Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-17-2008

United States das1988
BF Member
 das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!
Default Witch Doctor - Negative Connotations

When you're in a hole, you reach a point where you just need to stop digging. (delete ftw)

Last edited by das1988; 10-18-2008 at 10:15 AM.
das1988 has 309 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-17-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

I disagree with your descriptions of the classes, particularly of those of the Wizard and the Witch Doctor. Regarding the 'negativity' you've attached to the latter, I don't see them. Rather, I think the personality breakdown for the three classes thus far are:

Barbarian - physical, savage, noble, spiritual, battle-worn

Wizard - arrogant, disrespectful, prodigy, reckless

Witch Doctor - mysterious, eccentric, creepy, exotic

Actually, it is the Wizard that is the most negatively viewed class in-world, as can be seen/heard from its video along with its journal entry.

pm.gif   

Old 10-17-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by das1988 View Post
It seems quite a few people dislike the Witch Doctor for his graphical representation and persona.
Source?

I'm calling bullshit. The only negativity I've seen towards the Witch Doctor on any site I've visited (here, diablofans.net, diii.com, battlenet forums, etc.) is that
a) people are angry they lost the Necro, even though they still like the WD, and
b) that his "Firebats" spell has bad graphics

This is just you complaining. Not the community.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 10-17-2008

United States das1988
BF Member
 das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!

Just concerned.
http://forums.diii.net/showthread.php?t=672245
Not the only one.
"Personally, I am not expecting some cracked out, cranky old man. I am expecting a beast of a man, who would instill fear even into the Barbarian! As a member of the Tribe of the Five Hills, the Witch Doctor is the product of relentless tribal warfare.." (Naja)
Maybe he'll have some good voice acting who knows.

das1988 has 309 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by das1988 View Post
Just concerned.
http://forums.diii.net/showthread.php?t=672245
Not the only one.
"Personally, I am not expecting some cracked out, cranky old man. I am expecting a beast of a man, who would instill fear even into the Barbarian! As a member of the Tribe of the Five Hills, the Witch Doctor is the product of relentless tribal warfare.." (Naja)
Maybe he'll have some good voice acting who knows.
Erm, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the OP in said thread mention that he isn't expecting the Witch Doctor to be some whacky, ganja-addled nutjob? Even the thread's respondents don't hold such a view.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

United States das1988
BF Member

exactly, but he is somewhat concerned or the thread wouldn't exist

das1988 has 309 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

I'm expecting the exact same motif that blizzard gave trolls in warcraft -

Cracked out, herb smokin', head-shrinkin' cannibals.

And I'll be incredibly pleased if this is the case with the D3 witchdoctor.

Comic Relief = awesome.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

Australia Zeitgeber
BF Member
 Zeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightened

Witch Doctor does seem a bit irksome.

I don't feel quite as comfortable playing him as a Paladin, he just doesn't have much of a 'hero' vibe to him.

The art doesn't make him too appealing also for some reason, can't quite pin point why. Maybe it's the frailty of the character or the unfamiliarity with that kind of persona.

Maybe if his mask were smaller, he were more upright and maybe a bit stronger (as in, he's young, he is actually in a position to fight this evil, not some crazy old man).

I like his spells though, plague of frogs looks like fun, he'll probably be the first character I'll try just because he's so weird.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred View Post
I'm expecting the exact same motif that blizzard gave trolls in warcraft -

Cracked out, herb smokin', head-shrinkin' cannibals.
Please, no more.

1:10.

Old 12-19-2008

Poland Smash
BF Member
 Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!Smash is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
Source?

I'm calling bullshit. The only negativity I've seen towards the Witch Doctor on any site I've visited (here, diablofans.net, diii.com, battlenet forums, etc.) is that
a) people are angry they lost the Necro, even though they still like the WD, and
b) that his "Firebats" spell has bad graphics

This is just you complaining. Not the community.
Disagree, search diii.com once again and btw. wd is more like druid than necro from playstyle.

Look at last added screenshots with she-wd you get hullahoop, hawaii, aloha, samba, hurray no more diablo climat feelings from wd.
My vote go for: "Kill this bastard and burn him so he will never rise again".

Last edited by Smash; 12-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Smash has 94 Posts

IF YOU SCRAP ME I WILL BURN YOU!!
Viking is a perfect mix of Goliath and Valkyrie!
The Twilight Archon should be made of only one High and one Dark Templar!!!

pm.gif   

Old 12-19-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE

Way to Necro the thead. Cause we just love it when you do that. Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash View Post
Disagree, search diii.com once again and btw. wd is more like druid than necro from playstyle.
I know it's more like the Druid. But they're still upset they lost the Necro because the WD uses dead things.

Quote:
Look at last added screenshots with she-wd you get hullahoop, hawaii, aloha, samba, hurray no more diablo climat feelings from wd.
You get that because you're uninformed and have no idea what a Witch Doctor really is. All you see are fern skirts. There are no Witch Doctors in any Hawaiian mythos. It comes from Africa and was brought to South America.

Quote:
My vote go for: "Kill this bastard and burn him so he will never rise again".
Why? Because you can't tell the difference between a hula skirt and a loin cloth?