Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 12-04-2006

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tales of Avarice (Open RpG)

Tales of Avarice
by Eidoathanix, Props to Doom

Avarice. Located on Jupiters satillite, Europa, it is the crossroad from Earth to the far reaches of the galaxy. Its location makes it one of the largest populated zones outside of the Earth. Its location, further, makes it the center of commerce in the universe, making Europa a prime location for all sorts of economic ventures. This, however, makes it one of the most corrupt and dangerous place throughout the universe. The people in Avarice run the whole gambit. From the honest to decietful. From the poor to rich. From gamblers to President of companies.

To specify, the people in Avarice are human.

Now to you.

You are one of the people living in Avarice. Either the poorest to the upper levels of its society. This ain't a peaceful place, so you may die. However, its up to you what road you follow in the story. You can create as many stories as you wish. In short, its open-ended and in such you can interact with other people rping.

-----------
characters, there is none. Just rp your way into the story....

IC:

"Avarice. This blasted city of hell."

The apartment was lightly light by a a hanging light bulb in the middle of room. The apartment was lightly furnished by dilapated items. For examples, it had a couch with spots of leather torn out and the bed had springs coming out of the bed. Besides that the apartment smelled of odd mixture of fuel and rotten cheese. A smell that filled ever crevice of this little apartment.

The man living in the apartment had taken his one chair and placed in facing his window. Looking out past his window he saw his city of Avarice. The buildings all looked worse for wear, an odd sense of decay. With parts of building gone or cracked.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-04-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened
Default Re: Tales of Avarice (Open RpG)

Nothin' like home sweet home, says you - Nothin' like a good deal, says I, he mused over the cheap shotglass of cinammon schnape. Glancing near the TV at the far end of the room, he spied several people watching the local soccor games, roaring with both cheers and boos. Bet this will be another night of cops 'n brawls. Gulping down the horrible schnape in a single bound, he paid his due and headed for the door.

Stepping outside, he felt the temperature around him drop as he left the warm atmosphere of the bar, and entered the climate-controlled one of Avarice. Of course, the machines of the city never worked perfectly - nothing did around here. Without thought, he pulled out a pack of natural light cigarrettes, lit one, and replaced the pack back into his black trenchcoat. Lightly puffing, he carefully stuck his hands into the trenchcoats pockets, making sure that his pistol was still secure in the holster strapped to his leg.

Adjusting his glasses, he felt a little bit safer. A light breeze tossed his long, brownish-black hair to the left. Turning that same direction, he began walking to a familiar brown building, worn down and fitting of the scenery. It housed his small apartment, where he would go to rest before he checked up on the repairwork for his traderunner starship, Cadence II.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-06-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

A cold breeze set upon her icy skin that showed through the tear in her shirt. Her long black hair flowed around her face as she rushed across the alleyway. The moment seemed to slow in time and the hairs on her neck stood on end. Looking back, she watched as two very large men were chasing after her.

She turned her head back around just in time to see a man standing infront of her, holding a lit cigarette in his hand. Her eyes gaped as she collided with the man and fell to her hands. She gasped as she turned her head and watched the two men chasing her getting closer.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 12-07-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
A cold breeze set upon her icy skin that showed through the tear in her shirt. Her long black hair flowed around her face as she rushed across the alleyway. The moment seemed to slow in time and the hairs on her neck stood on end. Looking back, she watched as two very large men were chasing after her.

She turned her head back around just in time to see a man standing infront of her, holding a lit cigarette in his hand. Her eyes gaped as she collided with the man and fell to her hands. She gasped as she turned her head and watched the two men chasing her getting closer.
"Upphh--" he spat out as the woman collided into him. Cigarrette falling out of his hand, he stumbled for a second, unprepared for the sudden blow. Had he not seen the two thugs as he gained his balance, he would have kicked her square in the chest.

Forgetting about the cigarrrette, he quickly positioned himself between the woman and the thugs. Instinct and habit took over as his left hand tossed part of his trenchcoat aside, revealing his dearest possesion, resting in a holster near his spine: "Jude", his custom pistol - one of the many payments he had recieved by a wealthy "employer". Drawing her out of the holster, he stood so that his left side was facing the now-slowing thugs. Aiming his gun, he gave them a cold stare. Don't mess with me, pals, he prayed to himself.

The thugs stopped short of him. They stared at him, wondering who this new threat was. They produced a stun baton each, and chuckled to themselves slightly. Even if one got shot, the other would surely stab this fartbrain into fried meat, right?

Before either of them registered the percussion, Jude's round severed Thug #1's right middle and ring fingers, embedding itself inside (and disabling) the "shockrod". Thug #2's response was to try and stab Him in the forehead, killing him instantly. However, He had prepared for that, and quickly smacked the rod out of the way a moment later. As Thug #2 blinked in confusion, the back of His left hand smashed his nose in, spraying blood all over the ground.

Thug #1 wasen't to be outdone, however. Using his still perfectly-good left hand, he swung and connected with His face. Leering back, he flipped Jude around and smashed the butt of the gun into Thug #1's cheecks, sending him crashing to the ground.

"So, what will it be, punks? Want to die now, or live tonight? Your call." He stood, His arms now both hanging down from his shoulders. The two Thugs looked at each other quickly, and made up their mind.

As the two bumbled down the dark alleyway from which they had come from, Vinc holstered Jude and located his now-bent cigarrette. Puffing it, he tasted the natural flavoring as the cherry glowed a crimson-yellow mixture. Exhaling a few moments later, satisfied that the cig was still usable, he walked over to the woman.

Still on her hands and knees, she looked pitiful. Crouching down, he looked her as square in the eye as she would allow. "The names' Denver- Vincent Denver, Privateer and Independant. Do you have a name, ma'am?"

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-07-2006

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

The man stumbled out of his apartment, hitting the wall. Not once, but over ten times. His hand felt the wall around him in a vain attempt to grab a hold of something invisible. The man appeared to be intoxicated, whether by the latest drug or the old alchohol. The man pupil had shrunk his eyelids had shut closer. In his pupil, though, you could tell something wild was about him.

In his eyes, it was back in the day. When he was 24 year old and in the Earth Space Forces. He had entered the academy when he was 19 and left as officer.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-08-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.S. View Post
"Upphh--" he spat out as the woman collided into him. Cigarrette falling out of his hand, he stumbled for a second, unprepared for the sudden blow. Had he not seen the two thugs as he gained his balance, he would have kicked her square in the chest.

Forgetting about the cigarrrette, he quickly positioned himself between the woman and the thugs. Instinct and habit took over as his left hand tossed part of his trenchcoat aside, revealing his dearest possesion, resting in a holster near his spine: "Jude", his custom pistol - one of the many payments he had recieved by a wealthy "employer". Drawing her out of the holster, he stood so that his left side was facing the now-slowing thugs. Aiming his gun, he gave them a cold stare. Don't mess with me, pals, he prayed to himself.

The thugs stopped short of him. They stared at him, wondering who this new threat was. They produced a stun baton each, and chuckled to themselves slightly. Even if one got shot, the other would surely stab this fartbrain into fried meat, right?

Before either of them registered the percussion, Jude's round severed Thug #1's right middle and ring fingers, embedding itself inside (and disabling) the "shockrod". Thug #2's response was to try and stab Him in the forehead, killing him instantly. However, He had prepared for that, and quickly smacked the rod out of the way a moment later. As Thug #2 blinked in confusion, the back of His left hand smashed his nose in, spraying blood all over the ground.

Thug #1 wasen't to be outdone, however. Using his still perfectly-good left hand, he swung and connected with His face. Leering back, he flipped Jude around and smashed the butt of the gun into Thug #1's cheecks, sending him crashing to the ground.

"So, what will it be, punks? Want to die now, or live tonight? Your call." He stood, His arms now both hanging down from his shoulders. The two Thugs looked at each other quickly, and made up their mind.

As the two bumbled down the dark alleyway from which they had come from, Vinc holstered Jude and located his now-bent cigarrette. Puffing it, he tasted the natural flavoring as the cherry glowed a crimson-yellow mixture. Exhaling a few moments later, satisfied that the cig was still usable, he walked over to the woman.

Still on her hands and knees, she looked pitiful. Crouching down, he looked her as square in the eye as she would allow. "The names' Denver- Vincent Denver, Privateer and Independant. Do you have a name, ma'am?"
"Amelia." She pulled herself up off the ground and dusted her hands onto her pants, bending down slightly to dust the dirt off of her knees she winced and noticed a fair bit of blood coming from a hole in her pants. Brushing the rest of the dirt from her pants, she sighed and stood up.

"Thanks, Mr. Denver. I appreciate it. Sorry I nearly knocked you down. I'm not one to usually take charity, so how can I repay you for what you did?" She was short and to the point, almost as if she didn't have time to chat.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-08-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

"Payment? Well...I haven't really thought about that one. You know what?" Vincent dragged his cig, letting a cloud of blue-gray smoke leave them as he exhaled. "Don't worry about it. In fact, I'll give you something in return, Amelia. A bit of advice, if you want to survive your next encounter like that, without somebody like me around." Yet another drag of his cig.

With a short pause, he spoke. "Find a cleaner place to live than here. Get an education, a good job, and a clean life. As much as I like privateering..." He brought the cig up to his face. "...it's not pleasent. Hell, I can't remember what "pleasent" is anymore, so what am I even talking about?" Taking a puff, he looked at the cig. It was only half-burned, but he didn't want it anymore. As he forced the smoke out of his lungs, he flicked the cig as close to the nearest gutter as he could.

Turning himself back in the direction of his apartment, he spoke one final time. "Oh, and carry a gun with you if you're going to enjoy your stay at Avarice." Sticking his hands in his coatpockets, he lowered his head. "Good day to you, Miss." He then began to walk, his eyes focused on the pavement.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-08-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

Quote:
"Payment? Well...I haven't really thought about that one. You know what?" Vincent dragged his cig, letting a cloud of blue-gray smoke leave them as he exhaled. "Don't worry about it. In fact, I'll give you something in return, Amelia. A bit of advice, if you want to survive your next encounter like that, without somebody like me around." Yet another drag of his cig.

With a short pause, he spoke. "Find a cleaner place to live than here. Get an education, a good job, and a clean life. As much as I like privateering..." He brought the cig up to his face. "...it's not pleasent. Hell, I can't remember what "pleasent" is anymore, so what am I even talking about?" Taking a puff, he looked at the cig. It was only half-burned, but he didn't want it anymore. As he forced the smoke out of his lungs, he flicked the cig as close to the nearest gutter as he could.

Turning himself back in the direction of his apartment, he spoke one final time. "Oh, and carry a gun with you if you're going to enjoy your stay at Avarice." Sticking his hands in his coatpockets, he lowered his head. "Good day to you, Miss." He then began to walk, his eyes focused on the pavement.
"How can I get a job if I don't know where I am?", she sighed into the cold night. Walking over to the cigarette, she kicked it into the sewer. Turning around, she saw him still walking. Letting out a soft groan, she ran over to him. "What is this 'Avarice' you speak of? Is that where I am?" She asked, pushing for more knowledge about this strange place she had suddenly woke in.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-08-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Stopping dead in his tracks, his face flashed with a moment of surprise. Turning towards her, the implications of her questions dawned on him. "You mean that you don't know where the fuck Avarice is? Or how about the fact that you're in fucking Avaraice?" Taking out his pack of cigs, he quickly lit one and took a nice drag from it. He needed it now.

Sighing (and exhaling the smoke), he motioned to her. "Well, I guess I've just become my own gravedigger. Since it's obvious you don't have a place to stay around here, or don't know of one if it exists, I'm offering my place for you to use. I've got a couch I can sleep on, so don't worry about having to sleep with me." He chuckled inwardly, as the teenager in him always did. Taking another drag, he added, "If nothing else, you could sleep onboard my ship. If somebody comes lookin' for you, they won't look there. Not untill the look in my apartment first, and find the business end of my Jude." He patted the area of the trenchcoat where Jude was located underneath.

He turned his head back towards his appartment. "And besides, I'm offering two safe places to stay. And trust me, nobody gets aboard my ship without me either letting them in...and if that isn't the case, then they aren't getting aboard." This time visably chuckling, he looked at her agian. "So, what'll it be, Miss?"

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-08-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

"Thank you for your generosity. I will find some way to repay you. I guess I'll go wherever you are going." A slight smile fell across her face. She looked down and noticed a small pool of blood on her shoe.

"Do you have anyhthing to take care of this wherever we are going?" She asked, pointing to her cut.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-08-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Vinc thought for a breif moment. "Well, I have a first-aid kit at my appartment, yeah. I should have enough padding to put pressure on the wound while I wrap some gauze around it. We'll need to clean it before we dress before we do that, though." He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the memories that those thoughts started to bring up.

Satisfied that they were gone, he continued. "If you want it treated, though, we better get going. Besides," he motioned to the alleyway. "I'm betting those guys will send backup to get you - for whatever reason, I don't know." Speaking in a light voice to himself, he muttered, "I just hope helping you wont send me six feet under."

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-08-2006

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

"Look, Father, i don't give a shit 'bout your God, give me tha fuckin' Cross." Said the man in black military dress, the face behind his crimson visor was cold.

Father Deekin clung tighter to the golden cross and felt a slight comfort from doing so. With the courage of a thousand men, he looked up at the thug and put forth a front of calm.

"If you kill me, then you have my forgiveness." Deekin uttered. "But forget not, that you will be judged!"

The thug gave off a laugh and then spat in Deekin's face before smacking him over the head with the bass of his pistol. Deekin's aged body fell backwards onto the cold stone tiles that formed the chapel's floor.

"Yeah well. Looks like its ya time to be judged. Night, Father." Roared the thug in a sudden furry- it seemed as if Deekin's words had greatly offended him. He aimed the pistol at Deekin as he began to regain his height.

"You are forgiven. It is my hopes you will be redeemed by t-" Deekin's wise words were cut short by a sudden explosion from the doors towards the back of the chapel's seating area.

The thug turned with his gun in hand, only to see a torrent of dust and smoke come sweeping over him and the Father. He shielded his eyes with his forearm, cursing.

"APD! Put the fucking gun down!" Called several voices in unison from the smoke cloud.

"Fuck you!" Called back the thug, firing several shots blindly towards the back of the seating area.

Whilst all Hell broke loose, Father Deekin crawled behind the Altar and hid- still grasping the two foot-long cross of solid gold. Guns were blazing behind him as he focused on the stained glass infront of him and struggled to make out the images of Christ through the thick smoke that had filled the chapel. Most people would be praying that they wouldn't get hit by a stray bullet, or that the thug wouldn't find them and put a bullet through their brain, but not Deekin.

"Heavenly Father." Whispered Deekin to himself in prayer. "Lend not your intervention to me, but the troubled one- he needs your help most. Spare his life, so that he may be given a second chance."

"Fuck! Fuck! I give up!" Screamed the thug over the sound of gunfire. Deekin smiled and his heart lifted, there was hope for the man after all. He rose from behind the Altar and made out the vage figure of the thug rising up over his perforated cover with arms raised.

"Lay him!" Yelled one of the Police officers.

Deekin froze in disbelief as a shot came from the smoke and blew the thug's skull in two, sending a big gory mess over the floor of the chapel. In a selfless act of charity, Deekin ran down from the Altar and knelt in distress before the body of the fallen wrong doer, and murmered the last rites. Soon several masked gunmen closed in on him with gas masks and automatic rifles, the police had done it again.

"Why?" He muttered; the wind had been taken out of his words.

"You're in shock sir, hold on, the paramedics are on the way." Said one of the officers in distorted voice.

"Why this one, Lord?."

Deekin was soon lifted up by both arms and thrown onto a stretcher, though he was oblivious to the world around him..

Last edited by Rokdar Ironvain; 12-09-2006 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spell check

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

From off in the distance, Vinc heard the shouting of APD units. They were a few miles off at best. He was glad they were so far off - means that anything illegal happening here, which could always involve him, wouldn't be as much noticed - not for the time being.

He nodded his head towards Amelia. "You coming?"

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-10-2006

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix

Earth Space forces had been over twenty years ago, he was now living in the city slums. His income generated from slaving over in a Unix Factory. His income coupled with sick twisted mind and his blanant hate for any authority, had lead to build up a small arsenal of weaponary. Home-made and bought. With his previous expriences he would be deadly.

Quote:
From off in the distance, Vinc heard the shouting of APD units. They were a few miles off at best. He was glad they were so far off - means that anything illegal happening here, which could always involve him, wouldn't be as much noticed - not for the time being.

With twisted little smile and demented thoughts he plowed past a man in a trenchcoat. The man had fallen backwards. His thoughts grew more demented as the APD Units sounds grew closer and closer to his location.

He unsatcheled his bag and placed a pinneedled sized explosive on the ground, it was placed in a gridded formation for the best and most effective usage. Not only that, he took a blatantly dangerous object and threw in the middle of the road. A home-bomb. It had a enormous blast radius as well as raining metal sharpnel into peoples bodies.

As the police came closer, he swung into an alley. Using a grappler he got onto one of the roofs of the skyscraper artifical building. He took out his caliber massdriver weapon. He aimed.

As the police came...BOOM BOOOM. Bang.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

Quote:

Amelia nodded quickly, and they started running towards his apartment building. Amelia watched as a rather mischevious looking man ran past them and dropped Vince like a sack of potatoes. She turned her head in time to watch the man drop an explosive onto the ground. Grabbing Vince by his arm, and with an unbelieveable amount of strength, yanked him up from the ground, and pushed him out of the way. Following suit, they both ran as fast as they could, and could hear the bombs exploding in the distance. The force of the blast caught Amelias' back and she nearly toppled over, but managed to grab onto a wall before she fell.

"Let's go!" She shouted as Vince turned around to see if she was still there.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts