Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 01-20-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
If Bungie were smart, they would work on a multiplayer-only version of Halo. Like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament, but without a story shoehorned in.

/first Halo's story was alright
//then it got shitty when the Elites spoke English
Well those who actually dig into the story which I never quite understood except space rings that kills everything might get pissed off. And not everyone plays on XBL. Then again, it's really one of the sole reasons why people should get a Xbox 360. Otherwise, you might as well go for a Wii or PS3.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-21-2009

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

A fun little gem I love is Stuntman: Ignition. It can be tedious but its a ton of fun if you like those type of games. It should be super cheap now too.

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Me and a few friends picked up Battlefield: Bad Company, for 20 bucks each (new from stores) and have been playing the multiplayer a lot. It's not quite what Battlefield 2 did, but its extremely fun, and quite challenging.

Definitely something to look into if you want some great online action, for $20.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 01-21-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
I wouldn't quite say a storyline would be better if it actually happened. Judging on your idea; every fictional work isn't as good compare to something that happen in real life. What COD4 appealed to me was it was fictional and something that I wouldn't have any idea of. It not like we're watching history replay itself again.
not necessarily, im saying that this story is better than cod4's story, even though i class them completely different in most apsects. cod4 was good but world at war is more cinematic and the way it protrays parts of ww2 not see like this is extraordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
If Bungie were smart, they would work on a multiplayer-only version of Halo. Like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament, but without a story shoehorned in.

/first Halo's story was alright
//then it got shitty when the Elites spoke English
Halo was only ever good for its single player and i liked it when the elites would only ever say "woop woop woop" or "ARGGHH!!!!!"
lols: 'Can i have a big mac and a coke'
"woop woop woop"
'No fries thanks'
'AARRGGHH!!!'
lols

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif   

Old 01-21-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
Me and a few friends picked up Battlefield: Bad Company, for 20 bucks each (new from stores) and have been playing the multiplayer a lot. It's not quite what Battlefield 2 did, but its extremely fun, and quite challenging.

Definitely something to look into if you want some great online action, for $20.
Bad company is fun for sure... I occasionally wish I hadn't traded it in.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 01-22-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
Bad company is fun for sure... I occasionally wish I hadn't traded it in.
Bad Company was actually pretty fun. The thing that kept me from buying it was that vehicles were pretty hard to destroy without being in one, you keep on getting teamkilled whenever someone else wants to use the mortar, communication was limited to a squad (it was for me during the demo anyways) and the lag was an issue, which was bound to happen with 24 players running around on a huge ass map that takes forever to get around without a vehicle.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 01-22-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Quote:
Bad Company was actually pretty fun. The thing that kept me from buying it was that vehicles were pretty hard to destroy without being in one, you keep on getting teamkilled whenever someone else wants to use the mortar, communication was limited to a squad (it was for me during the demo anyways) and the lag was an issue, which was bound to happen with 24 players running around on a huge ass map that takes forever to get around without a vehicle.
The lag still happens, but not nearly as bad anymore. As for the vehicles, there are RPG launchers and other vehicles everywhere, so vehicles go down pretty fast unless the driver and gunners know what they are doing. They are pretty easy to avoid altogether, thanks to the amount of buildings on the maps.

The squad-only communications has, is, and probably will always be a Battlefield trademark so to speak. Bad Company is really a better looking, but console-simplified version of a PC battlefield game. I still play BattleField 2 more than this. :-P

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 01-22-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
The lag still happens, but not nearly as bad anymore. As for the vehicles, there are RPG launchers and other vehicles everywhere, so vehicles go down pretty fast unless the driver and gunners know what they are doing. They are pretty easy to avoid altogether, thanks to the amount of buildings on the maps.

The squad-only communications has, is, and probably will always be a Battlefield trademark so to speak. Bad Company is really a better looking, but console-simplified version of a PC battlefield game. I still play BattleField 2 more than this. :-P
Yeah I liked the idea of BF2's structure of command; it would probably be put to good use in serious clans. I guess I just feel important as being a grunt ordered around to do someone's own shit for them.

I guess the reason I didn't really like vehicles was if you were in a tank you pretty much can beat the shit out of every other thing. Whoever shoots first in a tank against another one, pretty much wins. Meh. Though its nothing as bad as in Halo 3; I simply run over people in the Banshee like no tomorrow.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 01-26-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
Mercs 2 is fun for mindlessly blowing shit up, but outside that...
Beat it Friday night. Got the last achievements I was willing to work on on Saturday. Some just aren't worth it. Bought a shit load of nukes and dropped them everywhere.

Now for the next week I have finals so the 360 shall collect dust till Friday. When I get to Gamestop on the weekend I'll probably buy Halo 3, Gear of War 1 & 2, and Bioshock. I would buy guitar hero 2 and 3, but for now I can't afford to buy them and two guitar controllers.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

AK you gotta get on a Sat night when we have like the t00b clan together (best matches ever, btw), then it gets fun.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Well those who actually dig into the story which I never quite understood except space rings that kills everything might get pissed off. And not everyone plays on XBL. Then again, it's really one of the sole reasons why people should get a Xbox 360. Otherwise, you might as well go for a Wii or PS3.
Halo's storyline was good in the first game, but rapidly went downhill in the expansions. Especially after the hyping up of the Covenant invasion (lol, it's only the first three missions, then back to another goddamned Halo!) and the cliffhanger ending just so MS could make another fucking game.

As I said earlier in the thread, just get The Orange Box. You get five games (including one of the best shooters of all time) for the price of one.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 01-26-2009

The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Yeah, plus Portal is amazing. tOB is worth it, no doubt.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

The Orange Box is a waste of money IMO. Portal and Team Fortress are great games, but Half-Life is a bore. Boring AND depressing.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

The Hammer of Dawn

The Half life series is actually pretty innovative, and has a constant air of mystery about it. It may just seem like another conventional shooter, but it's definetly much more if you keep in track with the story.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
Yeah, plus Portal is amazing. tOB is worth it, no doubt.
Actually, I was talking about Portal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
The Orange Box is a waste of money IMO. Portal and Team Fortress are great games, but Half-Life is a bore. Boring AND depressing.
Which game did you play? HL is the shit.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT