Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008

United States protoss wrath
Zerashk Gulida
 protoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatness
Default BREAKING NEWS:both Jim raynor AND Sarah Kerrigian voice actor roles up for grabs

This is very troubling news link: http://blizzplanet.com/news/2915/
I do not like this I would have preferred Glynnis Talken Cambell There is a petition on blizzplanet right now to bring Robert and Glynnis back. I'm signing it.

protoss wrath has 350 Posts

the dark templar are like the jedi of starcraft and zeratul is their leader!
STARCRAFT II IS COMING.....ARE YOU READY?
Robert clotworthy must voice jim raynor!

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

I'm not entirely surprised. Regarding Raynor, Blizzard has mentioned practically right from Day 1 that they had found a new voice actor whom they felt matched their vision of Raynor to the tee. As for Glynnis not returning, part of this might have something to do with community response. If I recall, there were some who weren't satisfied with the voice over of the Zerg release video, which was voiced by Glynnis.

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
I'm not entirely surprised. Regarding Raynor, Blizzard has mentioned practically right from Day 1 that they had found a new voice actor whom they felt matched their vision of Raynor to the tee. As for Glynnis not returning, part of this might have something to do with community response. If I recall, there were some who weren't satisfied with the voice over of the Zerg release video, which was voiced by Glynnis.
This.

I remember everybody whining about Kerrigan's new voice. I myself, was also part of that group. I wasn't really on the vocal side, I was more on the "everything is subject to change and probably will be changed" side.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 11-11-2008

United States areese87
BF Member
 areese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of win

We need Glynnis and Clotworthy. If not Clotworthy, then someone other than that hopefully placeholder guy they had in Blizzcon 08, who was awful.

areese87 has 1,702 Posts

Obama has won. The seas of change are flooding the streets- a deluge of possibility, a monsoon of opportunity, a literal tsunami of inspiration. We're talking hope. And the only thing left to do is to put on some swimming trunks, maybe a pair of goggles, and just riiiide the wave...

And a major pox on that bastard Jeph Loeb. Everything you touch dies.

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!

On one hand, I'm like: "aw - we might lose Glynnis", but on the other hand, I'm like: "YAY! Maybe we can get Robert Clotworthy back!"

So yeah - that's pretty much how I feel at the moment . Really hope Mr Clotworthy does reprise his role as Raynor, though :].

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
On one hand, I'm like: "aw - we might lose Glynnis", but on the other hand, I'm like: "YAY! Maybe we can get Robert Clotworthy back!"

So yeah - that's pretty much how I feel at the moment . Really hope Mr Clotworthy does reprise his role as Raynor, though :].

I doubt they are going to bring Clotworthy back. I'm pretty surprised they want a new voice for Kerrigan though.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  

Old 11-11-2008

United States Visions of Khas
Savassan's Legacy
 Visions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortals

I thought this voice actor announcement happened five months ago? Am I misreading it?

Quote:
As many of us witnessed, the developers revealed they were a third done with the Single Player (at the Starcraft Panels during the 2008 Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals in Paris back on June 28-29).

This was roughly five months ago.
I read that Glynnis Talken agreed to reprise her role as Kerrigan.

Visions of Khas has 493 Posts

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow
Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
Or is the shaping a culling and excercise in taming?
The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
But be wary through what thickets it winds.
-Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
As Translated by He Who Brings Order

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Visions of Khas  

Old 11-11-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Zukas
 Zukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatness

Lmao @ what we consider "breaking news"

Zukas has 2,464 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

United States Engage
BF Member
 Engage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightenedEngage has become enlightened

Who voiced Kerrigan in the latest cinematic when Zeratul killed the hydralisks in the cave and Kerrigan came out of the shadows at the end? That was Glynnis, the original Kerrigan right?

Engage has 70 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

United States Zergums
Eating a Raw Dripping Ham
 Zergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwns

I cannot fit the Old Jimmy's voice in the New Jimmy's Face, but if they can figure it out I'm down. I'm also the same with Kerrigan. Give the old actors a shot but also try new ones. if the new ones are better use them

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

I never liked Jim Raynor's voice in SC1

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

I love the current Zeratul and Kerrigan voices, Jimmy could use some improvements (there is the word "hell" in most of his sentences, which seemed unprofessional to a degree).

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 11-11-2008

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

I'm troubled that this hasn't been corroborated yet. We'll see what happens eh?

But we did more or less know that this was coming - though even Glynnis' role surprises me...

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 11-11-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

If I've said it once, I'll say it again. There are 6, count them:

Jim Raynor
Sarah Kerrigan
Arcturus Mengsk
Zeratul
Artanis
Samir Duran

Six heroes who are returning. And every single one of them should have the same voice actor they did in SC:BW. Only if one refuses or has died should they take a new voice.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 11-11-2008

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
If I've said it once, I'll say it again. There are 6, count them:

Jim Raynor
Sarah Kerrigan
Arcturus Mengsk
Zeratul
Artanis
Samir Duran

Six heroes who are returning. And every single one of them should have the same voice actor they did in SC:BW. Only if one refuses or has died should they take a new voice.
Agreed 100%. The voices are one of the only things we really have left from StarCraft to identify the characters with. It's one of my biggest motivations for wanting to purchase the campaigns.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  
Closed Thread