Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 12-25-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Sure he dead. The domestic spying program, patriot act, extraordinary rendition, etc.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 12-25-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Firstly, I'd like to say that all the good and bad things that have happened to the United States for the last eight years aren't all the sole work of Bush. He couldn't have done any of it without the support of our wonderful backstabbing congress. That being said, Bush and his administration are certainly responsible for a fair share of the country's problems.

This article fails to address many more of the issues people take with Bush's presidency. It mentions nothing about the administration's disregard for the constitution, Bush and Cheney's personal interest in the unauthorized (by congress) war in Iraq, and massive deficit increase.

As for myth #1, it does nothing to disprove the notion that deregulation has harmed the economy. I still hold that opinion and this article states a bunch of statistics without explaining them. Also, statistics can be presented in a limited and biased way and without analysis they are an especially useless form of argumentation.

Also, Myth #5 implies that Bush has contributed greatly to recent environmental advancements in the United States.

Quote:
Given the liberal media's failure to acknowledge this Administration's true record on alternative energy, conservation, and climate change, it's not surprising this charge has stuck. But here are some irrefutable data points: From 2001 to 2007, air pollution decreased by 12 percent, and fine particulate matter pollution is down 17 percent since 2001. Ethanol production quadrupled from 1.6 billion gallons in 2000 to 6.5 billion gallons in 2007, wind energy production has increased by more than 400 percent, and solar energy capacity has doubled. In 2007, solar installations increased more than 32 percent and the U.S. produced 96 percent more biodiesel (490 million gallons) than in 2006. The Administration also provided nearly $18 billion to research, develop, and promote alternative and more efficient energy technologies such as biofuels, solar, wind, clean coal, nuclear, and hydrogen.
Again they are citing statistics without analysis. Where is the proof that any of this can be attributed to the Bush administration? They provided $18 billion for energy research across the entire scope of its broad field. Whoopty fuckin' doo! Advancement in energy efficiency has been made by the country without significant help from the president. Companies have developed more efficient products to adjust to demand from consumers for machines we can actually afford to use, and individual states deserve a lot of credit for setting and achieving environmental goals.

Overall I find this article lacking an address of all of Bush's accused fallacies, or by leaving them out are they admitting that he has in fact done terrible things to the country? Not only that, but the way the information is presented is heavily biased. Citing non referenced statistics with no context is bad journalism.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 12-25-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Heres an interesting one:

"The President successfully pushed for expanding NATO membership"

Thats great. Glad to hear it. What he's saying that if the president were successful and Georgia was NATO member state we would be at (nuclear?) war with Russia right now, and this is a good thing.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif