Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 02-17-2009

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Mary Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
38% think the stimulus will improve the economy, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has lost 2,000 points since his inauguration, good job Barack!
Not that I think Obama is going to fix anything, but the majority of these handouts and market dives were before Obama ever set a foot in office. much less started anything in motion as President.

Why aren't we complementing the Bush administration on their excellent work as well?

Last edited by Golgo 13; 02-17-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

And risk being mistaken for a rational, objective, non-partisan critic? Hell no! Let's just blame everything on Obama, that way we can still retain the title of "Republican party mouthpiece" and not have to worry about silly consistancy in our criticisms.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
You seem to have sidestepped my point about corporate responsibility entirely with a dandy tidbit about our knowledge gap. Currently tobacco companies are being sued for millions of dollars based on the idea that cigarettes that they were selling turned out to be bad for consumers' health. All cigarettes are bad for health, and everybody knows that. It was the cigarette smokers' claim that they were smoking "Light" cigarettes so as to avoid relatively more of the health problems as the manufacturer claimed. Obviously they knew their habit was unhealthy if they were choosing between a "Regular" and "Light".

Why, then, is the tobacco company responsible for the consumers' health? Why does the responsibility of the consumer go out the window when the consumer is uneducated? Whose responsibility is it to educate the consumer, and why does this person / entity bear the responsibility instead of the consumer that you claim should be responsible for him / her self?
What about the on oing lawsuits against fast food companies? They are being sued for precisely the same reasons that tobacco companies are. You cant sidestep a perfect analogy that points out the glaring contradictions in the law.

Last edited by Reflection; 02-17-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif