Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-08-2008

United States Infested Archon
BF Member
 Infested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant future
Default Are there patches with alternate appearances for D2 characters?

Can we download anything that let's us change the look of Diablo 2 characters? ... an Amazon with red hair, a younger-looking necromancer, etc.

Infested Archon has 57 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-08-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I'm not sure, You could check out Phrozen Keep, though their url escapes me at the moment.

I'm not sure if it's possible to mod d2 files to change character sprites, or if anyone's ever done it.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-08-2008

BF Member
 Infested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I'm not sure, You could check out Phrozen Keep, though their url escapes me at the moment.

I'm not sure if it's possible to mod d2 files to change character sprites, or if anyone's ever done it.
That site looks deep. What sort of modifications does it allow for?

pm.gif   

Old 10-08-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

IIRC actually, D2 modification can be extreme. Infact I'd be surprised if you couldn't modify the look of a character now that i think about it -- but my knowledge of D2 wanes when it comes to Mods, I never really picked it up, even after Blizzard made it easier.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-09-2008

BF Member

How would I go about changing the appearance of my D2 characters? Where would I start? Could I even modify their voices?

pm.gif   

Old 11-03-2008

Portugal Basan
Occasional Lurkerô
 Basan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud ofBasan has much to be proud of

Infested', I believe so but from my scarce D2-LoD knowledge that would resort to *.mpq tweaking to replace some sound and eventually graphic files. In either case, just keep a copy of those *.mpq archive files close by before even starting to tweak around with'em. That mainly if you are aiming to play it on line afterwards. Or in case you screw up that modding of yours and want to play the game again without having to reinstall it.

Edit add: At any case, here's a link to one of the best modifications for D2-LoD that I've known so far.

Basan has 307 Posts

Let's see what drops by...
Avy n' siggy are courtesies of the following, respectively: Apocalyptic & DarkSlayer633 (from WB's)

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Basan