Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Works-In-Progress

Works-In-Progress Help for any authors or musicians seeking constructive criticism.

Old 07-10-2006

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra
 Equiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightened
Default Alpho... I mean, Equiliari is drawing again

Phew, tough habbit to get out from, you know, typing AlphonseCapone instead of Equiliari. Well well.
I totally forgot which one was the latest piece I smashed out here, so Ill just start with the latest one that I feel I can share to the public.

Fo those who like technical blabber, read!... For those who don't, scroll!

Tachiodomo Planetary Defence System
------------------------------------
Constructed: 2592
Size: 2,8 kilometers
Weight: ...A lot O_o
Description:
For many, the initial plans for the Tachiodomo given by the UTA in 2587 was pure madness. The sheer size and power of the cannon itself was far to large for anyone to see the economic reasons and general safety for the project. Already many smaller projects for defending earth from meteors and asteroids had been successully tested. But the vote for the construction of the cannon was won, 126 against 124.
The construction started shortly after the vote in late 2591. And was completed early in 2592. And aditional 3 was built at key positions around 'The Ring'.

The Tachiodomo uses massive ammounts of electric energy to alter the basics of the atoms in a hydrogen pool located inside the command section of the cannon, thus creating one super heavy hydrogen atom. The general weight of the atom varies, however it has as a minimum a complete set of 5000 electron walls, meaning it carries at a minimum over 39.994 electrons. The atom is then considered an ion. As the system heats up the atom is held in place by two powerful lasers, who also heat it up before the final blast is initiated. When that happens the lasers who hold the atom in place is supercharged, thus heating the atom so much, the electrons loose their place, and splitting them up, releasing the superstrings. At this moment there is pretty much no way back, the cannon is fired to whatever target in its way. A big pulse of hydrogen gas is sent through the lasers holding the atom in place, heating it up to plasma. And finally the jet located within the cannon itself sends an energy blast towards the now ruined hydrogen ion, and a ball of a seemingl nver ending explotion is released into space towards its destination.
When it is close enough, the cannon fires one last laser towards the ball, and what follows could only be described as a dance of colors. The outcome is one out of 3, all depending on the ammount of electrons present in the ion at the start.
1: The target is hit, changing orbit
2: The target is smashd into tiny little pieces
3: The target is evaporated into even smaller, sub atomic, pieces.

In theory the whole idea behind the cannon is a complete statement of power. Even if it is not designed to attack ships, it is fully capable of doing so. However its main targets are up to date only been meteors and asteroids dragged towards earth to test it out.

Other numbers and info
The cannon houses 4 smaller cannons purelly for self defence agians attack ships. This is if the smaller offensive PDS fail to hold an attacker away.
It also holds a space dock for smaller sized ships, mainly crew transportation.
Its crew number is 220. With one high ranked member of the UTA to be present with the launch codes should the cannon be fired.
The cannon is mounted on large tracks which enables it to turn around the whole model 360 degrees. Also the cannon itself is able to turn 360 degrees.
Each of the 4 cannons have been given half of earth's space to protect. Meaning 2 cannons are always able to fire at the same target. At times, 3 or all 4 are able to fire.

Thumbnail *points down*

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cannon.jpg (167.1 KB, 107 views)
Equiliari has 193 Posts

"What your eyes see and ears hear, the mind believes. But eyes and ears alike can be deceived, only the mind alone can know true reality"

pm.gif   

Old 07-10-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all

I hear that, I'm still not used to using the '4ever' I've used since I joined LHQ way back when.

However, I do have a pitch for you: Do you have anything new to submit to fan-art at SC:L?

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 07-11-2006

United States Anti Hero
Electric Pulse
 Anti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant futureAnti Hero has a brilliant future

Very nice picture. I liked looking at the stuff you had at the old fourm.

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

Canada Bob
Cunt in a jar
 Bob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supreme

You already know my thoughts of it.

Bob has 11,050 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-18-2006

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra
 Equiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhogHowever
I do have a pitch for you: Do you have anything new to submit to fan-art at SC:L?
No new StarCraft Art... yet. I am not sure if I am to attempt the Blizzard Art Contest. If I am, I will be making a StarCraft Drawing...
The part that bothers me however is this:

"THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), AUSTRALIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, AND THE UNITED KINGDOM"

...all in capital letters... not incuding my country. So... yeah...

Well at least I have the blizzforums art contest:

Just the corner of the image... but still, its underway... Lets hope I find some time to complete it...

Other than that I messed around in photoshop to create a logo some time ago. And the result is this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg corner.jpg (10.3 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpe Equiliari.jpe (27.6 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by Equiliari; 08-18-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Equiliari has 193 Posts

"What your eyes see and ears hear, the mind believes. But eyes and ears alike can be deceived, only the mind alone can know true reality"

pm.gif   

Old 08-18-2006

Belgium Sfinx
Not even close
 Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!

Just... keep on doing what you're doing dude. It's too amazing to describe.

Why not try to participate in the Blizzard Art Contest, just for the sake of it. Maybe you won't get any prizes but at least they might mention you somewhere, who knows ^^

Sfinx has 7,050 Posts

Somewhere and nowhere.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Sfinx Send a message via MSN to Sfinx  

Old 08-18-2006

Canada Bob
Cunt in a jar
 Bob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supremeBob reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfinx
Just... keep on doing what you're doing dude. It's too amazing to describe.

Why not try to participate in the Blizzard Art Contest, just for the sake of it. Maybe you won't get any prizes but at least they might mention you somewhere, who knows ^^
I think they already did. Don't worry I'll take your place in Blizzard Art Contest for you :P.

Bob has 11,050 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-18-2006

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Oh god damn it if he enters the BAC everyone else is screwed.

Dude, you've got an incredible talent. Use it wisely!

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 08-18-2006

Canada Bob
Cunt in a jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Oh god damn it if he enters the BAC everyone else is screwed.

Dude, you've got an incredible talent. Use it wisely!

I don't know, how the judges mark this year may not be suited towards his style he's gonna have to WOW me in such a way that it's unimaginable. I'm not talking about the 12 hour long WoW moments.

Bob has 11,050 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-07-2006

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra

Well... Since the deadline is over its a bit too ate to update my submission. FOr obvius reason it was not done... It lacked a few things. I just added them later today, and BAM!:
One more wing, a tail, and... thats about it... myeah...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rarw2.jpg (237.3 KB, 66 views)
Equiliari has 193 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-07-2006

Belgium Sfinx
Not even close
 Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!Sfinx is unstoppable!

Even without the wing and tail it blows me away man. Stop playing WoW and start drawing

Sfinx has 7,050 Posts

Somewhere and nowhere.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Sfinx Send a message via MSN to Sfinx  

Old 10-05-2006

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra
Default Re: Alpho... I mean, Equiliari is drawing again

Tried a bit isometric stuff on paintbrush... gota love them isometric images...
Ooh.. its big!

Attached Images
File Type: gif UTA_HQ.gif (107.9 KB, 159 views)
Equiliari has 193 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-06-2006

Canada Fallen_Upwards
F_U
 Fallen_Upwards has a spectacular aura aboutFallen_Upwards has a spectacular aura about

One of the outcroppings on that building is missing it's top left corner, I've highlighted what I mean in the attachment.

(Edit: there used to be the attachemnt picture here, but for whatever reason it won't display properly no matter what I do with the HTML codes. Just use the "note" attachment at the bottom of the post)

But that's a 5-second fix. The other thing of note is that the furthest right of those outcroppings has a light side facing us. It's not terrible, but that should be slightly shaded if (as it looks to be) it's sitting hidden be the other outcropping and the bulge at the corner.

Finally, those four pillars surrounding the peak, the tops of them look a little odd. If you'll look at the second attachement you'll see the three methods of doing it. There's the one on the left, which you did, the one in the middle, which is the same except with the outline dropped 1 pixel, and the one on the right, which I would suggest. That one drops only the 2x1 line (the line that goes 2 right for every 1 up) but it drops it two pixels.

Yeah, I do a fair chunk of sprite work so I kinda notice this crap. I don't think most people would. It's really a very good building, I'm just nitpicking.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp note.bmp (44.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: bmp Note 2.bmp (16.8 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by Fallen_Upwards; 10-06-2006 at 05:15 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 10-07-2006

Canada SmoothWare
Terrorists Win.
 SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

oh man, I can't believed i missed this thread.

SmoothWare has 14,208 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to SmoothWare  

Old 10-09-2006

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Upwards View Post
Yeah, I do a fair chunk of sprite work so I kinda notice this crap. I don't think most people would. It's really a very good building, I'm just nitpicking.
Oh yeah, thanks
Wow, that I did not notice the first error there. Back to paintbrush!

Equiliari has 193 Posts

pm.gif