Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 05-13-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!
Default Blizzard takes action on Win-Trading

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
Original post.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=21903
And a related post.

There's a lot of win trading my on server. Hell a guy in my guild was jsut bragging about he charges people gold and lets them on the team.
Glad they finally did something about it. Classic Blizzard style too, mass ban overnight.

Quote:
A win-trader received this mail from Blizzard:

Greetings------,

Account Name: -------
Realm: ------
Character Name: ------

Account Action: Account Closure
Offense: Arena Exploitation - Win Trading

Details: Player was verified to have been participating in the trade of Arena Team wins to artificially inflate their or another team’s Personal and Team Ratings.

Arena Currency Removed: ----
Item(s) Removed:
Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge
Vengeful Gladiator's Slicer
Vengeful Gladiator's Shanker
Vengeful Gladiator's Quickblade
Vengeful Gladiator's Pummeler
Vengeful Gladiator's Mutilator
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Tunic
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Legguards
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Helm
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
Vengeful Gladiator's Bonecracker

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 05-13-2008

Czech Republic Dragon Master
/wrists
 Dragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortals

It's funny how these people think blizzard won't notice the fact that they have all greens except vengeful shoulders... but they do. Happened at the end of s2 and s1 as well.

Dragon Master has 848 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

It's hilarious. You should see the forums FLOOD with tears.

OMG U RUINED TEAM JUMPING
OMG U TOOKT MY STUFFS
OMG MY GAME BLIZZ FUCKT IT

It's really funny how people are arrogant assholes charging people 1500G OR GTFO whenever they think they're getting away with it. Then when they're caught Blizzard is ruining everything wah wah wah.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Yeah I love watching people in ogr that are just walking around naked now b/c of all their stuff lost.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 05-16-2008

United States JSMaTT
Power Abused
 JSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than you

Good Riddance

JSMaTT has 1,951 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to JSMaTT  

Old 05-16-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Zolf
¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?
 Zolf is on a distinguished road

Hahahaha I havent notice anyone naked on my server. They just probably commited suicide.

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2008

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

yea man, good. the team jumping kinda ruined my fun though, i jump around on teams on both my characters all the time, and it isn't for gear. its just to fuck around and help/play with whoever.

and holy fuck, jsmatt.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  

Old 05-18-2008

United States JSMaTT
Power Abused
 JSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post

and holy fuck, jsmatt.

Hi.

How goes it?

JSMaTT has 1,951 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to JSMaTT  

Old 07-05-2008

United States Sambo83
This user has been banned because Blizzforums does not tolerate racism.
 Sambo83 is an unknown quantity at this point

We sell personal rating all the time. In fact we're selling it right now.. 1000g for 1800. And.. some lower price we haven't set yet cuz we haven't had a customer for 1700 :P

It's not against the rules. We do it 100% legit, playing 3v3 with the person we're selling to. What people got banned for is trading wins.. which means the same people making 2 teams and queueing against yourself, intentionally losing on one of the teams in order to bump up your rating on the team you're bumping up. That's illegal and results in 72 hour ban and gear being removed :P

(The guy who got his account closed in your post must have had previous infractions.)

pm.gif   

Old 07-05-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Granted I'm not really into Arena Ratings and stuff, but wouldn't this suggest otherwise?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73993258&sid=1

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 07-06-2008

United States Sambo83

No? I'm not even sure what part of the blue post you're referring to.

pm.gif   

Old 07-06-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

regardless it's all pretty fucking lame; and blizzard will get around to nerfing it, or just punishing people for it eventually.

personally I wish they'd implement a damn spam filter or something, like something that doesn't let level 5s or below speak in trade, or catch the funky spams that use numbers for letters.

oh yeah, and quit fucking around with balance changes for PVE because of PVP play in the Arena.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 07-06-2008

United States Sambo83

Well.. from blizzard's standpoint, it's much easier to balance the classes for pvp. They can then go back and fix PvE balance by modifying the encounters. That makes a lot more sense than trying to balance the classes for PvE and PvP at the same time.

pm.gif   

Old 07-06-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

except they haven't gone back to pve balance at all.

for instance, why the fuck does cyclone have DR in PVE?

You can chain fear something, shackle it, or even sap it (all of which last a hell of a lot longer then cyclone does anyway), but god forbid you try to cyclone it! (6 seconds, 9 if you take the time to recast it).

Hell, I don't even play that hardcore, and I can see it clearly.

It's fine they want to balance PvP (to me it seems like an endless round of nerf bats and buff sticks though, rofl), but why should these changes filter over to pve play?

Was it really op that I could cyclone someone from 30 yards away during a quest? >.>;;

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 07-06-2008

United States Sambo83

Quote:
for instance, why the fuck does cyclone have DR in PVE?
I think this is because they decided to put cyclone on the same DR as rogue blind. And blind has never been able to be chained in pve.. like if you have 2 rogues in a group, the first rogue's blind will go 10 and the 2nd rogue's would only be 5 if he chained it with the firsts.

Quote:
Was it really op that I could cyclone someone from 30 yards away during a quest?
Does it really matter though? You can probably complete your quest even if you don't have cyclone without any difficulty.. I guess the thinking is that changing cyclone to 20 yards has a huge affect on pvp and a reletively minor impact on pve..

pm.gif