Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-12-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Top 10 cities to work and live.

Charlotte should be in there :\

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Charlotte should be in there :\
lol not if BoA goes belly-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
According to Business Week survey conducted http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...ties/index.htm
Do you live in any of these cities? If not would you like to? I live outside of Phoenix, I would like to live in San Diego or Miami but Miami was on the top 10 worst list. There are of course many different studies and surveys on this subject so this is just one of the many. What would your top 10 choices be?

1. New York City
2. San Diego
3. San Francisco
4. Las Vegas
5. Los Angeles
6. Seattle
7. Denver
8. Phoenix
9. Chicago
10. Boston
Wow I've only visited four of those 10 cities. It seems awfully biased towards out west, considering 7/10 cities are from that region.

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

United States Megan
BF Member
 Megan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supremeMegan reigns supreme

Lol maybe most of the 2500 opinions came from employees and entrepreneurs from the Westcoast, lol who knows. All I know is I wouldn't want to live in LA!

In regards to where I would like to live in another country, Barcelona Spain would be one of my choices. My husbands sisters live in Spain, we plan to visit. My grandparents on my fathers side were from Madrid so it's be nice to go there.

Last edited by Megan; 02-12-2009 at 07:10 PM.

" If I could build my house just like a trojan horse."

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

United States rendamr
BF Member
 rendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightened

West side homies

Israel is in the right.

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Biggie Smalls >>>> West

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-13-2009

Brazil Amok
Critter Christmas
 Amok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than you

These are only US cities. Where's the international list?

Amok has 7,707 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

Exactly. Where's my goddamn Amsterdamn

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

OK here's the world list, from BusinessWeek (same people that did the US ranking)
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...ideShows_ssi_5

1. Zurich, CH
2. Vienna, AU
2. Geneva, CH
4. Vancouver, BC
5. Auckland, NZ
6. Dusseldorf, DE
7. Munich, DE
7. Frankfurt, DE
9. Bern, CH
10. Sydney, AUS

Amsterdam was in the top 30 but didn't make the top 10.

Last edited by Pizza; 02-13-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

If I lived in Vienna I would just walk around dressed like the year was 1786 talking about "The City of Music".

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 02-13-2009

Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
OK here's the world list, from BusinessWeek (same people that did the US ranking)

1. Zurich, CH
2. Vienna, AU
2. Geneva, CH
4. Vancouver, BC
5. Auckland, NZ
6. Dusseldorf, DE
7. Munich, DE
7. Frankfurt, DE
9. Bern, CH
10. Sydney, AUS

Amsterdam was in the top 30 but didn't make the top 10.
I can say Zurich is amazing at night but sucks during the day. Vienna is fucking amazing, love that city. Munich is also incredible, I could do that in a heartbeat although i'd probably become an alcoholic.

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Toronto in at 15 woot. Id like to visit every place on this list before i get married. Hopefully my career will take me there.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

Old 02-14-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

If I ever get super rich like Maddoff was I'm gonna move to Zurich and put all my money in there.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Pizza

Haha I love how this thread died as soon as I posted the world city rankings. It's as if everyone from outside the US thought their own city belonged on the list...then they realized otherwise.

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
i meant cities, not just countries. I imagine Toronto would be in the top 10.
You would imagine wrong. Toronto has zero culture and is not that great of a city to begin with. Cities like Vancouver, Montreal, Halifax, and to some degree Calgary (if you like the cowboy thing) are what make Canada desirable. Very few people want to move to Toronto most are forced/compelled to by jobs.

Nevermind just read the list, I pretty much nailed it with Vancouver although am surprised Toronto ranked so highly.

That being said, Ontario and Quebec being almost completely Nuclear/Water powered are desirable provinces to live in. Ottawa is a very desirable city as well. Although I would imagine less desirable now that both provinces are in heavy deficit.

Quote:
6. Dusseldorf, DE
7. Munich, DE
7. Frankfurt, DE
Makes me want to travel there

Last edited by KP; 02-17-2009 at 01:55 PM.
KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis

There's no culture? There's culture everywhere. There isn't one broad, everyone-is-a-part-of-it type culture like New Orleans or Montreal or something but basically if it exists, Toronto has it. Walking the streets of T.O. trips me out really hard just cuz of how diverse it is and how many different kinds of people live here. Do you remember a place called Kindred Cafe at Yonge & Breadlebane? Place serves marijuana milkshakes and if you want to experience T.O. to the fullest, a good idea is getting one of these milkshakes and just wandering around the city.

Ace has 14,405 Posts