Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-20-2008

United States Infested Archon
BF Member
 Infested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant future
Default Do the necromancers of Diablo 2 parallel the dark templars of Starcraft?

They both fight for good using dark powers. Sort of like Batman. What's your view on this?

With Halloween coming up, I'm finding myself in a necro mood.

Infested Archon has 57 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-22-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I dunno. The necro always struck me as fighting to prove he was the true master of evil or something. He also seemed to have a wicked sense of humor (from the few sound bites haha).

Though I suppose he did sort of fight for good using dark powers. O_o

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-27-2008

United States Infested Archon
BF Member
 Infested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant futureInfested Archon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I dunno. The necro always struck me as fighting to prove he was the true master of evil or something. He also seemed to have a wicked sense of humor (from the few sound bites haha).

Though I suppose he did sort of fight for good using dark powers. O_o
Although he liked the smell of death, but angrily refered to the stench of demons. He also sounded upset after killing Duriel because Diablo escaped, and that terror and destruction were roaming free. Tyrael was friendly with him too.

Infested Archon has 57 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2008

United States Visions of Khas
Savassan's Legacy
 Visions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortals

The Necromancer wasn't out to prove anything, nor was he aligned with darkness or evil. He simply utilized the Prime Energies of Sanctuary to manipulate cadavers and spirits in a bid to rid the world of extra-planar threats -- namely, that of Hell. He and the other Priests of Rathma fought alongside Tyrael only because he represented a tool to better aid them against Diablo's legions.

Visions of Khas has 493 Posts

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow
Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
Or is the shaping a culling and excercise in taming?
The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
But be wary through what thickets it winds.
-Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
As Translated by He Who Brings Order

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Visions of Khas