Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-23-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns
Default WoTLK Beta Talents

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...dex/wrath.html

These new talents are insane! I was reading through the priest talents and ended up wondering if they'll ever run out of mana at all. The PVP talents are equally as crazy. Fire mages will have the ability to turn other players into bombs, Baron Gedden style!

This worries me though. People who spec for PVE are going to have a massive disadvantage in pvp combat. Imagine trying to farm and stuff on a pvp server when mages can freeze you and put you in a 5 second stun that does 1.5k damage. Rogues also get an ability when specced subtlety that will cause them to re-enter stealth every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. 4 ambushes in around 11 seconds? I don't see how you could stand a chance.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 08-24-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

All I care about is my warlock can now fuck Pallys up now. Even when they blow their bubble.

Chaos Bolt ftw.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 08-27-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

If you go destruction you might as well saw your balls off and put them in a blender. That's the worst tree by every stretch of the imagination.

As for Rogues, yeah they're going to be awesome. But one DoT means it doesn't work, and most smart players will blow their survival tac when Rogues do that. Iceblock, bubble, etc. means GG. It's going to be hella complicated PvP, that's all I can say. As for "spec PvP or you're screwed", I really don't see the difference now.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-28-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

And that's your opinion, which is heavily colored by PvP, which holds absolutely no real appeal for me. PvE it's fucking awesome. Yes I noted being able to blast a Pally on bubble, but frankly anymore the only PvP I do is World PvP, where Destro, one on one, does decently well. Of course I'll be hoping to the gods that they don't have a rogue nearby.

Kill The Grand Rhubarb!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhand View Post
And that's your opinion, which is heavily colored by PvP
Actually, no, it's the opinion of the Elitist Jerks math nerds over on the EJ website, which analyzed the trees for both PvE potential and PvP potential, and the conclusion was that the buffs to Demonology and Affliction were so substantial as to make the reworking of the Destruction tree nerflike.

And by the way, I seriously doubt you do any PvP whatsoever. Destruction in PvP is complete and utter garbage, you'll be rolled by just about anything that comes along. After you blow Death Coil into Fear, they trinket and that's pretty much your ass. Mages can counterspell, Warriors can stance dance, Rogues have immunity at the click of a button, Shammies have totems for literally everything you can do, Spriests are an even match. Paladins wreck Destro and so do Druids. They can slam quick heals and wreck your face. Demo SLSL is the default PvP spec for a good reason--it's ridiculous survivability and high life drains. A Paladin is your bitch in PvP regardless of his spec when you're SL/SL. You don't need Chaos Bolt for anything.

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Isn't destruction meant to be the PvE spec anyways? I mean, warriors aren't complaining about not being able to kill people easily as protection spec.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 08-29-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Yes, it is. But it was Mr. Blackhand's position that it was a viable PvP spec, after telling my that "my opinion" was jaded by my obvious PvP slant (I raid, I have about 1/3 of the PvP gear that I do PvE gear). Not to mention that EJ has already pointed out how Destruction as-is is simply no longer the PvE talent tree of choice.

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2008

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

i think the best change so far is the removal of warrior mace stun. it pigeon holed a lot of warriors into having to sue maces to compete, and made very bad warriors seemingly play very well all because of lucky stuns. i think warriors are going to be bigger powerhouses than they have ever been with this expansion. most classes are getting abilities and talents that are absolutely amazing. warriors at first glance don't seem to be getting anything particularly amazing, but just wow.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  

Old 08-29-2008

You Want My Shoes?

god shut up typhun, you're making me itch

i should get on a ptr and check it out

edit: SERVER'S DOWN, MAJOR PATCHING? OH GODS

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Actually, no, it's the opinion of the Elitist Jerks math nerds over on the EJ website, which analyzed the trees for both PvE potential and PvP potential, and the conclusion was that the buffs to Demonology and Affliction were so substantial as to make the reworking of the Destruction tree nerflike.

And by the way, I seriously doubt you do any PvP whatsoever. Destruction in PvP is complete and utter garbage, you'll be rolled by just about anything that comes along. After you blow Death Coil into Fear, they trinket and that's pretty much your ass. Mages can counterspell, Warriors can stance dance, Rogues have immunity at the click of a button, Shammies have totems for literally everything you can do, Spriests are an even match. Paladins wreck Destro and so do Druids. They can slam quick heals and wreck your face. Demo SLSL is the default PvP spec for a good reason--it's ridiculous survivability and high life drains. A Paladin is your bitch in PvP regardless of his spec when you're SL/SL. You don't need Chaos Bolt for anything.
...I never said anything about being viable in PvP apart from dealing with pallies. And yes, I barely do any PvP, never really have. And when I do I do get rolled (even accounting for my horrible lag). I never claimed to be good at it.

Yay for ripping a fun exclamation based on 15 minutes of talent study 6 or 7 new assholes just because it didn't waste 3-4 hours number-crunching.

Also, I was mistaking you for one of the people who were whinging about Arena strats for 4 spirit-crushing pages a month or so back. Sorry.

Kill The Grand Rhubarb!

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Fuck I didn't do the math either, I just let those guys over in EJ do it. They've apparently got nothing better to do, I just check their work. However, it looks like the tree has changed a little, it looks they're going largely fire with Destro now. I wonder if it's going to turn green.

pm.gif   

Old 08-30-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member

There's an Inscription spell to turn it green. I will freak if they make it standard.

Kill The Grand Rhubarb!

pm.gif