Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-11-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Blizzcon '08: Wizard Class

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/wizard.xml
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/wizard.xml

Personally, it's looking pimp. I like how there's diverse magic in use instead of just elemental. The ability to add runes to spells to create new custom mechanics, like clones when u teleport, is very cool. I am pleased.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 10-11-2008

United States das1988
BF Member
 das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!das1988 is dominating!

Omg.. I'm so excited.. I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas again.. I love Blizzard so much :')
I can't decide what I want more, Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2!
Do you have a pref. DSquid??

das1988 has 309 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-11-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by das1988 View Post
Omg.. I'm so excited.. I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas again.. I love Blizzard so much :')
I can't decide what I want more, Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2!
Do you have a pref. DSquid??
SC2.
D3 close second.

And I'm not a WC fan. At all.

Old 10-11-2008

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

the female wizard looks sexy...im very excited about it since its just a typical class that apparently, has some great looking abilities and is just fun to play with.

awesome.

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 10-11-2008

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

As I've said elsewhere, they encourage a sword wielding mage with the Arcane skill branch. That's reason enough to give thumbs up to the class.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2008

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

The name is somewhat lacking

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 10-12-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Diablo 3 > Starcraft 2, any day of the week.

I think the Wizard looks great so far. I like the back story of it, too.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 10-12-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Nothing new to say about how she plays since the Wizard is your basic caster character with lots of fancy combat spells and a handful of spells to bail herself out.

What I found interesting is her design and backstory. It's nice to see Blizzard throwing in a protagonist that's not exactly 'good' in any stretch of the imagination (aside from not being a demon) and in all likelihood going after Diablo with not the noblest of intentions. Additionally, her appearance conveys her personality very well. From her detailed outfits to her neat hairstyle and the way she smiles, you can tell that she is vain and arrogant. Also interesting to note is that her Asiatic appearance, combined with her origins confirm that Xiansai will most likely be an Asian-based culture.

However, what I'm not completely satisfied with is her class name. In my opinion, the term 'wizard' isn't completely appropriate since the word confers the image of the 'wizened, old wizard' a la Gandalf and Merlin; at least, for me anyway. What I feel would've been a better name for her would be 'warlock' since it means 'oath breaker', which suits her back story. An alternative would be 'conjurer' which doesn't carry the sense of wisdom the term 'wizards' do or the education the term 'sorcerer/sorceress' entails.

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
However, what I'm not completely satisfied with is her class name. In my opinion, the term 'wizard' isn't completely appropriate since the word confers the image of the 'wizened, old wizard' a la Gandalf and Merlin; at least, for me anyway. What I feel would've been a better name for her would be 'warlock' since it means 'oath breaker', which suits her back story. An alternative would be 'conjurer' which doesn't carry the sense of wisdom the term 'wizards' do or the education the term 'sorcerer/sorceress' entails.
They did try to explain that most mages in Santuary are called "Sorcerer/Sorceress" as a term of education and distinction. "Wizard" is meant as an insult, mages who are undisciplined, power hungry, and defy the magic community's rules.

Old 10-12-2008

Antarctica Doombringer64v3.0
Legend
 Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

I find it slightly annoying that she didn't die in the trailer.

Doombringer64v3.0 has 11,412 Posts

Killer Idea
Doombringer64 hates his wife.

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
They did try to explain that most mages in Santuary are called "Sorcerer/Sorceress" as a term of education and distinction. "Wizard" is meant as an insult, mages who are undisciplined, power hungry, and defy the magic community's rules.
I know. I was merely pointing out that Diablo's use of the term 'wizard' as an insult is somewhat different from the norm and common use (i.e. Harry Potter, Discworld, LotR, etc). In fact, etymologically speaking, the term 'wizard' was derived from Anglo-Saxon 'wyzard' which means 'wise one' or 'a wise man', making it that bit more confusing for those aware of the basis of the word.

It's just nitpicking at its worse.

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2008

Sweden Todie
Master of Quotation
 Todie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond repute

looks really fun & cool.. typical of blizzard to make the time stopper so ridiculously similar to sc2's time bomb, both in appearance & (initial) effect.. they are good at recycling shit, ill give em that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
[...] The ability to add runes to spells to create new custom mechanics, like clones when u teleport, is very cool. I am pleased.
this sounds cool, where can i read about it? edit: found a clip with a voice explaining things.. loading now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYP1zGfd0s

i have some "wtf is this all we get?!" feelings going, but ill hold those back for now since i apparently have still missed out on much.

Last edited by Todie; 10-12-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Todie has 911 Posts

Desirable challenges in SC II ? More strategy, less endless juggling of obvious "must-do" actions

MBS unit prod could make MORE sense - - an altered macro mechanic COULD involve actual strategic decision making.
With great sensibility comes great responsibility

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Highlight for me is in the intro trailer when she uses disintegrate on the wall and makes it fall down on the zombos.

Going to have so much fun w/ physics in this game.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2008

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64 View Post
I find it slightly annoying that she didn't get naked and start getting it on in the trailer.
Fixed

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 10-13-2008

Antarctica Doombringer64v3.0
Legend
 Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue.rellik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64 View Post
I find it slightly annoying that she didn't get naked, start getting it on, and then die in the trailer.
Fixed
So close, but I got your back. Oh yeah, Doombringer64 is into that kind of shit.

Also I see there seems to be some controversy over the whole wizard term here. Guys get your priorities straight. The magic missile is a much greater abomination on both this game and language itself.

Doombringer64v3.0 has 11,412 Posts

Killer Idea
Doombringer64 hates his wife.

pm.gif