Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum Provide feedback (good & bad!), ask questions and hopefully get answers -- all in here.

Old 09-19-2008

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win
Default Bug involved with report user/active users in thread bar

I sent this to Neo, but he doesn't seem to know what it is.

I reported someone last night, and right afterward, I was no longer able to see the info bar on the bottom of the screen showing who is actively looking at the thread.

I keep going to threads which have been responded to within minutes, and have not been able to find one thread with someone else in it. Now, this may all be coincidence, and they just happen to be empty every time I look, or somehow, I no longer can see the active users in a thread for some reason.

Any possible idea what's going on here?

I can see the activity bar on the main page, and each forum, just not in the threads. I have clicked on threads newly posted in, as well as clicked peoples names from the main thread and went to the last thread they were active in, and found nothing still...

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Option buried in Admin panel I'm sure, or a side effect of recent bugs.

This is effecting everyone, and has nothing to do with you reporting a post (it's just a coincidence :P)

We'll try to bug LoA about it, but RC is MIA for awhile longer, and AJ's off rock climbing, so I dunno. Traken might be able to track it down. D:

I'm sure it's either an option that was unchecked at some point during the recent tweaks, or it broked. heh.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 09-20-2008

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Option buried in Admin panel I'm sure, or a side effect of recent bugs.

This is effecting everyone, and has nothing to do with you reporting a post (it's just a coincidence :P)

We'll try to bug LoA about it, but RC is MIA for awhile longer, and AJ's off rock climbing, so I dunno. Traken might be able to track it down. D:

I'm sure it's either an option that was unchecked at some point during the recent tweaks, or it broked. heh.
Yeah, I was just trying to figure it out. It really seemed like something I did, because within minutes, I had it, then didn't have it.

At least we can narrow it down to last night though, around the time I sent you that PM about the reporting. Thats about the same time it happened. It was weird though, having it and then not having it, and having it in the forum/main, but not in the threads.

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 09-20-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Yeah, the sites been tweaked a bit, and recently upgraded, and then we also had some funky ass index issues that were screwing things up, so it should be easy enough to track down.

You know, for all you stalkers

Heh.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 09-22-2008

BlizzForums AJ
Administrator
 AJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwnsAJ simply pwns

Fixed.

AJ has 2,189 Posts

here's to the crazy ones..

pm.gif   

Old 09-22-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

the infraction postbit in the usercp is also having issues

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-22-2008

United States Sean Quixote
Naked and Fearless
 Sean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Anything specific, or just general "issues"?

Sean Quixote has 15,282 Posts

There is no other choice.
Ronald Reagan is the Devil:

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Sean Quixote Send a message via AIM to Sean Quixote  

Old 09-22-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Quixote View Post
Anything specific, or just general "issues"?
The admins know what I am talking about. In case anybody forgot,

http://www.blizzforums.com/showpost....8&postcount=19
http://www.blizzforums.com/showpost....00&postcount=3

I put in a request for this as far back as August 2007 and LoA recently promised me via PM that he would get to it but I think they forgot about it.

----------------
Now jamming to: Tenacious D - Tribute

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-22-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

it's just not that important, if you really want to fix it use a greasemonkey snippet or something.

but now that more people know about I'm sure it'l go in the long queue of things to be tweaked.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 09-22-2008

United States Sean Quixote
Naked and Fearless
 Sean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
"date", "expires", and "posted by" columns need to be twice as wide or have floating widths. otherwise it's being forced into two rows (see screenshot).
Nitpick much? Maybe that's just me though... *shrug*

Sean Quixote has 15,282 Posts

There is no other choice.
Ronald Reagan is the Devil:

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Sean Quixote Send a message via AIM to Sean Quixote  

Old 09-22-2008

Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Quixote View Post
Nitpick much? Maybe that's just me though... *shrug*
Yeah, it's just you. People complain about things that in no way cause any problem, like the PM button being shifted three or four pixels too high, and those get changed. In my case, I've politely and patiently brought up something that actually impedes forum function , such as me not being able to read my rep without unnecessarily scrolling through 9-month old infractions taking up more room than they should be.

LoA said he'd get it done, and I trust his word

----------------

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-22-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Again. If you are so annoyed with this issue, use greasemonkey and set the infraction element to "display: none;" or something.

is it really that big a deal that you have to scroll in extra like 5 lines because of a few <br />'s?

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 09-22-2008

Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Again. If you are so annoyed with this issue, use greasemonkey and set the infraction element to "display: none;" or something.

is it really that big a deal that you have to scroll in extra like 5 lines because of a few <br />'s?
i don't think i'm making a big deal out of it, you guys just keep replying to my posts so i have to say something. let the admins deal with it, it's their job not yours

----------------

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-22-2008

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Yeah I totally forgot about it. I'll put it back on the list.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 09-22-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

you know pizza, being a smartass isn't helpful.

I suggested a legitimate way to make this change for yourself, now, without relying on a yellow to step in and go through a template file.

there's no reason to get snarky.

Neo has 10,110 Posts