Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-07-2008

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

I remember literally having all the perfect gear...I calculated the perfect crit for a warrior and designed all my equipment around it, made a perfect DPS warrior. Then I quit.

I quit quite a few months before BC but I guess I felt pretty advanced at the time. By the time I was getting epics, 40% of the population was already in ownership of an epic, so by the time I was decked a lot of other people were, too. I guess I feel good for equipping smarter, though. Most people's equipment set-up was exactly the same. Most warriors' greatest mistake was taking up any weapon they could get a hold of. Extremely bad idea as a fury warrior, I played it smart and came out top on meters.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 08-11-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
the day i hit 70, i used the honor i accumulated at 60, and had lvl 70 epic pvp gear. I had the bracers, cape, and boots the day i hit 70. it was pretty stupid imo, but thats all it took for me to begin getting epics at 70.
I started a Kara, pulled about 8 puggers, and got like 3 epics. Next week I made another one, got 5. Next week I got 1, then bought another with badges. Ran Magister's Terrace about 20 fucking billion times, got ninja'd, got my shoulders and finally got my Shard of Contempt. I need about 1-2 more things to fill geargaps then I'm about done. There's still a huge advantage to be had in knowing your toon, though. I remember 2-3 guys I ran that first kara with have a lot of epics now, too, but they pick up shit like tier pieces because they think it's automatically the best at whatever.

But as for rolling with a DPS warrior, ew. It'd be almost impossible to get a group in a 5 man, it'd be a pain in the ass to find a slot with a 25 man with all the bad Rogues fighting for spots, and there's always a ton of DPS warriors trying to get into raid guilds for the one slot they have open for a DPS warrior. And regardless, the number of bad DPS melee classes out there means a lot of rejections.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-11-2008

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

If you do get in as a DPS warrior in a high-end guild, you're pretty much in. PvP-wise as well. Christ I hated Warriors with PvE gear in arenas.

LXM has 10,242 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 08-11-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

If you're not a caster and you run into a Warrior, you'd better blow every cooldown you have and hope it's enough. Odds are you'll get him to around 10% before Overpower and Execute doom you. If you are a caster, a Warrior is pretty much your bitch.

pm.gif   

Old 08-12-2008

United States Saritor
BF Member
 Saritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something right

Q4 would be a good choice as it would be able to hit the market right around the same time as WAR, which is ramping up to be quite the game.

Saritor has 163 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-13-2008

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
I started a Kara, pulled about 8 puggers, and got like 3 epics. Next week I made another one, got 5. Next week I got 1, then bought another with badges. Ran Magister's Terrace about 20 fucking billion times, got ninja'd, got my shoulders and finally got my Shard of Contempt. I need about 1-2 more things to fill geargaps then I'm about done. There's still a huge advantage to be had in knowing your toon, though. I remember 2-3 guys I ran that first kara with have a lot of epics now, too, but they pick up shit like tier pieces because they think it's automatically the best at whatever.

But as for rolling with a DPS warrior, ew. It'd be almost impossible to get a group in a 5 man, it'd be a pain in the ass to find a slot with a 25 man with all the bad Rogues fighting for spots, and there's always a ton of DPS warriors trying to get into raid guilds for the one slot they have open for a DPS warrior. And regardless, the number of bad DPS melee classes out there means a lot of rejections.
Yeah, when BC came out there was literally no place for a DPS warrior. They forced us to be prot tanks and that's when I REALLY quit for good, out of sickness of what they did to my class. Normal instances were fine, I could get in those about 50-50 if I was able to find an unprejudiced group--and those always went well. I never got to do any of the larger instances, and as for heroics I KNOW there was no room for DPS warriors, simply because crowd control becomes so fucking imperative. I didn't like pvp, they fucked me over pve, so I just quit for good. Haven't touched the game since.

The most fucking annoying thing that ever happened to me, I spec'd prot after a lot of frustration with being unable to get in groups, did a shadowlab run and got to the first boss (I don't remember his name anymore, looked like the devil I think). I was at 12000 health with a priest healing. If you remember, this boss doesn't fucking do anything the entire fight but knock you back sometimes, and swings for about 2k....I literally watched myself go from 12k health to 0 health without one heal, and I was just sitting there typing "HEAL ME, HEAL ME." I did not get a heal despite how fucking long he had to heal. I was so angry I left that group immediately after, and soon quit the game for good after that.

There's just no excuse for being that bad. The reason I liked being a DPS warrior was cause of how fucking powerful I was, I could literally shave off an hour or two to 3-hour runs just on my DPS. If the healer is fucking shitty, I just kill the boss in half the time it usually take to kill it, so the healer works less. Whenever I went into pugs as a Prot warrior, I had no control over the speed of the run whatsoever, and I just had to sit there and watch everyone fail at their class time and time again, and have no power to compensate. Fuck that.

/game

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 08-13-2008

Vatican City State SilentBob
Jay's hetero life-mate
 SilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too longSilentBob has been here far, far too long

I miss my rogue already.

SilentBob has 6,618 Posts

I would like to note that while Ron Paul is remarkably honest, he is just one man. One (possibly) good President won't fix all of our problems. It's okay to be interested in him, but he's not the messiah of the US.

pm.gif   

Old 08-14-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Well, as for healers and tanks, they're support classes. It can be a bitch to get a bad group, because you're often at the mercy of others' abilities. It can be fun if you get a good group, which basically requires a guild so you can guarantee quality.

However, in PvP, Warriors are not these terrible useless things you apparently believe they are. A PvP Warrior rolls anything that doesn't cast spells. I don't mean like, "a little bit, maybe", I mean if I see a Warrior coming and I don't have all of my cooldowns at my disposal, I can pretty much hang it up. I've got over 2k AP and it won't matter. He'll Charge, Hamstring, Rend, Whirlwind, Mortal Strike and it's all over but the crying. I might be able to take a massive chunk of his HP, but there's a clear winner every time.

It's the same with Enhance Shammies, Priests, Warlocks without Voids, on and on. Of course, a Mage, Ele Sham, Warlocks with Voids, and maybe a Spriest on a lucky day could give you problems. But not for long.

pm.gif   

Old 08-23-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Healing in WoW really takes full concentration. I always remember other raid members fucking around while the healers tried to clean up their mess and getting blamed after the wipe. If there was a concept that my old guild didn't understand it would be threat management. Getting yelled at for the incompetence of our DPS always pissed me the fuck off. I wanted to scream into the mic "It's not my fault you died;, it's your fault because you just got aggro on a boss that hits for 7k on plate!"

I think the root of the problem though lies in the fact that my old guild and server in general weren't as concerned with progression as they were with loot. My guild always went for the easy bosses and would never do a boss if it was too hard. I'm definitely transferring if I play the game again. I don't know if I will play a holy or a shadow priest as of yet, though. Healing is incredibly meticulous and a lot less rewarding than dps.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 08-27-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Healing is incredibly rewarding in decent guilds. There's usually upwards of 10-15 DPS in a 25 man, and it's neigh-impossible to get loot on most rotations. You may kill 5 bosses and get 8 DPS pieces--upgrades are coming slow. And there's always some tard that's trying to roll for his offspec (Warrior / Healer hybrids). Not to mention that every class was given a DPS spec so they're not totally gimped in solo PvE, so you're always fighting off shittons of re-res trying to ride coattails.

Healing you get a shot at gear nearly every drop. 5 healers in 5 bosses means a around an 80% chance healing gear is going to drop and you're going to have a shot at it. You just need to get away from noobs who think that people dying is the healer's responsibility to fix. In most good guilds healing is measure on a qualitative scale--"is X heals per second coming out? If yes, not healer's fault". Oftentimes you can whip out "Damage Taken" graphs that show when people are putting too great of a load on healers because they can't figure out how to avoid standing in fire.

pm.gif   

Old 08-27-2008

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

we had a macro for one guy that a few people would hit that said "GET OUT OF THE FUCKING FIRE GIMMLY" whenever he stood in it.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun