Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 01-14-2009

Australia Zeitgeber
BF Member
 Zeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
What was accomplished during the Vietnam war? If a country does not desire to be free how do we go about forcing them to be free? Do you think freedom can be forced onto an unwilling population, and do you have any examples of that? Good thing you brought up the Soviet Union and China, tell me why shouldn't we have invaded either of those two countries? After all, we need to prevent the spread of communism, what better place to start than the source?
Why not go after the commies in their home territory?

Because that would have led to nuclear war, idiot. The West was attempting to stop it's further spread by fighting the Soviet backed communist uprising.

I see you've conveniently omitted the fact that South Vietnamese loathed and despised communism and were willing to die in much greater numbers than the Americans to stop its take over.

News flash: Vietnam was a civil war, the Americans aided one side and the Soviets the other so your claim that Vietnam (as a whole) did not 'want' to be free from communism is both irresponsible and deceitful.

pm.gif   

Old 01-14-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

"The U.S. diplomatically blocks elections because 80% would vote for Communist Ho Chi Minh"

Source: History Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeit
Why not go after the commies in their home territory?

Because that would have led to nuclear war, idiot.
Not directly after WW2.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif