Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 01-06-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Hawaiian, can you please take your jaded views and disagreeable tone somewhere else and let the rest of us discuss the topic in hand?

pm.gif   

Old 01-06-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
DE needs to cut the bullshit again Taiwan is not internationally recognized as an independent country, South Ossetia is internationally recognized as Georgian territory. Under international law the Russian soldiers there are an illegal occupying army.
Well being that according to international law Taiwan is not a country I don't give much credit to that presumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Of course DE is from the Pat Buchanan school of thought, where Eastern Europe and the Caucasus are Russia's to do with as she pleases, regardless of what the people, you know, actually living there want.
The people of South Ossetia don't want to be invaded by Georgia, thats for damn sure!

But oh, right, I guess their concerns aren't legitimate, right? It's ok for Georgia to invade South Ossettia but it's not ok for Russia to retaliate? In that case you should not object to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan and specifically any kind of US retaliation.

Quote:
It's a double standard, all right. When the United States enters into settlements with other nations freely agreed upon by both sides, it's time to blow your stack at how wrong it is. When a nation like Russia brutalizes places like Chechnya and Georgia, it's okay because that's "Russia's backyard."
Georgia started the war, kinda like how Israel is "brutalizing" the Palestinian territories. Are you saying Russia does not have a right to defend Russian citizens from genocide?

My problem is that I don't think it's worth risking nuclear war with Russia over a country like Georgia. But as of yet nobody here has once mentioned what could be gained from a nuclear war with Russia, not one positive aspect.

Quote:
DE is an apologist for any anti-American government, group, or cause. That almost all of them engage in the things he condemns America for allegedly engaging in (which, almost all the time, are lies or stupidity in "argument" form) is irrelevant. DE does not adhere to any principle save anti-Americanism. If Russia invaded the Ukraine or China invaded Taiwan tomorrow DE would find several highly stupid reasons why they were right, but America saved a country (Saudi Arabia) from being invaded by a lunatic asshole (Saddam Hussein) twenty years ago and this made another lunatic asshole (Osama bin Laden) angry because he's a racist lunatic asshole and to DE it's America's fault when the racist lunatic asshole starts massacring thousands of innocent people in dozens of countries around the globe.
ROTFL, yeah we "saved" our "great ally" Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is the number one sponsor of terrorism in the world, FYI. What were the nationalities of the 9/11 hijackers again? Oh right, that bastion of freedom and democracy known as Saudi Arabia. Poor Saudis, all they want to do is spread their Wahhabist version of extremist, fundamentalist Islam around the world.

Saudi Arabia is a greater threat to freedom than Saddam could ever hope to be. At least Saddam forged a secular regime within a sea of Islamic fundamentalism.

Anyways, you are the one who has to defend a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, not me. You are the one saying that because the international community does not recognize Taiwan as an independent nation that means it's just Chinese territory and therefore China has every right to invade it's own territory right? I mean forget the fact that the Taiwanese people have had de facto independence for 50 years now, and don't consider themselves to be part of mainland China, right? Thats irrelevent, whats important is the word games they play in international diplomacy, right?

Or are you holding a double standard for Taiwan that you don't allow for South Ossettia for some reason? Which is it?

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States kittysniper
aww who gives a turkey!!!
 kittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pantskittysniper has farty pants

I think america will have a downfall but not so soon and not as mean i dont care what he says no american wants to be mexican, russian, chinese/asian, we dont want to be european, and we sure as hell dont want to be CANADIAN which is why we stand together now that i think of it wtf is this guy thinking and how high did he have to be to come out and say something stupid like this!!!

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States Adovid
 Adovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwns

United States split up?

The central government has more power than it has ever had before and the identity of the states as separate in any way is all but non existent.

The only way there would be division is if there were a series of invasions.

Last edited by Adovid; 01-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."--
Charles McCabe

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
How does WW3 work in our favor?
I'm willing to risk WW3 rather than see Georgia get bullied by the Russians or us backing down on the international scene.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

WW3 will be fought with nukes. WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 01-08-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Bullshit. If the United States were to break up, I could only see a small part go under the influence of other nations. California has 40 million people (15% of the United States) making it the most populace state along with being the third largest. It is the same size and population as most European countries. It could easily be autonomous. Besides, many states around it would probably join California to form a new country. I don't see states like Nevada faring well on their own.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
Bullshit. If the United States were to break up, I could only see a small part go under the influence of other nations. California has 40 million people (15% of the United States) making it the most populace state along with being the third largest. It is the same size and population as most European countries. It could easily be autonomous. Besides, many states around it would probably join California to form a new country. I don't see states like Nevada faring well on their own.
You're missing the point. The USA would fall because its in debt. To be saved from this debt, the country would be split and assimilated into the other countries around it who could cope with this debt, and provide aid to the inhabitants of each section. The USA can't fall and then rebuild its economic status from nothing. There is no "Brand USA." Any companies in each section would be purely autonomous, as they are now. While a large enough company, like Wal-Mart, could potentially create a "business-owned small country", all aid to the civilians would be in the areas government currently provides: welfare, health care, protection, etc. Help like that would come from each respective adoptive country as it is assimilated through economic means.

Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 01-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.
DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 01-09-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

The US will not fall without the rest of the world going under also. At least not within the next 50 decades.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

No one understands America we are not Europe. Canadians don't want to admit it but they're the same as us when it comes to insane ambition they're just really cold up there so it doesn't show as much.

Anyone who has studied the Civil War knows how hard Americans will go and the people today really aren't that much different save that most of them don't have to actually directly participate in their nation's ventures they just have to fuel a good economy. Americans are good at doing that. This isn't bragging this is how Americans have been since the seventeenth century. The North American place in the sun is still rising. Of course it could go either way, but Americans have been there before and much worse than now and blew past those times. As long as Americans don't give up on America there isn't going to be any decline, at least in the nation's potential strength. Bad government may weaken government power abroad while superficially increasing it at home (superficially because of the increasing estrangement of the people from government) but with good leadership that listens to the people the opportunities for the United States are endless. The American instinct has rarely proved wrong in the long run for three centuries and more.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

United States Philosoraptor
Logos. Alatheia. Theos.
 Philosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than you

I laffed.

If the U.S. did break up, I bet water wars would erupt in the Southwest.

Seriously, California going to China? China can't even cross the flippin' ocean, let alone exert military control over the Pacific Coast. This 'professor' pulled this statement right out of his drunk Ruskie ass.

Philosoraptor has 2,954 Posts

Faces along the bar
Cling to their average day
The lights must never go out
The music must always play
Lest we should see where we are
Lost in a haunted wood
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Philosoraptor  

Old 01-12-2009

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I'm willing to risk WW3 rather than see Georgia get bullied by the Russians or us backing down on the international scene.
Thats because you are a madman.

You said you wanted to work for the NSA? You are a threat to national security!

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-13-2009

Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

This is a quotation from Karl Marx:

"Owners of capital will stimulate working class to buy more and moreof expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take moreand more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable.
The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks which will have to be nationalized and State will have to take the road which willeventually lead to communism."

BTW, Hawaiian. If HV gets even a little tiny bit of political power in this country, I believe that he would get rid of people like you to make life easier.

DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой

Hidden Content:

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  

Old 01-13-2009

Both you and HV are madmen. HV advocates nuclear war and you advocate genocide and the extermination of hundreds of millions of people.

You are a disgrace to Jews everywhere. No longer can you pull the holocaust card because thats exactly what you advocate.

pm.gif   

Old 01-13-2009

Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Well it seems like me and HV know a lot about this shit. You on the other hand do not, and when things do start to unravel you will crawl into a ditch and hope to survive in the most puny pathetic way.

DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой

Hidden Content:

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave