Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 01-20-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Sarah Palin energized the conservative base. Not saying I agree with her on everything, but she was an asset to the campaign, especially with funding.

It would probably been a landslide if McCain had not picked her.
Aye, Palin energized the conservative base, but at the cost of moderate voters who could've gone to McCain but were turned off by Palin's very conservative views.

And I really doubt we'll see another Reagan in 1984 landslide again, at least not in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
Wait, how does this entail everyone hating on Obama? Everyone is looking at someone to bitch at just for those two factors?
Oh, I was just giving some reasons why McCain lost and Obama won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
I'm gonna miss that MILF.

I'm sick of the American people's attitude. It's like Obama is some kind of messiah. Tell me, would the messiah hold a huge 4 day party for his inauguration, costing millions of taxpayers money during an economic crisis?
Not one Obama supporter I've ever seen has called him "the Messiah". it's only butthurt conservatards I've seen call him that. And since the majority of them are Christian, I just don't get why they want to compare the President with Jesus. Shouldn't that be a positive comparison in their eyes?

And how much business is created by the parties?

Quote:
You voted black. Now prepare to be blinded by the bling.
Wow, the stupid is strong with this one.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 01-20-2009

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Aye, Palin energized the conservative base, but at the cost of moderate voters who could've gone to McCain but were turned off by Palin's very conservative views.
There would have been no energy in the campaign whatsoever if he had not picked her. Alienation of some voters was the better choice than floundering in fund raising and failing to attract any kind of reasonable crowds to rallies.

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 01-20-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
It wasn't always that way.
You're right, it wasn't. Five or six years ago we had some serious liberals that actually had a spine and were willing to debate. Those were the glory days of SD, oh to have them back...

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-20-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Not one Obama supporter I've ever seen has called him "the Messiah". it's only butthurt conservatards I've seen call him that. And since the majority of them are Christian, I just don't get why they want to compare the President with Jesus. Shouldn't that be a positive comparison in their eyes?

And how much business is created by the parties?

Wow, the stupid is strong with this one.
Wow, the illiterate is strong with this one.
I didn't say they were calling him a messiah, just acting like it.
Politics takes up too much of the US economy.
And FYI, Obama just signed another multi-billion dollar economic stimulus package.
Cause you know, when the first one doesn't work, the second is sure to. Even though printing more money decreases the value of it.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 01-20-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
There would have been no energy in the campaign whatsoever if he had not picked her. Alienation of some voters was the better choice than floundering in fund raising and failing to attract any kind of reasonable crowds to rallies.
Though, the problem with this line of logic is that he alienated voters who could've voted for him instead of Obama for voters that were probably going to end up voting for him either way, unless he did something (politically) stupid like pick Lieberman as his VP (whom I heard he really wanted to do). By picking Palin, he was essentially cementing people who were going to vote for him anyways at the expense of scaring moderates into voting for Obama.

/maybe I should've been a poli sci major...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoSquid
I didn't say they were calling him a messiah, just acting like it.
The vibe I get from Obama is that he is a public servant, not the Messiah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoSquid
And FYI, Obama just signed another multi-billion dollar economic stimulus package.
Source?

JT has 18,012 Posts

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

Old 01-21-2009

Canada Drakain Zeil
erfolg durch qualität
 Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...

The USD is taking a stronger stance of other currencys these past few days... it must be... THE CHANGE!!!!!!

Drakain Zeil has 11,867 Posts

Faster than lightning
and high as a kite
Hidden Content:

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Did anyone else notice the pictures and video that newscasters showed AFTER the big event to summarize what "America" was feeling with this Inauguration? I sat there for 10 whole minutes and watched as videos and pictures streamed through my television screen. Tell me why they only showed about 1% white people reacting to our new President. Is he only going to be President to black people? Is they why their opinions and joys were the only ones shown? Or did I just pick the worst 10 minutes to watch? Note: I did NOT watch any of the speeches, poems, etc. My mom is in the hospital, so I was with her all day. Didn't get a chance to see any of it but the 10 minutes I just mentioned.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 01-21-2009

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Well the American people finally got what they want, we officially have a cheerleader as president.

The way Obama's Cabinet picks have played out I hope we're ready for four years of "I didn't know" and "He has withdrawn from consideration" and "I am shocked at his behavior" until we have the chance to kick this boob out of office.

I've also never seen a more condescending and arrogant bunch than the Obama crew. Bush 2000 was close but not quite there. The vibe is definitely that everyone else is a bunch of idiot children and it's up to the Dream Team to teach us all how to tie our shoes and wipe our noses. When they fail at turning the economy around that attitude won't last long.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
The vibe I get from Obama is that he is a public servant, not the Messiah.
you can't be serious. this is an elaborate prank. i've heard obama say the words "i am humbled" but typically that just comes off as another speaking tool for him to trampoline into a 5,000 word preacher speech. he has never come off as anything but cool, confident, or angry. give me a fucking break, public servant. you're a fucking horses ass if you think people pursue the office of president of the most powerful world in the country to be a public servant.

meteora, this is why many americans still have reservations about obama, and show concern. because while they can look forward to a change in a candidacy and a fresh perspective on politics, the fanfare that surrounds obama is that of an out-of-control circus. he has 3M people at his inauguration. he has a huge speech, band performance, and speakers. he assures everyone that he will usher in change, that no task is too big for him and his "can do" attitude. but he's going to take on the worst economic crisis since 1930, two difficult prolonged wars, homeland security, and the healthcare crisis. and when people say that's a hell of a lot to be claiming you're going to "change" or turn around, and it's pretty arrogant to assume that you can up and fix all that, we get responses like "oh he's just a humble public servant".

there's a cognitive dissonance in obama that is disturbing, and the press carries on like he's fucking denzel washington. and i don't mean the cognitive dissonance that DE misuses all the time, i mean the kind that sets off alarms in observers who have a vested stake in what obama is about to put his hands on. the economy is in a very delicate state right now, and throwing up a cheesy smile and talking about strength isn't the cure. he has no record, he has no experience with budgets, economies, and executive actions--he's untested. he may come out great, or he may fail miserably. it's worth noting that inexperienced people do not typically make the best decisions.

we haven't seen anything yet, but if you want to understand some people's cautiousness going into this presidency, there you have it.

Last edited by GenocideAlive; 01-21-2009 at 02:23 PM.
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
you can't be serious. this is an elaborate prank. i've heard obama say the words "i am humbled" but typically that just comes off as another speaking tool for him to trampoline into a 5,000 word preacher speech. he has never come off as anything but cool, confident, or angry. give me a fucking break, public servant. obama believes he's here to command us, not serve jack shit.

meteora, this is why many americans still have reservations about obama, and show concern. because while they can look forward to a change in a candidacy and a fresh perspective on politics, the fanfare that surrounds obama is that of a circus. he has 3M people at his inauguration. he has a huge speech, band performance, and speakers. he assures everyone that he will usher in change, that no task is too big for him and his "can do" attitude. but he's going to take on the worst economic crisis since 1930, two difficult prolonged wars, homeland security, and the healthcare crisis. and when people say that's a hell of a lot to be claiming you're going to "change" or turn around, and it's pretty arrogant to assume that you can up and fix all that, we get responses like "oh he's just a humble public servant".

there's a cognitive dissonance that is disturbing, and the press carries on like he's fucking denzel washington. and i don't mean the cognitive dissonance that DE misuses all the time, i mean the kind that sets off alarms in observers who have a vested stake in what obama is about to put his hands on. when articles leading up to his election possess a large percentage of "fashion", "play", and "editorials", it's reminiscent of installing a demagogue. we don't need someone that takes great pictures and has fantastic pecs, we need someone who is going to do good work.

we haven't seen anything yet, but if you want to understand some people's cautiousness going into this presidency, there you have it.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 01-21-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

and JT drives my point home perfectly. you cannot put up an unbiased, reasonable position that represents a cautious stance with obama or you're shouted down with perjorative labels. this is what makes people cautious in the first place--there's no questioning the messiah!

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

One of his Cabinet appointees had to withdraw because he's under investigation for graft in New Mexico (that'd be the governor), the governor of his home state is going to be in jail for a long time, he made a shady land deal with Tony Rezko (shady in that Rezko bought the land for what it was worth and sold it to the Obama family for much much less than that), and one of his other Cabinet appointees is under investigation for tax evasion or something and for hiring illegal immigrants for house labor.

But there's no reason to think Obama isn't going to do great besides those of course. Having two of your Cabinet appointees under investigation shows some great judgment. He also has a magical money tree and that's how he's going to have trillion-dollar deficits and a great economy at the same time. I bet we're going to have slave reparations too, Barack's magical money tree is inexhaustible so why not?

EDIT: I also love how the spell-checker here tells me Obama and Barack are misspellings. Is Barack Obama real? Who knows!

Last edited by Chaos; 01-21-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I've also never seen a more condescending and arrogant bunch than the Obama crew.
Try opening your eyes, and looking in the mirror.

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris

Quote:
Try opening your eyes, and looking in the mirror.
Yeah I tried that but the brilliance almost blinded me. Gotta have my vision you know. That way I can see the gremlins.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Mayhaps you meant Kremlin?

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid