Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 11-06-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!
Default D2error message

Lately I've been playing some D2, but I am facing some weird crashes.

Some random info:
Vista Home whatever,
D2 LoD on the newest patch, playing with the Blizzard no-CD mechanism.

Error message:

Quote:
Diablo II Error

Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 0743b693
If you know what is causing this error, you can skip the rest of the post Could it be some corrupted file?

For the curious ones, here is a description of when the crashes happen:

I am playing in Singleplayer, and the crashes usually happen several times at similar places. I had several crashes in the tombs where you get the cube on Nightmare (floor 1, trying to get the WP). The crashes always happend in the same room; the one with the weapon/armor holder things and a mummy-spawning sarcophagus in the left if you remember that one. There always were quite a few monsters. I was unable to really get out the exact timing of the crash. Possibly after a kill, but I am not sure.
In hell, same tombs, different room, but also with a sarcophagus: After a fierce battle with several champions I was trying to clean up the ~1000 mummies that had spawned during the battle (yes those champions WERE hard with the crappy equip I had back then. Today I beat Meph (hell) in a few seconds, though), somewhere in that process it crashed.
Currently it is crashing shortly after I enter the second area of act4, hell, after I kill a few monsters.

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 11-06-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I would suggest just reinstalling it if you can -- d2 likes to error like this for no reason that inexplicably fixes itself after a reinstall -- i used to get a TON of ~0005 errors until I reinstalled.

Just make sure to install the "full" game before the expansion -- I don't think there's really anything else you could do to fix the error since it seems like it might be a corrupt MPQ or something.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 11-07-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

ok, I will try that. At least I can hope now that the error vanishes that way

EDIT:

Well, that didn't fix it, after all... I managed to get past Izual and on to the third area of act4, but there it ended up crashing again. Slightly different error code, but basically the same thing I guess. Do you think this could yet again be caused by Daemon tools which I have installed here (and which caused SC to crash on my Desktop)?

Also, after the reinstall, D2 has been lagging quite a bit (Singleplayer!). It seems as if it would have to wait for an animation/image/etc. to load (you can hear the harddrive do... well hard to describe... guess the sound is simply from jumping to the location where the file is). I didn't defrag after the uninstall, so that might be the cause, but hey, the laptop is barely 2 months old and I haven't been making a lot of file movements on it yet...

Last edited by spinesheath; 11-07-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Old 11-07-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Have you updated your video drivers recently? I would suggest making sure directx is up to date, and your video drivers are also up to date..

This is a really strange issue, have you looked for it through Blizzard's Support Site?

:\

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 11-07-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician

All the info I can gather from there is the "clean install" thing, which includes uninstalling any emulation software. If it's really because of Daemon Tools, I wonder why the crash-frequency seens to increase lately.

Well, my drivers should at most be 2 months old or so, since the laptop is fairly new, and I hope that Dell uses up-to-date drivers.

Guess I will try the clean install thing... not that I would need Daemon very often, anyways. Will take quite a while tough until I feel bored enough to start with that since it is quite a lot of work (had that with SC back then)...