Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

View Poll Results: Who will win the American election on Nov.4th?
John McCain 10 27.03%
Barack Obama 27 72.97%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2008

United States Luther Stark
a.w.o.l
 Luther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of win
Default Who will win the American election?

Let's see how accurate BlizzForums is at calling the election...

Last edited by Luther Stark; 10-30-2008 at 03:21 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Which election are you talking about, the Presidential election?

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Which election are you talking about, the Presidential election?
Taking a quick glance at the poll should point you somewhat in the correct direction.

I think the winner will be Obama. Mccain simply doesn't have the money and the democrats have the "blame everything on George Bush" line in their favor and many Americans are buying it. It's difficult to run as an incumbent to a party who's leader has been fairly unpopular. The fact that Mccain's numbers are as high as they are (compared to George Bush's approval ratings) is quite a feat in and of itsself.

Personally I don't think either candidate will really be all that much of a "disaster" for America as some members on BF make them out to be. If Obama is similar to Bill Clinton with his policies, then I don't think we'll be off all that bad. If he happens to be a screw up, he'll be kicked out of office in 2012, and the pendulum will once again swing in the Neocons' favor.

Edit: Both got a decent foreign policy, which is really all that matters to me

IMHO, The thing to be more concerned about are the seats in Congress. We could very well have and influx of defeatist liberal shmucks like Al Franken elected, which could be dangerous for this country. And there's a possibility that the Dems being in solid control of both congress and the presidency may result in them being able to pass whatever legislation they want, so perhaps the Clinton comparison may fail in that regard. We'll just have to wait and see.

But these 2 guys are just meh... not too bad.

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 10-30-2008 at 03:34 PM.
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

United States wyseguy
Old Man
 wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!wyseguy is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

I don't know about the nation, but Obama wins Michigan. As Detroit goes, so goes the state and Detroit votes how the unions tell them to vote.

I always laughed when the pundits would say that Michigan was in play this time around. Someday we'll get right to work passed and things might change, but until then nothing changes in our state politics.

wyseguy has 393 Posts

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C.S. Lewis

Remember that when a politician says "it's for the good of..."

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to wyseguy Send a message via Yahoo to wyseguy 

Old 10-30-2008

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Asking a forum full of teenagers and young adults to vote on the Presidential race is HIGHLY unrepresenative of the American populace. Young people favor Obama by an overwhelming majority. Young people are mostly ignorant of issues that pertain to real life.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

---

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 12-25-2008 at 05:19 AM.
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

WHAM! POWNDEDDdD!

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

I think McCain is going to win. All you doubters sicken me.

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse  

Old 10-30-2008

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

Hell ya for change......

He'll probly win and fuck us all but no time like the present to change that.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 10-30-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

obamacain will win

i guarantee it

remember you heard it here first!

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

United States ShadowFox
Semper Fi
 ShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I think the question was "who do you think will win", not who you support and/or are going to vote for. =/
Old people often give information regardless of whether or not someone asked for it. Give him a break...

ShadowFox has 317 Posts

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So shall it be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh." Roboute Guilliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to ShadowFox Send a message via MSN to ShadowFox  

Old 10-30-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
Asking a forum full of teenagers and young adults to vote on the Presidential race is HIGHLY unrepresenative of the American populace. Young people favor Obama by an overwhelming majority. Young people are mostly ignorant of issues that pertain to real life.
and old people are often grouchy and concerned with young people getting off their lawn. they also generally lose touch with reality. fyi: there's been a growing support of obama with the older folks you're talking about.

I'd be surprised if Obama didn't win, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Though I just don't think it would be that likely. It seems after an 8 year Rep or Dem presidency the next in line is the opposite, so Obama is good bet.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-30-2008

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I think the question was "who do you think will win", not who you support and/or are going to vote for. =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
WHAM! POWNDEDDdD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFox View Post
Old people often give information regardless of whether or not someone asked for it. Give him a break...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
and old people are often grouchy and concerned with young people getting off their lawn. they also generally lose touch with reality. fyi: there's been a growing support of obama with the older folks you're talking about.

I'd be surprised if Obama didn't win, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Though I just don't think it would be that likely. It seems after an 8 year Rep or Dem presidency the next in line is the opposite, so Obama is good bet.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/
I didn't read the post, only the title. And this is what I get for it.....old jokes.

Not that I don't love old jokes....but when I'm really old, I'll remember this as a preemptive attack on my impending senility. Or maybe I won't remember it....which will be nice, because I'll have my Jello and all will be right with the world.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

Australia Emerald
Mean and Green
 Emerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too long

I hope Obama wins, I can't stand McCain, Palin and their policies.

pm.gif   

Old 10-30-2008

United States Luther Stark
a.w.o.l
 Luther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of win

Quote:
Young people are mostly ignorant of issues that pertain to real life.
I could say the same about old people who spend their time on a forum full of teenagers and young adults...

but I won't because I dont like making judgements about people based on their age.

(No offense Nuts. Its just that generalizations don't become you.)

Last edited by Luther Stark; 10-30-2008 at 06:32 PM.

pm.gif