Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-17-2009

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all
Default Blizzcon 09 announced sc2 beta?

Quote:
Blizzard Entertainment® gaming celebration to return to Anaheim Convention Center on
August 21-22

PARIS, France -- February 17, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its fourth BlizzCon® gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Friday, August 21 and Saturday, August 22. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. In response to the festival’s increasing popularity, this year’s event has been expanded from three convention halls to four.

“We’ve been amazed by the incredible response to each of our previous BlizzCon events,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re pleased to be bringing the convention back to Anaheim this year, and we look forward to this new opportunity to meet Blizzard gamers from around the world.”

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities throughout the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

• Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games
• Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
• Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
• Community contests with great prizes
• Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
• A silent auction
• More exciting activities and attractions to be announced
Further details, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website, http://www.blizzcon.com, as the event draws closer.

To keep pace with the continued growth of World of Warcraft as well as development on other Blizzard Entertainment games, the company is currently hiring for numerous open positions. More information on available career opportunities can be found at http://eu.blizzard.com/en/jobs/
www.sclegacy.com

do you think sc2 beta will be announced officially at this time?? i think it will be. august seems ripe.

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

STOP BITCHING IN YOUR SIGNATURE
don't add this to your signature if you agree because then you would be bitching in your signature, dumbass

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Bosnia and Herzegovina mgcemir
BF Member
 mgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatness
Default Re: Blizzcon 09 announced sc2 beta?

not only will we be playing beta by that time but we will know what is the next blizzard mmo.

mgcemir has 296 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

One can only hope that it is true. However, I doubt we will see any MMO announcement at this year's Blizzcon.

What we will see is probably a new class for Diablo 3 and announcement of Starcraft 2 shipdate (provided Beta starts anytime soon)

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!

If Beta is released in August, then Beta will be the only fun taste of SC2 I will be able to enjoy. That would mean a possible 2010 release and conflicts with law school. Law school = barely any time for SC2. Thanks for the continuous delays blizzard

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

I'm hoping for the beta to start in May/June, and release date at Blizzcon.

But... It could be the beta announcement, which wouldn't be a shocker either. Lets just say its a deadline.

Was the WC3 beta announced at a convention?

Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

I wouldn't be surprised for a release date to be announced at BlizzCon. The playable SC2 demo there will most likely be the beta version.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States protoss wrath
Zerashk Gulida
 protoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatness

I heard that blizzard is planing to do a World Wide Invitational this year. Why would they announce Blizzcon when they haven't announced the WWI? Are they not doing it this year?

protoss wrath has 350 Posts

the dark templar are like the jedi of starcraft and zeratul is their leader!
STARCRAFT II IS COMING.....ARE YOU READY?
Robert clotworthy must voice jim raynor!

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoss wrath View Post
I heard that blizzard is planing to do a World Wide Invitational this year.
Telling us where you heard that might be kinda useful. WWIs seem to be the time when Blizzard likes to announce new titles.

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States protoss wrath
Zerashk Gulida
 protoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatness

just a clarifation on my last post: I didn't know if blizzard was doing the WWI as it has not been confirmed yet. A few sites stated that it was a rumor, i was wondering in my previous post if they were doing it that's why I asked "are they not doing it this year?"

protoss wrath has 350 Posts

the dark templar are like the jedi of starcraft and zeratul is their leader!
STARCRAFT II IS COMING.....ARE YOU READY?
Robert clotworthy must voice jim raynor!

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

I'm Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoss wrath View Post
just a clarifation on my last post: I didn't know if blizzard was doing the WWI as it has not been confirmed yet. A few sites stated that it was a rumor, i was wondering in my previous post if they were doing it that's why I asked "are they not doing it this year?"
I suspected that was the case, the sites with the rumors could have been referring to Blizzcon. Well, you know how accurate they are. WWI is probably still a year or more away, Im guessing thats when they should announce the new MMO.

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Zergums
Eating a Raw Dripping Ham
 Zergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwns

I'm hoping Beta before then, I've owned every Blizz game from the day there were released besides console/handheld and I can't wait for SC2

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!

Me thinks it's possible that they announced BlizzCon so early this year because it's a hint to when the beta will go public. I find it interesting that Blizzard's been talking a lot about the beta for the past few weeks and dropping hints all over the place and then they give us this.

TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment © is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Blizzard doesn't use big events to announce betas, they just announce them on their website when they are ready.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 02-17-2009

United States Blitzkrieg
BF Member
 Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!Blitzkrieg is dominating!

BETA to be announced in about 5 months time at Blizzcon. I'll put my money on that. It sounds about right.

lurk lurk lurker

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Malaysia SoFool
The Chinese Cerebrate +)
 SoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightened

There's a 0.001% chance that at this year's blizzcon they will announce sc2 is done & ready to sell LOL

(dream on~)

SoFool has 384 Posts

Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

pm.gif