Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 12-13-2006

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...
Default Re: Tales of Avarice (Open RpG)

Viceroy Alec turned to his second, "Kiel, it's time to go". The silver robed guardian saluted with his fist over his heart and left the matrix chamber. Alec finally alone with his thoughts, sat in his overly comfortable seat and reviewed the day's events. As the first Viceroy of the free cities he was a very rich and powerful man. He was young, he knew, to be holding a position of such power but then again he wasn't a normal Draxian. He commanded the guardians, beings of such immense power that only 1 in 1000 learned to master their unique "skills" and move out of adolescence. But he was finally being tested. All of the Viceroys identites were carefully kept secrets and there were less than a dozen people in all of the system that knew the identites of all 7. Theorectically each vested viceroy had equal governing power in all matters but he had always dominated the politics of Avarice but lately 3 of the Viceroys had been planning something. It had all come to a head in coucil that earlier that day when the 4th vested Viceroy called for some rather drastic measures ensure the "purity" of the established metropolis. Genocide or purification of any kind wasn't high on Alec's to-do list in life so he naturally resisted. That had led to the dark energies being released.

"What are you proposing Dagos?"

"Purification is needed..."

"What sort of purification?"

"The kind that speeds up evolution... the strong will survive."

"No - we aren't gods - we do not judge, not that..."

The other Viceroys sat silently none willing to risk the wrath of the leader of the Awakened ones nor the wrath of the leader of the APD and it's secret underbelly.

"It's been done before..."

During the discussion there had been a com interurption, the 2nd vested viceroy nodded and the Crystal Chamber flared into life. It's powerful technology processed the huge ammount of information about the known galaxy and displayed the planets on the huge viewing screen. "Avarice - District K!" said the 2nd Viceroy. The screen shifted and zoomed in to the district. It was in complete chaos. ADP was swarming all over. And there seemed to be no end to the explosions and rifraff in the streets.

Kiel's voiced echoed in my head - "Viceroy - Second Command has requested reinforcement from Earth"

Damn - thought Alec. Just what he needed now. "Kiel - get the Awakened prepared - we may need them soon." The Second Command was the puppet government the Viceroy's had set up to preserve their identities. Someone was going to lose more than their job for this screw-up...

Alec brooded for a moment, his powers of foresight had failed him. With only a cursory glance at the other Viceroys he had stomped out of the Crystal Chamber - his golden eyes gleaming with an unnatural wrath.He barely noticed the other Viceroys leaving as quickley as. He knew that Dagos was up to something and Drago had much support from the older Viceroys... He need information and fast. This was turning into a catcylsmic problem. The Viceroy's all possessed some incredible power - whether it be in men, ships, arms, information, they were all Viceroys for a reason and none of them were to be underestimated.

His com pad beeped and Kiel's calm, cold voice said, "Viceroy we've landed."

Alec collected himself and said, "Kiel, change of plans, order the eleventh fleet into high orbit - cloakers on, and have my flagship prepared. Meanwhile send out our recruiters - we need... people that understand this city."

Alec wasn't going to sit back and allow this metropolis to be betrayed by those charged to protect it. It was time to plan and learn - carefully.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 12-13-2006

United States Randomdevon
Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

"Thanks," I replied, shaking his hand. I shut the door behind me. The man seemed nice enough. I was intrigued though, him and the girl (who was she?) both looked like they had been through quite a bit. Of course, the bombs outside could easily explain that. "If it take's a bit of work to get your ship off the ground, I'd be happy to help." I was a tad bit irritated by the delay, but I pushed it to the back of my mind. I had to fight it. The meds helped, but I had to keep it under control myself. I could feel myslef growing frustrated and irrational, but I fought it down quickly, and managed not to let my internal struggle show on the outside. With an external calm, I introduced myself.

"As I said, name's Jack Downs. I'm a doctor, surgeon actually, used to work in the E.R. until I got drafted. You know, you seem a bit familiar. Vincent you said your name is? Doesn't ring any bells. Perhaps I operated on you before or something."

That was true. Normally I lied about my identity. Jack Downs was my real name, and I had been a doctor. I had worked as a surgeon for five years before... well. Later I retired from the armed forces because of what was happening to me, and because of what I had done. I traveled around alot, hoping to outrun my own mind.

I looked the two over. They were pretty bruised up, Vince even had a serious cut on his forehead. "Hey, like I said, I used to be a doctor. You two look like you could use some patching up."

pm.gif   

Old 12-13-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

"Well, if you don't mind, Amelia, I'd rather he examined you first." He nodded to her, hoping she wouldn't mind. "Besides," he noted, turning his head back to Jack. "I'm fine. This cut's no biggie."

"Plus," he said as he walked back to the bathroom to grab his trenchcoat. "If we want to finish my ship, we'll need to get there right away. Nobody officially knows it's there, save for the guy who I paid to keep it there. All I need is fuel, some tinkering with the power generator, and I need to connect all the systems to the Master CPU. Other than that, I can have you up and out of here in...about a day? Maybe less." Returning with his coat in tow, he gestured to the single, now-shattered window. "Of course, if everything keeps going like this, we won't be able to leave due to the military presence. They'll lock down the entire colony. And believe me, my girl can't dodge everything."

Putting the trenchcoat on, he went to his computer. Grabbing a portable memory drive, he powered the PC up. As he waited, he nervously wondered where he recognized Jack from. He said he was a doctor untill he was drafted...but... His eyes widened. Could he be the guy at the ER that day? As he quitely pondered, he wondered even more if the 321st would be the ones called in. He hoped to hell they would not.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-13-2006

Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Alec paced back and forth on the bridge of his flagship, the Centauri. Kiel, his ever present shadow, was hooded and stood off near the centeral control panel.

Alec looked up as Kiel said, "The Awakened have arrived Viceroy."

Alec feverishly replied, "Excellent" Deploy the first 4 battalions on the surface, concentrate them around my manor but make sure that we infiltrate some of the locals too."

Kiel, ever the stoic replied with a stony salute. "It will be done."

Alec turned and pressed a button on his com,

"Admiral Nikol, move the 8-10th fleets into poition with the 11th - blockade the planet. Stay unseen. Allow all ships entering the atmosphere to enter but do not allow any ships without alpha 2 clearance to leave the surface."

The com crackled to life, "Yes, Viceroy."

Almost as an afterthought Alec said with sudden inspiration "Kiel, bring me Jenova..."

~LoA

Beloved.

Old 12-13-2006

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

Character #2

The Upper City had been secured, the Earth Space Forces had secured the location. Further, the middle city and the lower city were under the process of being secured. Of course, through various means. The ADP, however, had been regulated to assisting the Earth Spaces Forces. In essence, Earth Spaces Forces were in control.

I had previously seen the roster for the Earth Spaces Forces. It appeared that the forces were made up of entirely off-worlders. Mainly, those outside of the mars region. Especially in the more dangerous outer-rim sector of the frontier.

The Investigation Unit and I entered the communciation towers in the upper-echelon to see if anything had come on the communication line. Such as thermal readings, communications, and also survelliance tapes of certain regions.

Character #1

Captain Lucas had kept drifting from reality to illusion. His mind and eyes set both in the real world and in the world of imagination, his past. To an average person passing by, it would seemed as though he was dazed perhaps intoxicated by some drug or alchohol. This condition was so severe that Lucas could barely stand to walk much less eat.

(!!!! Yo JAS / RANDOM!!!)

It had been years ago, but his old guilt haunted him to this day. On Pluto, the goverment military forces operated its combat operation medical centers. On those centers were something competely horrifying and competely hidden from the public. The center were a sort of research center for the people there.

The center was full of injured soldiers, soldiers, doctors, and scientist. Those who controlled the Medical Centers was not the doctors, but rather the scientist. The E.R surgeon there performed in accordance with the scientists, despite their best decision not to. You couldn't question the goverment.

Lucas was an oversight officer, carefully watching and recording the operation. The 321st Legion was the most intersting and damaging operation to Lucas. The 321st was involved in a so called "rebel insurgency." The truth in fact was that the operation was a plan hatched by the scientist to test new biological weapons. In such, the rebels were given, through a third party, a number of new biological weapons. The rebels also the day following had followed negotiation with the Earth Space Forces goverment.

However, the military bases on the planet IDC (Identification Codes) had been changed. From hostile to friendly, this message was relayed to the miltary bases. Of course most of the officers had been informed and those who showed moral fiber were assinated. So in the end most of the forces on the planet were wiped out. The biological weapons were a success.

The following, was the most painful.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-13-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia shook her head. "I'm fine, thanks. But you should look at his head. I think he passed out in the bathroom because I found him on the floor unconscious. It could be due to the head injury." Amelia motioned to Vince as she talked to Jack. "My name is Amelia, by the way. I know he said it in passing, but we weren't really properly intorduced." Amelia jutted her hand forwardm, offering her hand for him to shake.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 12-13-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

"No, I passed out for other reasons. Seriously, I'm fine." Vinc began to get slightly agitated. He didn't need everyone knowing what had happened a few years ago, and he sure as hell couldn't explain something that serious very quickly. He wouldn't explain it.

The computer finally beeped, confirming it was on. He immediately began transferring the data onto the portable memory unit. Once the computer was done, all he needed to do was fry the computer, get to his ship, and maybe get off this goddamn rock.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-13-2006

Rule Through Vengence

Alec sat in the matrix room at his manor. He couldn't resist the urge to chuckle. Things were finally going his way. Jenova had been summoned from the dank bowels of the 3rd district where she ran an inconspicous temple there. She was Alec's best bet to infiltrate the other Viceroy's plans - of course she was also his daughter.

Jenova had left their meeting with instructions to conscript a team that could be... disposed of quickly if things didn't go according to plan. He had suggested checking the prisons and temporary detainees of the impure from his now complete blockade of the colony.

As a Draxian Alec always knew he had the full support of his home planet should he need more assistance, being a prince, albeit a disowned one, would be enough to summon his people to war.

He smiled as the matrix screen shifted to an orbital view of the moon.

~LoA

Beloved.

Old 12-13-2006

Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

I shook Amelia's outstretched hand. "Pleased to meet you." She looked fine, just a few surface cuts and bruises. I turned to Vincent. He looked agitated. With a glance, I diagnosed the condition of the cut on his head. It was bad, but probably wasn't bad enough to cause him to pass out. Must have been something else then. Maybe if he had been drinking alot the cut could have caused enough trauma to cause him to pass out, but Vincent looked sober. "Do you have any known medical conditions Mr. Denver? Because that cut doesn't look serious enough to cause you to black out."

It was wierd, I hadn't worked as a doctor for a while. Yet, I was suprised at how sharp I still was at my diagnosis. Maybe I would get back into the buisiness after things settled down a bit. My career had ended the night that... No, thinking of that was too painful. I blocked out the rising memory and waited for Vince's reply.

pm.gif   

Old 12-13-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Mr. Down wouldn't take no for an answer. At least, not without a reason why. Sighing, Vinc moved away from the computer, moving closer until his mouth was just shy of Down's ear.

Whispering, Vinc began to ask, "Mr. Down, you said you were drafted, correct? Do you remember a Lieutenant Trent Halberet? 321st Legion? If not, then I'll just have to ask you to forget what I said." Vinc leaned closer. "If you do, then perhaps the words 'Buchannon's Bacterial Bioweapon' may mean something to you - and I'd assume that you know that the toxins, chemicals, and hallucinogens necessary to fight off said Bioweapon are very capable of causing somebody to pass out. Even a 321st."

With that, Vinc backed away, hoping he proved his point. He walked over to the computer, noticing that the download was only 43% complete. He needed everything if he was assure that no trace was left behind. The Cadence II was nowhere near worth as much as what he had stored in the physical memory on this PC.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-13-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia scrunched her face up, confused. She couldn't hear what Vince was telling him, but it didn't LOOK good. She walked back over to the sofa and took a seat. Quickly jumping back up in pain she looked down and realized she was sitting on the razor she had brought out. Luckily it was just the handle that had dug into her skin, but she picked it up and put it in her pocket. When she sat back down she realized there was something wet running down her leg.

Looking down, she noticed that the once white bandage had now become a deep crimson and blood was trickling down her leg again. A few spots even soaked into the carpet below her feet.

Amelia looked up and noticed that the men were still talking. She tried to put some pressure on the wound, but the blood kept flowing. She didn't want to alarm them. Grabbing the razor, she cut the bottom half of her shirt off around her waist and tied it to the area as a torniquet.

Amelia was getting pale and weak and she realized that she didn't have much time.

Last edited by Meghan; 12-13-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-13-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Vinc, frustrated with the computer, turned around. He noticed Amelia was fiddling around - but it only took him a second to realize that she was in trouble, if her paling face was any indication.

Briskly walking over to her, he quickly assessed the situation: the wound was bleeding again. He didn't know why, but it required treatment. "Jack, if you've got anything to stop bleeding, or can cook something up to do the trick, now is the time!" Almost ripping off Jude & Sam's holsters, he pulled off the long-sleeve teeshirt, folded the bodily area up, and placed it over the other bandage. Looping the arms around her leg once, he looked back at Jack. "If you can't, just tell me now so that I can at least place some decent pressure here."

Meanwhile, an itching sensation slowly came to being. He wasn't noticing it now, but the blackened veins at the base of his throat, infected by the Buchannon bioweapon, began to grow and expand. The chemicals he had used before had not quite done as well as they usually did.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-13-2006

Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

I kicked myslef into action. I didn't have time to think about Vince's words. I dashed forward, groping around inside my coat. Pulling out a small kit, I opened it and withdrew a hypodermic needle from within. "Here," I said. I injected the medication into Amelia's leg just above the wound. Tossing aside the empty needle, I stood up. "That was a surface injection of Reduialin. It's a minor tissue re-growth micro-serum that should stop the bleeding. It will take a minute or two to start working, so Vince if you could keep pressure on the wound that would be great. Amelia, if it hurts too much I can give you an injection for the pain." Now, what was it Vince had said? Trent Halberet? I did seem to recall that name. Was hit by some pretty nasty bio-weaponry if I remember correctly. And yes, the anti-toxin probably would cause him to pass out.

A spined barb carrying poison bactirial viruses had lodged itself in the man's throat. I had been a field medic at the time, and had been at the operating table. Man was damn lucky to have survived; if it wasn't for the rebuilding he'd be dead. There had been some sort of fiasco with his superior officer, he was found dead on the floor with his head blown in, and Trent had dissapeared. Apparently Trent, or Vince now, had managed to keep the bio-chemical infection under control and stay hidden from the authorities for all these years. Impressive, that was some pretty serious will power.

I saw black lines of veins spreading along Vince's neck and chest. This wasn't good. I scanned through my bag and looked for something I might use. Nothing. All I had were a few painkillers, a few heart medications, my own personal meds, and some adrenaline. Wait, the adrenaline might at least keep the infection at bay for a while. Or maybe Vince had something to stop it. He had to if he had kept it under control so long. "Vince," I glanced at Amelia. It was obvious that she didn't know about his condition, and also that he didn't want her to find out. "You should go and look in a mirror, there's some dirt on your neck. I'll hold the bandage tight for you."

pm.gif   

Old 12-13-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

What was going on? Why wouldn't the wound stop bleeding? Amelia began to get dizzy and sick to her stomach. Vince had noticed her acting strange and came over to help her. She couldn't think straight. Her brain was lagging and the room was spinning. Dirt? What dirt? The voices were garbbled. She looked down at Vince, and noticed an odd looking splotch on his neck that was curiously growing. What the hell? Amelia took a deep breath, but the pain from the shot that Mr Downs had given her was too much to bear. Her eyes rolled back into her head, and she was out cold. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-13-2006

Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

I caught her as she slipped down. She was out cold. I took her pulse. She was still alive at least. The wound was still bleeding though. I tightened the bandages and tried to get Amelia to wake. I shook her softly, but she remained sleeping. I only hoped she pulled through. Why was her leg still bleeding though? The drug should be kicking in any minute. I looked up at Vincent. "How badly was she injured? When did it happen and how? I need to know; maybe there's something I can do if I know the details." God, this was just like Rose... No! I had... to keep... that memory... down. I let go of Amelia and collapsed to the floor, trying desperatly to stop from remembering. If I couldn't keep it under control now, everything would go wrong. A slammed my eyes closed and tried to think desperately of anything other than that painful night eleven years ago.

pm.gif