Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 09-14-2008

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
WoW really amazes me. I mean, step back for a minute and imagine that you have never played any computer games and are just a normal guy. Then imagine sitting at dinner with your friends, and they start saying the things above. Pretty nuts

more power to you, i guess..
It's like screaming "INB4!!!" all the time during a discussion with your friends or prof. That would be pretty nuts too right.

Come on Pizza, it's not like this game is the only thing in the world with a jargon

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunta View Post
It's like screaming "INB4!!!" all the time during a discussion with your friends or prof. That would be pretty nuts too right.

Come on Pizza, it's not like this game is the only thing in the world with a jargon
that's true. the jargon is just so out there though. i mean three years ago i had two roommates who would play that game spending 3-4 hours a day on there, and just for kicks i would try and talk to them about the game using the jargon i had picked up from this website, and they couldn't understand me!

i had made fun of them for being total losers by spending that much time on WoW, but only after these conversations did I realize how much deeper into the culture the people here at BF are than my friends. you guys must put a lot more time and emotional attachment into the game.

another example: a good friend of mine lost his girlfriend of three years over this game. that's pretty bad, right? and yet he still wasn't into the game enough to be able to understand the jargon used in this forum.

----------------
Now jamming to: Ratatat - Seventeen Years

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

Your friend needs to get his priorities straight. And lingo isn't the same all over. Look up the term "vernacular".

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 09-14-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Your friend needs to get his priorities straight. And lingo isn't the same all over. Look up the term "vernacular".
...with all due respect, don't tell me to look up 6th grade words please. are you trying to tell me that in georgia they use different words to describe WoW than they do in virginia? come on.

----------------
Now jamming to: Hot Chip - One Pure Thought

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
that's true. the jargon is just so out there though. i mean three years ago i had two roommates who would play that game spending 3-4 hours a day on there, and just for kicks i would try and talk to them about the game using the jargon i had picked up from this website, and they couldn't understand me!

i had made fun of them for being total losers by spending that much time on WoW, but only after these conversations did I realize how much deeper into the culture the people here at BF are than my friends. you guys must put a lot more time and emotional attachment into the game.

another example: a good friend of mine lost his girlfriend of three years over this game. that's pretty bad, right? and yet he still wasn't into the game enough to be able to understand the jargon used in this forum.

----------------
Now jamming to: Ratatat - Seventeen Years
Just which terms did you use that had them stumped? I find it hard to believe that there would be much of anything that couldnt be understood if they played 3-4 hours a day and lost girlfriends and such over it. Also, if its verbal maybe you pronounced it differently than they may have imagined it? This is particularly the case with words that are shortened or acronyms (RAF for example if you said it IRL I would have no clue what you are talking about)

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Just which terms did you use that had them stumped? I find it hard to believe that there would be much of anything that couldnt be understood if they played 3-4 hours a day and lost girlfriends and such over it. Also, if its verbal maybe you pronounced it differently than they may have imagined it? This is particularly the case with words that are shortened or acronyms (RAF for example if you said it IRL I would have no clue what you are talking about)
I don't remember exactly...I think I said some things like gold farming, grinding, nerfing, alts, purple items, aggro, raiding, etc.

----------------
Now jamming to: Global Djs - One Night in Bangkok (Club Mix)

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
I don't remember exactly...I think I said some things like gold farming, grinding, nerfing, alts, purple items, aggro, raiding, etc.

----------------
Now jamming to: Global Djs - One Night in Bangkok (Club Mix)
I find it seriously hard to believe that they didnt know what you were talking about. The chat channels in the game (guild/party/city) are full of people that bring those terms up. You would have to be completely ignorant to anything going on around you and play 100% alone to not know them, especially since a lot are based on common english words.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 09-14-2008

Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
I find it seriously hard to believe that they didnt know what you were talking about. The chat channels in the game (guild/party/city) are full of people that bring those terms up. You would have to be completely ignorant to anything going on around you and play 100% alone to not know them, especially since a lot are based on common english words.
Well I don't think my roommates were in any guilds, but they did know a few people in real life that they played with at the same time. Maybe they knew and were playing dumb so they would look "cooler" to me, but I doubt this.

----------------
Now jamming to: Shakedown - At Night (Alan Braxe Remix)

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I play Horde on Ner'Zhul. My name is Telemon and I am a Orc Warrior, if anyone wants to quest.
You're a fag, I told you Gul'dan and yet you choose Ner'Zhul.

GTFO Ben we're not friends anymore

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 09-15-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

Quote:
...with all due respect, don't tell me to look up 6th grade words please. are you trying to tell me that in georgia they use different words to describe WoW than they do in virginia? come on.

----------------
Now jamming to: Hot Chip - One Pure Thought
No, but on Scilla they may use different words than people on Ner'zhul or Archimonde. There are different terms in different places you tool.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 09-16-2008

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
You're a fag, I told you Gul'dan and yet you choose Ner'Zhul.

GTFO Ben we're not friends anymore
Transfer your fucking character nub we'll level together.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 09-16-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

for those who play wow as their first serious MMO, it's unlikely that they'll know right off the bat what raiding, grinding, or even things like parties are. much less anything wow specific like gold, races, classes, skills, etc...

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 09-16-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Transfer your fucking character nub we'll level together.
I'm 70 already you nub, have 5 piece season 2 and 2 piece season 4 and just cancelled my account because there is no point in grinding anything else, I have a decent amount of gold so I'm going to wait until WOTLK come back and then enjoy the new content and quit again

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 09-16-2008

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
I'm 70 already you nub, have 5 piece season 2 and 2 piece season 4 and just cancelled my account because there is no point in grinding anything else, I have a decent amount of gold so I'm going to wait until WOTLK come back and then enjoy the new content and quit again
We're gonna be level 70 in like two weeks, there will be three of us (once we hit 60 my friend is transferring his 60 blood elf paladin to our server to quest with us) join us and we can find some other scrub and ruin the arenas.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 09-17-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Well that was more or less to remind you aren't half the badass you pretend to be, not that we're not nerds. This is a video game forum after all.
Oh, I thought for sure it was something that you were attempting use to denigrate my person. Which now, comes across as a hypocritical farce. It's not that I mind, really it's not making me look bad.

And Pizza, given that you openly admit you don't understand the lingo well, I don't particularly see how you're forming dedicated scientific experiments to discover the relative "emotional attachment" or dedication that members here have vs. your roommates. If they don't understand your terminology, perhaps you're not using it correctly? Really after reading trade chat for a month you pretty much learn everything there is to learn.

It's not like it's evolving rapidly or changing in any way. Grinding, goldfarming, raiding, etc. have been basically the same thing since Molten Core years ago (or so I'm told).

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif