technically" a country it should be treated the same as South Ossetia.

But instead people have managed to circumvent this glaring contradiction and invent ad hoc explanations for why their massively idiotic position is "logical consistant' (it's not). "South Ossetia is just a part of Georgia." Well if you want to pull that dumbass card then technically Taiwan is still a part of China.

Regardless, they are simply making an excuse for stupidity. South Ossetia does not want to be a part of Georgia and have fought for and won their independence. We should recognize that independence and move on.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-17-2009

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville Chamberlain
Taiwan is not officially recognized as a country by either the UN or the United States. South Ossetia enjoys the exact same relationship. Therefore, since Taiwan is not "technically" a country it should be treated the same as South Ossetia.

But instead people have managed to circumvent this glaring contradiction and invent ad hoc explanations for why their massively idiotic position is "logical consistant' (it's not). "South Ossetia is just a part of Georgia." Well if you want to pull that dumbass card then technically Taiwan is still a part of China.

Regardless, they are simply making an excuse for stupidity. South Ossetia does not want to be a part of Georgia and have fought for and won their independence. We should recognize that independence and move on.
It's not a cotradiction if the core of the logic is an opposition to both Russia and China. You're trying to trip people up on an irrelevant straw man.

And what's the point of your particular "logical consistency" if it leads you to the wrong conclusion time and time again?

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse  

Old 01-18-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Enough with the wordgames, Taiwan has always been historically a part of China, one unified China. You continue to make ad hoc explanations to justify stupidity. Well not you per se, but people like WindowlessHouse and Hotel_Vi0let are.
Please differentiate between PRC and 'China', the PRC has never controlled Taiwan, even though Taiwan is traditionally a part of 'China'.

Quote:
Okay, I can agree to that, provided Russia also gives up claims to Chechnya, and the PRC claims to Tibet.

pm.gif   

Old 01-18-2009

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowlessHouse View Post
It's not a cotradiction if the core of the logic is an opposition to both Russia and China. You're trying to trip people up on an irrelevant straw man.
That reflects an obvious anti-Russian/Chinese bias, which would lead us to believe that you are not a free-thinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowlessHouse
And what's the point of your particular "logical consistency" if it leads you to the wrong conclusion time and time again?
It never has.

Quote:
Please differentiate between PRC and 'China', the PRC has never controlled Taiwan, even though Taiwan is traditionally a part of 'China'.
South Ossetia has never been controlled by Georgia either, they have been an autonomous region since the Soviet days.

Quote:
Okay, I can agree to that, provided Russia also gives up claims to Chechnya, and the PRC claims to Tibet.
Fine with me!

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-18-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
South Ossetia has never been controlled by Georgia either, they have been an autonomous region since the Soviet days.
Georgian independence from Russia was declared on April 9 1991, but it took till December 25 to work out all the details, while SO declared independence on November 27 of the same year, so again it's a matter of opinion, there's about 7 1/2 months between the declarations, but SO independence did indeed come before Georgia was standing fully on its own two feet.

pm.gif   

Old 01-18-2009

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

Mexico?!

That country that is on the edge of collapse?

Yeah right.

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 01-18-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Mexico?!

That country that is on the edge of collapse?

Yeah right.
Yeah, the concept of Mexico owning any part of the US at this point in history is laughable. FFS, we're the country that all of their people emigrate to.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 01-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattII View Post
Georgian independence from Russia was declared on April 9 1991, but it took till December 25 to work out all the details, while SO declared independence on November 27 of the same year, so again it's a matter of opinion, there's about 7 1/2 months between the declarations, but SO independence did indeed come before Georgia was standing fully on its own two feet.
Then I think it's time you start to use your reason and get rid of your bias. South Ossetia is no more a part of Georgia than Taiwan is a part of China. They neither desire to be with Georgia nor should they be. Another thing you should acknowledge is that we have nothing to gain from an alliance with Georgia or a confrontation with Russia. Not a damn thing.

pm.gif