Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-18-2008

United States das1988
BF Member
 das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!
Default Bard - Bash Evil in the Face with a Guitar

This thread is for a Bard character class. I think this class could have quite a bit of potential depending on how it was portrayed, and the type of mechanics it had.

Some Ideas:

Obviously one of the Bard skill trees would be "Music". Music would consist of very powerful status affliction, damage over time, and buff spells that are balanced by a relatively long cast time (Playing an instrument).
Example: Lullaby - Mass Sleep
The Bard has the option to keep music spells going indefinitely by continually recasting at the right time interval. This allows for another skill:
Instrument Mastery - Allows bard to move at 60% movement speed while playing music. Increases music spell power after the first 5 seconds of playing to a maximum of 115%

Effectively the "Music" skill tree would be the spiritual predecessor to the Paladin's Auras. Except that this new spell type would be significantly more powerful.

Thoughts/Ideas?

das1988 has 309 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I imagine some ACDC-esque guy just skipping along swinging his guitar into the faces of anything and everything that gets in the way, all the while singing Danny Boy.

Honestly though I don't see the bard class being one that does any sort of meaningful damage himself. Rather I see him as a support hero who drives enemies against themselves or causes moderate buffs and debuffs for his friends and foes respectively. An interesting idea, but I think the WD is going to be one to overlap some with his mass confusion/terror spell and his aoe spells.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Practical jokes aren't practical.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 10-19-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjo View Post
I imagine some ACDC-esque guy just skipping along swinging his guitar into the faces of anything and everything that gets in the way, all the while singing Danny Boy.
Well, there's a reason why they call it an 'axe'.

But in all seriousness, I can't quite see Blizzard implementing such a class into D3. The concept is just a little too iffy and doesn't exactly lend itself to awesome graphics full of blood and explosions. And to be frank, I don't think the Bard has enough variation in its skill set. I mean, aside from singing songs to cast spells, what else can it do?

pm.gif   

Old 10-20-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

They want all classes to be able to solo just as well as single play, so I can't really see a bard being 'primarily' a buff class- seeing as how no class should have any sort of initial function to it to be considered for any sort of grouping.

At least I believe that's what they're going for.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 11-06-2008

United States Butlerion101
BF Member
 Butlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too long

Well I imagine the big guy from DeathClock running around with a microphone and a electric guitar strapped to his back; does this character clas sound a bit silly to any of you? I just don't like that yet...

Butlerion101 has 323 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-22-2008

Canada CerebusMondago
Sweet, sweet betrayal...
 CerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butlerion101 View Post
Well I imagine the big guy from DeathClock running around with a microphone and a electric guitar strapped to his back; does this character clas sound a bit silly to any of you? I just don't like that yet...

"We will make pants black. We will make the world black. Blacker that the blackest black, times infinity."

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself, Mortal, to serve my Master for eternity."
"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I'll show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning of fear."
"I will rule this sector or see it burned to ashes around me!"

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to CerebusMondago  

Old 11-24-2008

United States Butlerion101
BF Member
 Butlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too long

Oh how you read my mind! You hit it right on the head, oh I love that! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebusMondago View Post

"We will make pants black. We will make the world black. Blacker that the blackest black, times infinity."

Butlerion101 has 323 Posts

pm.gif