Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: What the fuck guys

That's not the full story of it Dave. Sending me stupid pm's and trying to somehow talk me down over the internet crosses so many lines in my book that i flipped out on him. It is not your right at all, whatsoever, to post those pm's in a public forum. Imo, you've crossed lines yourself by creating this thread. I assume that HV didn't send you his other pm, after his initial one, did he? So im assuming you don't know the whole story of what went on.

Listen, as one of the "elder" members of BF, i really, really fucking don't appreciate having these goofy ass pm's and some stupid ass unnecessary drama sent to me. I dont need that shit and quite frankly i believe i am fully justified in my actions. If you don't like it, don't visit BF. Bottom line. I dont visit this site so i can read through bullshit threatening private messages. If you really want to know what went down after that shit, just pm me and you'll know.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-17-2009

Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Ace, I'm sorry if you feel that your privacy has been invaded by my making of this thread. But I also believe that if you listen to someones underlying theme, or if they explain how they feel that their basic Human needs are violated, we can all understand each other and all come across a compromise that could solve every problem we now see.

I suggest we let HV speak for himself for this one. Give him a chance to explain himself. He really isn't a bad guy.

DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой

Hidden Content:

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
But I also believe that if you listen to someones underlying theme, or if they explain how they feel that their basic Human needs are violated, we can all understand each other and all come across a compromise that could solve every problem we now see.
Dude what the hell are you talking about? This is the internet, there are no "basic human needs". There's just a level of decency expected in the way one conducts themselves, as outlined in the Blizzforums FAQ, and if you transgress against that FAQ, you get banned. Simple as.

Quote:
I suggest we let HV speak for himself for this one. Give him a chance to explain himself. He really isn't a bad guy.
So he can say what? "Oh my raging nerd hormones got out of control and i sent multiple people awful private messages?" There's no justification for his actions, he crossed lines and he got banned. That's really all there is to it. This isn't a democracy, as has been pointed out numerous times, it's a system where if you don't obey the rules, you don't get the priviledge of being a BF member. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Someone just Zolf, DavetheRave and HV already and lets get on with it

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-17-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Personally, I don't think Dave is as frustrating as HV. He says some pretty stupid things occasionally but I find it pretty funny tbh

HV could be a pretty cool guy if he didn't pop the top whenever anyone disrespects him, if he just went with the flow then he could fit in

Probably

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 02-17-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

You know what they say about assuming...

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

HV has nothing to explain to any of us. Especially when he doesn't even understand what's going on. He sent me a PM about my post in this thread. He assumed I meant that he could get infracted for the same post. (which, technically, he can). What I MEANT was that he could get infracted for the same action more than once.

Just wanted to clear that up.

That being said, BF has had some assholes here. Some of which, have been here a long time. Doom and GA and Kenji are three I can think of. And we tollerate them, because, in general, they aren't THAT bad. If HV has been banned twice in the span of a month, then there is SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIS POSTS!! Clear as day.

And Dave, I have a feeling you're walking on thin ice as well. I suggest you shut up, sit down, and try to fit in. The ride will go much smoother.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
When a Moderator bans a member, they surely must have some sort of reason, and logic.
Logic is not something I would attribute to HV.

Quote:
Would I get a ban for publishing this thread? Possibly, because some people might consider this thread an act of direct violation to forum rules or, they might also think that this thread is an act of idiocracy --
This thread is against the rules, insofar as, we don't discuss bans in public. However since it's clear that HV doesn't care about this becoming public, then let's talk.

Quote:
[/i]Now to my knowledge, HV was banned around a week ago for being hostile towards some members. But now, he is banned again. Banned a week later for the same reason, that was supposed to have been in effect a week ago.
Just to make it clear here, since HV seems to be under an erroneous impression, when you are banned or infracted, the reason you are banned or infracted doesn't maggically "disappear" and give you a clean slate as soon as you get back. You don't get to act like an innocent when you get back and we come down harder on you then we would've in the past.

Quote:
So what would I, and other people in this forum think if I was banned for the exact same reason, not worse than what I should have been [i]banned for during the time I have broke the specific violation?
protip: You're record is NOT cleared as soon as your ban is up or your infraction is expired. Would it really make sense to give someone who's continually breaking the rules a chance? Furthermore does it make any sort of logical sense to give this person a chance when they show no interest in even attempting at modifying their behavior?

Quote:
"I'd type something else, but you've heard it all"

Right there. I think that your inability to even come up with a valid reason as to why HV was banned, is considered foolish.
It's the truth! Almost every single senior staff member has communicated with HV in one form or another asking, warning, pleading with him to stop acting like a complete jerk. The truth is that HV has heard it all. We've made multiple attempts at communicating with him a desire to stop disrespecting other members.

What do we get in return? Insults. Ignored. Confusion. It's not my fault that HV won't (can't?) understand the underlying issue here.

Quote:
This comversation took place between Ace and HV.

In the end, Ace is the one who wishes death and the beatdown towards HV.

HV then gets banned for something that he was told? Or wished upon?

And so, I conclude with this statement:

The fact that you are searching for new moderators is good--you need them. You need to find new moderators, and remove many of the old ones that dwell here.

You need to fix the corruption that some of the mods have, such as:-

Banning without legitimate reason
Banning without logic
Deleting a post for no legitimate reason/logic

Do your jobs the right way, mods.

For example, you ban a guy in here for nothing, but then you let a thread in Chit Chat be flooded with pics of girls? We have a separate thread for that in another forum discussion....

Maybe be more active once in a while, and jump into a conversation when there are offensive posts made. Have some control in here, otherwise this place will turn out to be a copy of 4chan, if not worse.

[/left]
You know what my favorite part of that whole tirade is? The part where you pick and choose which parts of a PM to show, and which parts of the discussion to repost here. First off doing so without the permission or myself or Ace is just wrong. Private Messages are supposed to be that -- private. I'm not going to sit here and repost what Ace PM'ed me, or even what HV pm'ed me.

However if you really want to discuss what happens in a private a message, then perhaps you should ask HV why the fuck he thought the following was appropriate:
You know what? No. I was going to stoop down to your level and publicly post one of the single most negative and hateful things I've seen posted anywhere but unlike you I respect the privacy of others.
You want to pull this out into the open? Fine. You explain that to me and why I should sit back and let something like that go by without comment. You should also all be interested to know that HV apparently sent this to another member while he was carpet-bombing every staff member he could begging to be unbanned sooner.

You ask HV to show you what he PMed a member back during his last ban and tell me it was appropriate.

Quote:
First of all, it's his opinion on islam. An opinion is an opinion, a hostility is different. Banning someone for their opinion is wrong. If he got banned a week ago, for being hostile, and serving his time then OK. But getting banned again, for something that happened a week ago, that he already served time for? That is not something I expected from BF. I thougth BF mods would be professional, but now I am dissilusioned and convinced that they are the same people like Demon, DS, Darth, DE, DZ, and other nutjobs on this forum.
He wasn't banned for his opinion. He was banned for how he goes about expressing that opinion.

Quote:
HV is a member of Bf just like you, me, and LoA. He should be treated with equally. Just because his opinions differ yours does not mean he deserves a ban.
Again. He wasn't banned for his opinion.

Quote:
And if his talk about anti-islam is so unnverving to you,

do you ever realize all the anti-jew jokes you guys throw around? Maybe you guys should all get banned for throwing indirect ethnic slurs and religious steriotypical jokes that cam be indeed very offensive.
There's a difference between joking and hatred/fear. What HV posts is more akin to spewing hate, propaganda, and spreading fear. We don't allow people to sit around and post racist threads. We don't tolerate hate in any form, so why should we just sit back and allow HV to continue his Jihad against Islam? There are communities that allow that kind of talk -- however BF isn't one of them!

Quote:
Ace, I'm sorry if you feel that your privacy has been invaded by my making of this thread. But I also believe that if you listen to someones underlying theme, or if they explain how they feel that their basic Human needs are violated, we can all understand each other and all come across a compromise that could solve every problem we now see.
You had no right to repost private messages between Ace, HV, or myself. "Basic human needs" -- spare us all this drivel.

Quote:
This isn't a democracy! It doesn't matter what he would say in a public thread, because it would not matter in the least. You don't like that he was banned? Fine. You have the option of leaving if you don't like the way this forum is run.

HV has the option of communicating with the staff about his ban. He bitched me out over about 8 PMs last night, then I went to bed. I assume he's now trying to contact other staff again in an attempt to get unbanned/paint himself the victim/make me out to be some horrible moderator.

I just don't understand how anyone who doesn't know whats going on can sit there and defend the actions of someone so negative and hateful.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums AJ
Administrator
 AJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwns

This thread really needed to be closed before Neo's response.
Anyhow, I congratulate you both on creating a thread that has too many long responses for me to fully read through - it doesn't happen that often.

The simple fact of the matter is that in his non-democracy decisions are made that sometimes affect users who then choose to try and tell their tale to another in hopes of this exact thing then occurring.

In the future, let's make sure and remember the simple rule that bans are not discussed with those outside of the staff and the banner member.

AJ has 2,189 Posts

here's to the crazy ones..

pm.gif   
Closed Thread