Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 01-05-2009

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedlife91 View Post
Oh, by the way, the North American Union will only cause more problems.
No, it will not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedlife91 View Post
Open the south up!!! Just make it easier and cut this argument in half and just open her up
Open the south up and begin forming the NAU. We don't need dirty bomb cargo entering the NAU/U.S. borders unchecked. Thanks.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-05-2009

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

For everyone bitching about labels and signs being in spanish, get the fuck over it. Companys decide to post in multiple langauges because they want there business. It is there choice. I can understand being frustrated over them coming into your job and you not being able to understand them, but if a company wants to do this it is there right. I also think this language gap is the most retarded and bigoted pile of shit of have ever heard. Thats just my opinion.

Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif   

Old 01-05-2009

Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

It's not that hard to learn two langauges. Even for slow learners. Come the fuck on, where's the effort people?

pm.gif   

Old 01-05-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Well I don't agree with the whole NAU thing or whatever but I don't think it would hurt to learn a new language.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-05-2009

United States lemoniealmonds
BF Member
 lemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatnesslemoniealmonds has ascended to greatness

sure thing I will try to contact her and see if I can get her to put it online, although haven't talked to her in 3 or so years... and I am very serious about that trust me your not the only one who was shocked when they saw it. Its quite an extreme view.

Yeah I agree about learning other languages...but I don't understand why they shouldn't do the same

lemoniealmonds has 95 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-07-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
For everyone bitching about labels and signs being in spanish, get the fuck over it. Companys decide to post in multiple langauges because they want there business. It is there choice. I can understand being frustrated over them coming into your job and you not being able to understand them, but if a company wants to do this it is there right. I also think this language gap is the most retarded and bigoted pile of shit of have ever heard. Thats just my opinion.
I never had a problem with private companies labeling in multiple languages. Hell, they should have the right to not even put it in English. My concern is public signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
It's not that hard to learn two langauges. Even for slow learners. Come the fuck on, where's the effort people?
I believe Americans should learn a second language and that it should be Spanish as it is the most useful here. However, my problem was people coming to this country and not learning English. I'd imagine you'd agree with me that they should learn a second language too (being English)?

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Immune to Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I believe Americans should learn a second language and that it should be Spanish as it is the most useful here. However, my problem was people coming to this country and not learning English. I'd imagine you'd agree with me that they should learn a second language too (being English)?
Sure thing, but it needs to go both ways. We don't have an official language an quite frankly I don't think we need one. Whichever language ends up naturally being more popular in the end will simply win out and that's that. Like... I don't think there ought to be a lot of whining about a language barrier or anything. Everyone ought to learn at least 2 foreign languages.

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Israel DaveTheRave
R.M. Dahl is my bitch
 DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!DaveTheRave is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

I think we should have guard posts set up as a perimeter around the borderline of Texas. Any illegal trespassers would be shot with a tranquilizer gun and sent back to where they came from. Problem solved with illegal immigration =]

And as for a second language, I don't really think Spanish should be forced onto people. I think Russian would be much better.

DaveTheRave has 1,085 Posts

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
Огромного неба
Коснуться рукой

Держаться за воздух
За острые звезды
И там над землей
Дышать им с тобой

Hidden Content:

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DaveTheRave  

Old 01-08-2009

Australia Zeitgeber
BF Member
 Zeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightened

The solution?

Take a firm Patrick Buchanan line, close the boarder and expel the illegals.

A massive influx of people who often refuse to learn the language of commerce and hold cultural attitudes that are basically designed themselves in poverty will only lead to a massively lopsided society with an immensely wealthy but dwindling white minority living amidst a massive poverty stricken Hispanic majority.

Seriously, the state is already going broke, the welfare system simply is not going to last. This is nothing like traditional mass migration to America, this is more akin an ethnic reclamation of the land and the expansion of Mexico. This is how millions of Mexicans see it.

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV
We need to blend the nations of Mexico, Canada and the US and slowly form a union and eventually one large nation
YOU DO NOT ANNEX ENTIRE UNINDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRIES UNLESS THEY HAVE RIDICULOUS RAW MATERIALS TO FUND THEIR INDUSTRIALIZATION. Stop talking out of your ass, taking over Mexico is one of the worst ideas on the face of the Earth. It would be more worthwhile to spend the next 50 years fighting in Iraq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbitch
tell me about it...I wouldn't be in the US now if I had a choice
Sheltered white girl alert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
You would try but nobody I know who ever lived in Japan (and thats a lot of people) ever learned Japanese and can speak it fluently. They learned just enough to get by -- exactly what the Mexicans do.
And after all, aren't your experiences a default basis for your every argument?

You argue that if Americans visit somewhere they aren't expected to learn the language and QED Mexicans that live in the States for multiple years and aquire jobs aren't either.

Her reply is that learning Spanish just because you wish to visit Mexico isn't comparable to Mexicans living and working in the United States for years and refusing to learn the common language.

Your rejoinder is that Americans you know didn't learn Japanese when they visited Japan.

What? Who the fuck was talking about Japan, or tourism? We were talking about illegal immigration in the United States and the refusal of said immigrants to learn the indigenous language. We're not talking about soldiers serving a tour of duty for a year and then returning home. Stop conflating entirely different words for purposes of excusing your demagoguery. This entire thread, along with your argument, is yet another one of your elaborate fantasy scenarios that serves no other purpose than giving you artistic license to indefinitely manipulate arguments that are byproducts of your raw feelings.

Fucking terrible.

Last edited by GenocideAlive; 01-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I never had a problem with private companies labeling in multiple languages. Hell, they should have the right to not even put it in English. My concern is public signs.
Why? How does this effect you in any way, shape, or form? Seriously. Is it a strain on your eyes to figure out which part of the sign is in Spanish, and which part is in English? If a sign is important enough to put up, I would hope the sign does as much as possible to reach as many of the targeted audience as possible. It would seem irresponsible to intentionally neglect such a large portion of the population because "Dem spiks need know Anglish!".
Quote:
I think all signs should be put up in English and Spanish, this would aide both sides in learning eachothers languages. It would be like taking Rosetta Stone on the road.

Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

Immune to Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
YOU DO NOT ANNEX ENTIRE UNINDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRIES UNLESS THEY HAVE RIDICULOUS RAW MATERIALS TO FUND THEIR INDUSTRIALIZATION. Stop talking out of your ass, taking over Mexico is one of the worst ideas on the face of the Earth. It would be more worthwhile to spend the next 50 years fighting in Iraq.
We need a police force to control population growth too obviously. The world obviously cannot sustain its current population growth for much longer. I'd just like to see things move closer towards the formation of a 1 world government, that's all.

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

The world won't have 1 government until a nation takes it upon themselves to kick everyone else's ass and annex them into a single country. Then they will go about cultural purging that will eliminate the fundamental differences that divide nations. At that point, yes, 1 government is sustainable and feasible. Until that point, there will always be at minimum 2 of everything.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

Immune to Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
The world won't have 1 government until a nation takes it upon themselves to kick everyone else's ass and annex them into a single country. Then they will go about cultural purging that will eliminate the fundamental differences that divide nations. At that point, yes, 1 government is sustainable and feasible. Until that point, there will always be at minimum 2 of everything.

So... Lets get to it then?

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

Australia Zeitgeber
BF Member
 Zeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightenedZeitgeber has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
So... Lets get to it then?
Europeans tried to do that for hundreds of years and succeeded fairly well in some parts of the world.

It's called Imperialism.

pm.gif