Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-02-2009

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

sign me up for the 8th.

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 02-02-2009

United States SpaceDominator
BF's Poolmeister
 SpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKiller View Post
sign me up for the 8th.
I have you down. I also The Hawaiian down for the 15th as well. Forgot to mention that in my previous post.
-SpaceDominator

SpaceDominator has 729 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to SpaceDominator Send a message via AIM to SpaceDominator  

Old 02-02-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

Bah, President's Day is on the 15th?
I thought President's Day was this weekend x_x
I can only make it on the 8th, sorry for any confusion

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

BF's Poolmeister
 SpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by roegi View Post
Bah, President's Day is on the 15th?
I thought President's Day was this weekend x_x
I can only make it on the 8th, sorry for any confusion
Actually that works out even better for me as that puts me at 4 people on the 8th and 4 on the 15th at this point. So you did me a favor by moving up.
-SpaceDominator

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to SpaceDominator Send a message via AIM to SpaceDominator  

Old 02-02-2009

BF's Poolmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS_Deano View Post
When are you going to draw up the brackets SD? Curious to see who'll be playing who =p
Within the next two to three days. Every person who has told me they wanted in is going to be playing on the day that they wanted to play to this point(except for Lousy who told me he could do either). Basically what I'm doing is asking everyone who might be interested one by one, as I want to give everyone an opportunity to participate. I have a number of people yet to ask.

It does turn out that I will actually be gone for a large portion of the day on the 8th, so I'm going to try to ask a couple of my other BGNers who probably won't be participating to fill in that day. Honestly though, there isn't exactly a ton to do anyways except for watching the games and reporting who the final two in each group are. Although if there is a SC:S person that's willing to help out I'd definitely be willing to take on the help.

Also, to those of you that aren't participating in the actual tournament, perhaps you'd be interested in helping out with the broadcasts of the final series. I'm more than willing to give up my role of play by play guy and serve as a general host to the tournament show. All you really need is Teamspeak, a microphone and your opinions. We've done it in many different formats in the past:

1. Standard 2 person broadcast(play by play, analyst)
2. Standard 1 person broadcast
3. 3 person broadcast
4. Team Broadcasts: Essentially based on the concept of sports radio, where each team will bring their own radio crew in to cover a game. So one broadcasting team would cover it from player a's perspective and the other team would cover it from player b's perspective.

Don't get me wrong, they haven't exactly been the most polished or greatest things in the world. However, they have been a lot of fun and I think it brought some life to the party too.

Hard to believe a simple question would lead to that answer. :P
-SpaceDominator

Old 02-04-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Who are the worst players here?

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

BF's Poolmeister
Default BGN Invitational 7 Groups/Matchups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Who are the worst players here?
/me sheepishly raises hand

BGN Invitational 7 Groups:

I decided just to make things easier and cap it at the 8 people that I had already. We'll start getting more people in the future once the craziness of every day life starts to wind down a bit. Interestingly enough we have 4 BFers and 4 BGNers. The odd part is that we have 3 BFers and 1 BGNer in the group on the 8th and 3 BGNers and 1 BF player on the 15th.

Remember that in each group, we are playing double elimination. The first four series are bo3 with the final game to determine the runner up in each group will be a single game on Tau.

Here are your groups and the initial bracket:

Feb. 8:

Channel: op BGN
Match Start Time: 3:00 PM EST
Arrival Time: 2:45 PM EST

Match 1: SuperKiller vs Roegi(bo3)
Match 2: Benny vs Desastroso(bo3)
Match 3: Match 1 vs Match 2 Winners[Match 3 Winner Advances To Semifinals](bo3)
Match 4: Match 1 Loser vs Match 2 Loser[Loser is eliminated](bo3)
Elimination Game 5: Match 3 Loser vs Match 4 Winner(Single Game on Tau)
[Winner advances to semifinals]

Feb. 15:

Channel: op BGN
Match Start Time: 3:00 PM EST
Arrival Time: 2:45 PM EST

Match 1: Lousy.Cheesy vs Loophole(bo3)
Match 2: FatBoySr vs TheHawaiian(bo3)
Match 3: Match 1 vs Match 2 Winners[Match 3 Winner Advances To Semifinals](bo3)
Match 4: Match 1 Loser vs Match 2 Loser[Loser is eliminated](bo3)
Elimination Game 5: Match 3 Loser vs Match 4 Winner(Single Game on Tau)
[Winner advances to semifinals]

Elimination Round:

(the dates for these matches are up to the players as I will be willing to adapt them as needbe. Below is what I was originally thinking.)

Sunday, February 22nd - Blizzard Gaming Night(just relax, hype up the semifinals, etc..)

Sunday, March 1st - Semifinals Day(bo5 matches)
*These could be done the day of BGN, but I figured people might just want to enjoy playing the series of games for that. If so, we could then also push the championship series up to the 1st. I'm not picky either way.*

Semifinal Series 1: Feb. 8th Group Winner vs Feb. 15th Group Runner Up(bo5) @ 3:00 PM EST
Semifinal Series 2: Feb. 8th Group Runner Up vs Feb. 15th Group Winner(bo5) @ 3:00 PM EST

Sunday, March 8th - Championship Series(bo7)
(again all times can be adjusted back as needbe)
Semifinal Series 1 Winner vs Semifinal Series 2 Winner @ 3:00 PM EST
Championship Series Pre-Game Show would be live on the TS Server @ ~2:30 PM EST.

Full instructional details are available at http://www.swoopzone.net/bgninv7/. For the map pack, most people will have all of the maps if you have the iccup pack.

Should be fun.
-SpaceDominator

Last edited by SpaceDominator; 02-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Old 02-04-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

First round against a two-time first placer? :[
What server is this on? East?

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

So I'm representing blizzforums? Awesome I will try my best.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedominatrix
it does turn out that I will actually be gone for a large portion of the day on the 8th, so I'm going to try to ask a couple of my other BGNers who probably won't be participating to fill in that day. Honestly though, there isn't exactly a ton to do anyways except for watching the games and reporting who the final two in each group are. Although if there is a SC:S person that's willing to help out I'd definitely be willing to take on the help.
You can count on me!

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 02-04-2009

United States john_dough
 john_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant future

does fbs still play? woah!

john_dough has 220 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

Turns out I might be able to turn up and watch you guys bash skulls.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

BF's Poolmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by roegi View Post
First round against a two-time first placer? :[
What server is this on? East?
Yeah, it's on East. Sorry Roegi, someone had to take on SK first. Remember though it's double elimination.
-SpaceDominator