Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-14-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Left 4 Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue.rellik View Post

You hear that from Yahtzee?
GAMETRADERS ROBINA

Quote:
Also my steamid is theonerellik, add me you biznitches. I'm hoping to get a mic as well someday

We really should do a L4D event on Clan BF. Hell, we should do more with Clan BF.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 02-14-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
You guys should all buy 360's and play with the cool kids.

*cough*
gtfo console fag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
GAMETRADERS ROBINA

We really should do a L4D event on Clan BF. Hell, we should do more with Clan BF.
I like that idea

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 02-15-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
I'd guess you would qualify your statement if you weren't talking out of your ass. I'll never know for sure, because you won't qualify your statement. Hmm.
Quote:
Counterstrike uses light, dark, positioning, pace, and TONS of gameplay finesse with each gun that make it endlessly entertaining.
The problem with CS is that it isn't "newb friendly". To get to the part where the game is "endlessly entertaining" requires you to die over and over and over and over and over again for months until you manage to reach that point where you are as good as everyone else. The reason why CS isn't growing on a large scale anymore is because of this fact. There are many new games out there such as Team Fortress 2 that are available and easy to learn. You can immediately spawn as a soldier, jump in, and start fragging people. In CS you log in and the first thing that happens to you is you get head shotted by the L33T Kr3W T34M. Not to mention that it'll happen 9000 times until you manage to get better.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 02-15-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
I got the message crystal clear from him. He reminds me a lot in his videos.

You realised that the L4D version on the 360 is inferior just because of the lack of modding community behind it, right?
I'm growing so tired of you passing judgment on games when you steal internet and can't afford to buy any. There I said it. Once you've played a game on both platforms then you can talk shit. Until then shut up sasuke. Seriously.

Consoles have one of the best voice chat communities a wide range of gamers (which pc for the most part does not, far more pro gamers on pc then 360 so the learning curve is higher.) And besides for as many good mods there are out there there are 4 times as many shitty ones.

Quote:
The problem with CS is that it isn't "newb friendly". To get to the part where the game is "endlessly entertaining" requires you to die over and over and over and over and over again for months until you manage to reach that point where you are as good as everyone else. The reason why CS isn't growing on a large scale anymore is because of this fact. There are many new games out there such as Team Fortress 2 that are available and easy to learn. You can immediately spawn as a soldier, jump in, and start fragging people. In CS you log in and the first thing that happens to you is you get head shotted by the L33T Kr3W T34M. Not to mention that it'll happen 9000 times until you manage to get better.
And thats AFTER you figure out that if you don't know how to use console you will NEVER have a chance.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-16-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
TF2 makes for a poor comparison to CS for a number of reasons, primarily because the classes offer such a gross imbalance in play. I realize the comparison between CS:S and L4D is not direct either, but I don't feel that you ever addressed my complaint: absent gameplay.

When you're running, jumping, and shooting, do you ever truly feel "into" your character the way you do with WoW and CS:S? Where the character control begins to feel immersive? Even after 20 minutes of playing CS:S the realism and character control put the hook in me. After 2 hours of L4D I was still trying to lose the "clunky" feel behind the characters' moves. I guess they were going for "gritty realism" or whatever, but all I got out of it was "zombie biting my ass".

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I find CS as one of the easiest games to pick up and get good with a little amount of time...

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

I find L4D way more immersive than CS

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
TF2 makes for a poor comparison to CS for a number of reasons, primarily because the classes offer such a gross imbalance in play. I realize the comparison between CS:S and L4D is not direct either, but I don't feel that you ever addressed my complaint: absent gameplay.

When you're running, jumping, and shooting, do you ever truly feel "into" your character the way you do with WoW and CS:S? Where the character control begins to feel immersive? Even after 20 minutes of playing CS:S the realism and character control put the hook in me. After 2 hours of L4D I was still trying to lose the "clunky" feel behind the characters' moves. I guess they were going for "gritty realism" or whatever, but all I got out of it was "zombie biting my ass".
You 'feel' into your character when you play CS:S?

:/

Reall GA, you're just arguing opinions now. It's fine that you don't like the game, we can't (and shouldn't) jump you for that.

Old 02-16-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilX View Post
I find CS as one of the easiest games to pick up and get good with a little amount of time...
I think it's possible to get 'okay' at the game but at the pro level (guys like smooth would attest) the game is fucking crazy hard. Players are intense and the pro gamers know the game inside and out.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
I'm growing so tired of you passing judgment on games when you steal internet and can't afford to buy any. There I said it. Once you've played a game on both platforms then you can talk shit. Until then shut up sasuke. Seriously.

Consoles have one of the best voice chat communities a wide range of gamers (which pc for the most part does not, far more pro gamers on pc then 360 so the learning curve is higher.) And besides for as many good mods there are out there there are 4 times as many shitty ones.
Hey don't be hating on me man!

And yes, I kind of -did- forget about voice communication. That's where L4D shines on the 360. But it's flaw is the lack of a modding community.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-17-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

CS: semi-realistic FPS without the bullshit of FPS's who try too damn hard
TF2: fun shooter
L4D: haven't played it yet but it has zombies

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Quote:
no u
Definitely you.

Quote:
CS: semi-realistic FPS without the bullshit of FPS's who try too damn hard
TF2: fun shooter
L4D: haven't played it yet but it has zombies
Pretty much, eh?

Quote:
To each his own. I don't personally think they were going for "realism" at all. But I can see where you are going with this. At the end of the day, its mindless, retarded fun. It's no CS, that's for sure. But that doesn't make it bad, and doesn't mean I don't absolutely love the game.

One thing I've found is that I don't really have the time to analyze my characters movements in L4D because I am constantly too busy shooting off hoards of zombies and running for my life. So... yeah... kill more zombies.... It should fix all of your problems.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 02-17-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger

Frack I hate tanks. Was doing No Mercy on easy with dual pistols so I could get that achievement. At the damn finale, the second tank punches me over the edge

Old 02-17-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Frack I hate tanks. Was doing No Mercy on easy with dual pistols so I could get that achievement. At the damn finale, the second tank punches me over the edge
Do it on Dead Air and get on top of the plane if you really need to, or just get an uber squad. 3 people can take out a tank.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Well, I finally got the game and I am about to install it now. Once I get used to the game, definitely count me in for any on-line co-op in the future. Good thing I got that headset for Christmas.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif