Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 12-22-2008

United Kingdom ChaosSmurf
Kerrigan's Appointed Pony
 ChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwns
Default StarCraft: Legacy Interviews Graham McNeill

(Click)

Last edited by Gradius; 12-22-2008 at 04:21 PM.
ChaosSmurf has 950 Posts

There appears to be a smurf in your forum.

pm.gif   

Old 12-22-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Sounds good. The section on Valerian will definitely help in understanding SC2.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 12-22-2008

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

Nice, I can't wait.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 12-22-2008

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Oohhh... awesome.

The novel is coming out next Tuesday. One bookstore near me already has 24 copies, so it shouldn't be late (like most novels). This is a big deal, as the next two days are holidays and I want to read I, Mengsk before work starts again

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 12-22-2008

ChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwns

Great, America gets it 24th, EU doesn't seem to get it until ... 2nd of february. Seriously, what the hell. The book is finished =|

ChaosSmurf has 950 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-22-2008

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

No, sorry, I mean the 30th. (I figured that's how the sentence would come out.)

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 12-22-2008

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimera757* View Post
This is a big deal, as the next two days are holidays and I want to read I, Mengsk before work starts again
I can drink to that. Nothing better than reading a new StarCraft book by the fireplace over the holidays.

Quote:
GM: I knew a bit about the StarCraft universe, but not as much as I needed to. Before I put pen to paper, I read all the existing novels several times over and dug out everything I could find on the net about the plots of the games, the characters and the unit types.

GM: Working out the chronology was a pain at times, as some of the dates I found on the net for certain events conflicted with one another, and trying to figure out things like why Arcturus would join the Marines given his fatherís vehement anti-Confederate stance involved some clever thinking, which all worked to the betterment of the novel.
Good to know. I'm glad that he took the time to sit down and figure this stuff out. I'll see if I can find a few canon errors though.

Quote:
And thereís lots of things in the book that fans wonít know; like the identity of Valerianís motherÖ
She was brought up in the Dark Templar Saga, as she and Valerian were on the run, but yeah, we don't know her identity.

Quote:
but writing dialogue for Little Dot, Arcturusís baby sister was a hoot.
It's too bad that Little Dot ends up getting killed by those 3 ghosts sent to assassinate Angus.

and unless I'm misreading the manual, she also got beheaded. *insert dead baby joke

Quote:
GM: I, Mengsk is actually the second story I put together for a StarCraft novel. I had one all ready to go that was set in the StarCraft universe, but didnít deal with game characters or storylines.
I wonder how many more unreleased novels Blizzard has under their belt....I know Rosenburg is supposed to be working on a sequel to Queen of Blades.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 12-22-2008

United States Visions of Khas
Savassan's Legacy
 Visions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortals

Drat... I've not read any of McNeil's works yet. A former friend bought me a couple Warhammer books based on the Horus heresy a while back, but neither was written by McNeil. They were pretty poorly written, too. Never been a big fan of WH40K. But this interview is encouraging. I look forward to reading this.

Visions of Khas has 493 Posts

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow
Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
Or is the shaping a culling and excercise in taming?
The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
But be wary through what thickets it winds.
-Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
As Translated by He Who Brings Order

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Visions of Khas  

Old 12-22-2008

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate

I've read one of McNeill's Warhammer books (not 40K) and I liked it. I'm a big fan of scaven, so I'm biased. I'm thinking of getting his Ultramarines Omnibus, but I'm not a fan of WH 40K Marines (they're not marines, they're supermen!). However, it deals with the tyranids, which I can hardly resist

Some of the WH40K books are good. So far, out of 40K, I've only read Gaunt's Ghosts (they're scouts, not psionic commandos). Good ... but long. I've seen that series described as Sharpe in Space, but I don't agree with that. (Mind you, the Sharpe series is pretty good, if you don't mind them reusing the same plot over and over and over...)

pm.gif   

Old 12-22-2008

Read Storm of Iron. It's awesome.

ChaosSmurf has 950 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-23-2008

United States Imperial Glory
BF Member
 Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!Imperial Glory is unstoppable!

I'm so psyched for this book. Can't wait.

Imperial Glory has 94 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-23-2008

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all

just placed my order @ amazon.ca. will be getting it this on the 26th

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

STOP BITCHING IN YOUR SIGNATURE
don't add this to your signature if you agree because then you would be bitching in your signature, dumbass

pm.gif