Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 06-20-2008

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Stories of Avarice.

The Stories of Avarice (Revised and minor reediting)
By Eidoathanix

The Stone Age.
The Bronze Age.
The Iron Age.
The Industrial Age.
The Digital Age.
The Space Age.
The Cybernetic Age.

Humanity has continuously reached and redefine the limits of their abilities. Once, Humanity was bound by the limits of their physical being. Once, Humanity was bound by the laws of nature, to fall ill or die at its whims. Once, Humanity was conquered by the seas. Once. However, Humanities has continued to redefine its limits. The limits of their physical being has been redefined as the ability to modify themselves. The laws of nature, sickness and calamities, have continuously been challenged and tamed. The seas are no longer a harsh and cruel. No longer are the travelers, of the sea, subjected to the will of the seas.

Humanity has now surpassed the limits of sky. Humanities have grown new wings. From the the oxygenated blue skies, Humanities has the entered the dark void of space.

Humanity this. Humanity that. What about the components of the whole?

To Avarice!!!!!!!!!!

Avarice is located on Jupiter's Moon, Europa. It is the crossroad from Earth to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. It's location makes it one of the most populated (permanent and transitory) outside of Earth. Further, It is the center of commerce in the Universe. It's people are a mesh of the honest and dishonest. It is a dangerous place.
><><><><><><

Who? What? Where?

Components of the whole, tell your part in the greater sense.

Tell us your story.

(START YOUR ENGINES)

Post to come later.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-20-2008

United States Traken
Viking Pillager
 Traken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than you

(OOC: Because I really enjoyed my character from last time, I'm just going to keep him going. I'm glad you brought this back, though.)

Lentin leaned back in the pilot's seat of his vessel kicking his feet up on the console while he waited for clearance to land in Avarice. Due to the large quantity of traffic in and out of this galactic hub, wait times could be long to get in and out when not on official business.

He smirked slightly as his eyes scanned through pages of names displayed on his screens, each with prices attached to them. Hopefully I'll be leaving with "official business."

Lentin was a Hunter, and a rather good one, he liked to think. He had successfully brought in countless marks (best not to refer to them as people, lest it get in the way of performance.) with very few instances that might otherwise mar his record.

The list he was scrolling through was the official bounty list posted by the Intergalactic Enforcement Commission, the main law enforcement of the region. An organization so bloated with bureaucracy, that it typically used Hunters to perform the majority of their bounty work. He had opened a particular file when his comm unit crackled to life.

"TK-421, you are cleared for landing in quadrant 4. Please follow the posted guides."

Lentin's smirk cracked into grin, but not due to him finally being issued clearance. He selected accept under the bounty, entering his particular Hunter ID, before turning to hit the transmit button.

"Thank you tower. That will do nicely."

As he turned his vessel towards his entry vector, he started whistling a particular tune that always seemed to crop up when he was in a good mood.

The hunt had begun.

Traken has 6,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbet
I don't give an oodnadatta if you can't gundagai my uluru. Feel pitjanjatjara to wolloomoolloo my wingecarribee.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Traken Send a message via MSN to Traken Send a message via Yahoo to Traken 

Old 06-20-2008

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

(OOC: I'm expanding upon my original character. New name, same infection. hehe.)

The air had a cold breeze that brought a chill to her bones. She kept her head down and walked swiftly through the sea of people in the market. Reaching over, she grabbed an apple off a shelf and shoved it in her pocket, hoping she wouldn't have been seen. She wasn't. Quickly, she moved to her left down an alley lit by street signs advertising "Girls Girls Girls".

She crept through an open door, and walked into the strip joint. Except for the music, there seemed to be no life to this place. She headed to the back, un-detected, and threw her coat onto the rack.

"You're late", a voice cracked behind her.

"Yeah, sorry, the market was hell to get through today," she replied with no actually tone of remorse in her voice.

"Well, you'd better get up there. I'm not paying you to sit around and look pretty," the man chimed in again, as he turned around and left the dressing room.

Great. Just what she needed. Not even any time to sit and eat her apple. For now, she had to "perform".

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 06-20-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

reserving this spot to edit later, I'll definately be in if two of my favorite rp buddies have already posted, but I'm due to go to work now so I wont have time to type up an intro.

KP

ps why do people sign their posts? I've never understood that. I just tried it and it feels weird. I mean shit your username is RIGHT THERE

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 06-20-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

It was a small gathering. Father Adrian Godfrey, standing at the altar, let free a gentle sigh. They were getting smaller. No one had time for churches anymore, no reason to commit themselves to a God or belief. Times had changed, humanity had far removed itself from its primitive roots, where fear of nature had driven it into religion. Father Godfrey despised the time he lived in, as most members of his 'flock' were fully aware. He would often rant about the decadence of man, and the imminant strike of Doomsday during a service.

"Long gone are the times, when man was ruled by the reighteousness of the Cross. Now, man is ruled by the promise of money, sexual instigation and a dog-eat-dog morality that was common to our ancient ancestors." He would shout out suddenly, startling the children and young women attenting his services, whilst the men, especially the older ones, would nod to themselves in silence.

The preist opened his bible. The book was old, falling to pieces. They weren't made anymore - religion in general, wasn't believed in. There were enough cults, but those cults were impropper, or so Godfrey had declared them. They relied on blood and money, and promised obsurd things.

"Welcome." Godfrey's words sailed from his mouth. A man of sixty, was he, and a preacher for most of his life, like his father before him. Years of practice had built up a certain iron in his voice - it was as if a bell was struck with every word he spoke. Even those who did not believe in his dead religion, could not help but listen to what he had to say. It was a rare gift that he alone had been blessed with.

The congregation arose from their benches as he spoke. This prompted another sigh from the Father. He looked around. Only the first two benches were full, the remaining ten were empty. He had paid a large amount of credit for this church - the last of its kind in Avarice - his entire family fortune had gone towards this expendature. Now he had so little money, he could barely afford to maintain it. Every week another member of his flock would simply vanish, they would lose faith or be sucked into a rival cult.

Sullenly, he began reciting aloud 'Micah 6:8'. The congregation seated themselves, and the service continued as it would any day.

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 06-20-2008

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

(OOC: KP, insecurity :P : P)

"Officer 33512A. The Military Tribunal finds you guilty of all charges. Officially, Colonel, you are to be imprisoned on one of the more secluded prison system. However, this Tribunal, due to the sensitive information you know, sentence you death within this week. God save you."

Twelve years ago.

Twelve years ago, Tresi Nor was the envy of many people. Tresi Nor was a very bright and intelligent man. Tresi Nor had the ambition and opportunity to rise to the highest spots of prominence. Tresi Nor was a scientist, an expert of genetic modification. Further, Tresi Nor was also a soldier, a Colonel, in the Earth Military Forces. In that Earth Military Forces, Tresi Nor had headed the infamous division of genetic science.

Twelve years ago had passed relatively slowly for Tresi Nor. Tresi Nor was a man trapped by his conscience. The conscience that had arisen from the murky depths of his inner heart. A conscience he had once suppressed deeply. Tresi Nor had nothing, nothing but the reflection of the shadow of his former life. A life that would have given Tresi Nor all the greatest pleasure of the universe.

Now, smoke had arisen to the ceiling. As it hit the ceiling, the smoke dispersed across the room.

Inhale, Exhale.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-21-2008

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

(OCC: I loved my chars too I'll be playing all three - here's the intro of one. They're all in the family)

Viceroy Alec turned to his second, "Kiel, it's time to go". The silver robed guardian saluted with his fist over his heart and left the matrix chamber. Alec finally alone with his thoughts, sat in his overly comfortable seat and reviewed the day's events. As the first Viceroy of the free cities he was a very rich and powerful man. He was young, he knew, to be holding a position of such power but then again he wasn't a normal Draxian. He commanded the guardians, beings of such immense power that only 1 in 1000 learned to master their unique "skills" and move out of adolescence. But he was finally being tested. All of the Viceroys identites were carefully kept secrets and there were less than a dozen people in all of the system that knew the identites of all 7. Theorectically each vested viceroy had equal governing power in all matters but he had always dominated the politics of Avarice but lately 3 of the Viceroys had been planning something. It had all come to a head in coucil that earlier that day when the 4th vested Viceroy called for some rather drastic measures ensure the "purity" of the established metropolis. Genocide or purification of any kind wasn't high on Alec's to-do list in life so he naturally resisted. That had led to the dark energies being released.

"What are you proposing Dagos?"

"Purification is needed..."

"What sort of purification?"

"The kind that speeds up evolution... the strong will survive."

"No - we aren't gods - we do not judge, not that..."

The other Viceroys sat silently none willing to risk the wrath of the leader of the Awakened ones nor the wrath of the leader of the APD and it's secret underbelly.

"It's been done before..."

During the discussion there had been a com interurption, the 2nd vested viceroy nodded and the Crystal Chamber flared into life. It's powerful technology processed the huge ammount of information about the known galaxy and displayed the planets on the huge viewing screen. "Avarice - District K!" said the 2nd Viceroy. The screen shifted and zoomed in to the district. It was in complete chaos. ADP was swarming all over. And there seemed to be no end to the explosions and rifraff in the streets.

Kiel's voiced echoed in my head - "Viceroy - Second Command has requested reinforcement from Earth"

Damn - thought Alec. Just what he needed now. "Kiel - get the Awakened prepared - we may need them soon." The Second Command was the puppet government the Viceroy's had set up to preserve their identities. Someone was going to lose more than their job for this screw-up...

Alec brooded for a moment, his powers of foresight had failed him. With only a cursory glance at the other Viceroys he had stomped out of the Crystal Chamber - his golden eyes gleaming with an unnatural wrath.He barely noticed the other Viceroys leaving as quickley as. He knew that Dagos was up to something and Drago had much support from the older Viceroys... He need information and fast. This was turning into a catcylsmic problem. The Viceroy's all possessed some incredible power - whether it be in men, ships, arms, information, they were all Viceroys for a reason and none of them were to be underestimated.

His com pad beeped and Kiel's calm, cold voice said, "Viceroy we've landed."

Alec collected himself and said, "Kiel, change of plans, order the eleventh fleet into high orbit - cloakers on, and have my flagship prepared. Meanwhile send out our recruiters - we need... people that understand this city."

Alec wasn't going to sit back and allow this metropolis to be betrayed by those charged to protect it. It was time to plan and learn - carefully.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 06-21-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

[OOC] Since this character's former name bears a striking resemblance to my character in the "Dark Voyages" RP, I will change it to "Vincent Trent", which is pretty close to what it was in the last Avarice. Same man, Different name. This thread snuck up on me :-\ [OOC]

The strip club, aptly titled "The Man Trap", pumped music that was grossly typical of any strip-joint; most men of decency preferred more private clubs, with better, exotic, and more specialized music. Sadly, Avarice was a city to which not all had clearance to go as they pleased, and the general populous couldn't simply afford a trip to the "Castle Amazon" to the north.

Vince, in his usual navy-blue t-shirt, black jeans, and yellow work-boots, was sitting in an otherwise-empty booth to the left of the entrance, his black jacket draped over the cheap seating his back rested on. He was the normal kinda guy around these parts; not a city citizen, but a man-for-hire. He was lucky to belong to the third class of people: the kind that were here to make profit. Many were here because of debt; many still were making enough profit to pay their debts. Only the lucky, fortunate, and deadly were able to keep their profits without acquiring too much debt. For what little it was worth, he was that last category.

With Avarice being the place it was, nobody (save the poor) could avoid it. If you owned anything with engines and a sub-space FTL drive, you eventually found yourself here. As such, Vince was no exception. His recent Martian-based employer had no longer required his services, and the 5,000 credits Vince received as a "farewell fuck-off" wasn't going to buy him much fuel. In fact, he had managed to get to Avarice on what was left in the tanks; not bad, for a thirteen-year-old modded cargo ship.

And yet, here he was: when he could be saving his money for the xenon-based fuel Cadence II voraciously consumed, he was instead enjoying cheap beer and practically-cheaper women. Cancel that; he wasn't really even enjoying it all, but it had become something of a comfort to him. At least there were some places here who were open to strangers...

Vince chugged twice, letting the ale rest warmly in his stomach. He had only had one refill, but he hated to rush things. Alcohol, like any good merc, was a patient beast. Of course, he really wasn't waiting on anything. The women were dancing, many without their tops. They danced provocatively, making the drunkards closer to the bar rumble baritone notes of pleasure. These men stretched out towards the women, waving dirty, wrinkled checks*, many only 1C** and 5C's worth. While the money was dirty, it was still money: the women often snatched them up, giving some up-close visuals to the men in the process.

Vince was neither bother nor excited by the whole scene; he was a quiet guy, who knew his woman wouldn't be some stripper who sold her body to dirty hands with dirtier money. At least, he prayed she wouldn't be. With that, he took another chug. After setting down the glass, he smoothly touched his neck with his right hand, feeling the bulge at the base. It was barely there, and most likely looked like a black pimple with spidery legs. He was fine.

A dull vibration began to rub against the soles of Vince's feet, a vibration he was all-too-familiar with. Those who weren't drunk enough in the bar not to notice it, took no heed. Just another ship approaching the Widow's Peak Landing Zone, east of The Man Trap. Vince just took another sip of his ale; just a sip, to remind him where he was.

There was little movement in The Man Trap, save for all the dancers. The fact was accented when a man, presumably the owner, strode out a black door that was plainly labeled "Dressing Room." There was an agitated, tired look on his face. Vince, taking another small sip, took no heed of it.

[OOC] Sorry for the long post, but I felt it was necessary. I took some liberties about the city; feel free to ask me to change things to suit your characters. [/OOC]
*Checks=Money Bills
**aka 1 credit, five credits, you get the jist

Last edited by Reservoir; 06-21-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 06-21-2008

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

OOC: Well, this started off fast. I think I will use the same name as my Dark Voyages character as well, aka Jenna Vaessen. She will be a very different person however, very different indeed...
---
"Sigh, another day in this wonderful city. Oh joy." Jenna sarcastically said to herself as looked outside one of of her ship's windows, watching other ships come and go. Her ship, Hydra III had been stuck at Widow's Peak Landing Zone for over a week now as the primary star-drive was totally fried, all thanks to a particularly nasty run-in with a now quite dead Hunter. While the ship could fly, it would be going nowhere fast, and no one in this part of the city seemed to have the Axion-III drive that her ship required.

"Well, better not let this day waste away." Jenna thought to herself as she got up and headed for the cargo bay doors, making sure to hide her personal pistol on herself as well. As Vaessen walked towards the exit of the landing site, the site owner suddenly appeared out of nowhere and quickly walked up to her.
"Hey, it's been a week. Where are my credits for letting you keep that ship of yours at my site!" he gruffly yelled out.
Vaessen simply turned and stared coldly at the short and pudgy man for a few seconds before responding, "The credits you say? I'll give you your damn credits when I come back. Oh, and if anything seems to be missing from my ship, don't expect to live to see another day. Got it?"
"Err, yes, yes..." the owner stuttered out, suddenly fearing for his own worthless life as his face became quite pale.

Jenna didn't care though, and simply strolled out onto the busy streets. Looking left and then right, she sighed and thought, "Well, where to search today..."

Last edited by UED Special Ops; 06-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-21-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

The service ended. The church empited. Godfrey sighed. Engulfed in silence, he turned towards a large stain glass window depicting Jesus' crucifiction, and knelt. Nothing stirred in the church for sometime, not even the rats dared disrupt the silent figure, clad in his dark brown robes with hands clasped in prayer.

Godfrey prayed for many things when he was alone with God. He prayed for new members of his congregaton, he prayed that the populous of Avarice would save themselves from Hell and damnation by turning to a reightous path. Most of all, he prayed for himself, he begged forgiveness for his past life, he begged and begged. Would God listen? That, he would not know until he was to be judged.

Sighing once more, Father Godfrey rose from his kneeling position. As he did so, he tugged at his left sleeve, revealing a wrist of iron plating. The brief glimpse of his bionical attachment sent memories floating past his eyes. Young faces lay in the mud, their backs riddled with bullet woulds. Limbs scattered in artillery craters. The roar of surface-to-air missiles. Screams.

"The arms going to have to come off."

"Are you sure, doctor?"

"I'm afraid so, the plasma burn is too deep. If we don't act now, his blood will become contaminated."

It was true that Godfrey's father had also been a priest. And that, Godfrey himself had been raised to follow those same footsteps, however, in the time he lived in, it took more than a legalised religious contract to escape conscription in times of war. At the age of 19, he was drafted into the navy during a conflict on the far reaches of the human Empire. He fought several battles, saw many things, and four days from being released from his 'national service', he was stuck by a plasma mortar. His left arm had to be taken off, and replaced by a bionical substitute. He returned home a broken man, like many war veterans, clinging to his father's church as if it were a life float in an ocean of ice cold water. Christianity had become his life, the one thing to bring him towards salvation, to save him from the horrible things he witnessed in the war, and the attrocities he commited.

A vision of a girl, weeping on the floor, naked, flashed in his mind for just a second. A terrible shot of guilt struck Godfrey in the heart, and he clenched his chest.

"Oh Lord, my precious Lord, forgive me. I was blind, I didn't see. This world-" He babbled, almost inaudioably.

"Too late for prayers, father." Cackled someone from behind.

Godfrey turned towards the seating area, and saw three youths standing in the isle, between the benches. They had red spikey hair, aviators, they wore tight leather and had knives visibly poking out from their belts. Thieves, muggers - call them what you may, but Godfrey had only one thing to say when this happened.

"District K."

The youths walked towards the preist, but he did not stir. He merely threw back the hood of his robe; revealing a shaven head, with a dark coloured cross tatooed to his forehead. His grey eyes met the gazes of his assailants.

"We don't want no trouble, father. Just give us what you got and we'll get going." Stated the foremost of the intruders. He smiled with golden teeth.

Godfrey shook his head. "This is a house of God, leave here."

The youths laughed. And then, without a word of warning, they rushed the preist. Godfrey mumbled a prayer under his lips, and then reached for his bible - the most sacred of all his posessions. The foremost of the assailants kicked Godfrey in the stomach, and he fell to his knees gasping for air. Another, picking up a candle holder of solid gold, smashed him over the head, and he fell lifeless to the floor.

With Godfrey unconcious, the youths went about vandalising the church. Tearing down banners, raiding the collection box, urinating over various artifacts. Any precious metals were pocketed. They were about to leave, when one of the youths noticed Godfrey's bible, still clenched firmly in his hand.

"Oi, boys." Called the youth to his comrades. "I've heard about these books. They don't get made anymore - all the collectors are after 'em."

Another smiled. "Yeah, bibles they're called. I saw one go for 20k once."

"Bullshit, it's just a mouldy old book."

"Honest mate."

Godfrey felt hands grab his precious book. He had regained himself. The gold, the credits, everything, he was willing to let it go to avoid violence, but if his bible was taken, what would his life have to stand by?

One of the youths suddenly yelped with pain, as Godfrey's bionical arm crushed his palm. The others looked on with astonishment.

"The old man ain't done for yet then!"

"I think he broke my fucking hand, kill him, kill the fucker!"

Godfrey hopped to his feet. "Leave, or by God's will you shall meet your ends here."

The youths did not listen, they encircled him, they rushed him, knives drawn. Godfrey jumped into action - he was a peace loving man, but years of living in District K had taught him much in the ways of fighting. His bionical arm swung from left to right, smashing the face of his foremost attacker. A knife pierced him from behind, but he turned with a lion's ferocity, and grabbed the boy by the throat. He held him high, and proceded to choke him. The third of the youths jumped on Godfrey's back, in an attempt to wrestle him to the ground, but the preist showed unexpected strength. He stagged backwards, towards a stone collumn, with one of his enemies in his grasp, and another on his back. Another knife pierced him in the shoulder - and that was it.

Godfrey jumped backwards, the boy on his back was crushed and left badly wounded on the floor of the church. The boy in his palm stopped struggling and fell limp. The preist let go.

"God forgive me." He cursed under his breath - tears rolling from his eyes.

Sirons sounded in the background.

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 06-21-2008

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Jocelyn took one more look in the mirror and sighed. Her shoulder length bright red hair, swaying slightly from side to side as she rose from the chair. She reached down at the table and grabbed a shot glass, and threw the green liquid to the back of her throat in one swift movement. She desperately didn't want to be here, but strip clubs were the only places to work on Avarice that didn't require a background check. All they wanted was perky tits.

Stepping out of the dressing room with a pink robe wrapped around her, she made her way up to the main stage. A few regulars were there, and they quickly moved their chairs closer to the stage to catch the show. Jocelyn turned her back on the crowd and waited for the music to start. It was a slow build-up which allowed her to slowly remove the robe, revealing a black bikini underneath. just as the robe his the floor, the music suddenly burst to life, and she danced her heart out, working the pole like she'd never worked it before.

The checks started flying into the air. 10c, 20c, even one regular had a 50c in his hand, as she crawled across the stage and lifted her g-string for the men to put the checks in their rightful place. She never picked up any money that was on the stage. That was beneath her. Other girls ferociously grabbed for the money as if they hadn't eaten in a while, which they probably hadn't. But not her. She could go days without eating, and she had before. At least she knew she didn't have to anymore. For now.

As she danced and gyrated, she kept a close eye on the newcomers who had been there before, but weren't so open to giving away their money for her show. She was always suspicious when someone new came into the club. She didn't know if they were just lonely, or on the job themselves. As her set came to a close, she bent over and picked up her robe, throwing it over her shoulder, and exited the stage slowly with her head down. She made her way back to the dressing room to count her tips.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 06-21-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Universal Scientific Team 1-D2Z Discovery of Tablet based Biography loaded into spdf format on AzureTablet Extreme format noveltablet. Discovered in ancient ruins of Avarice date: 9200 years after the genesis incident. Tablet appears to be about a criminal nicknamed Troy, data recovery commencing: First four pages corrupted and damaged will return to lab for recovery. Introductory page seems to be readily available,

To give a man a name who wasn't officially a man, or alive at all, seems redundant. Names had come and gone as were necessary to the situation at hand, documents had been created, utilized and forgotten, and appearances were both deceiving and wholly forgettable. But for the purposes of this narrative we will call him Troy, which was the name he was going by when he first popped up on the radar. A fitting name because while harmless looking enough, similar to the wooden horse of lore Troy had a lot more inside than would originally meet the eye.

The life and times of Troy as we like to call them, are both strange and wondrous, dotted with random acts of kindness in a flurry of indecent behavior, blatant disregard for the law and a criminal record so long that it took a team of 16 students of the University of Avarice three and a half years to piece it all together...

We rejoin our protagonist as he has just arrived on Avarice stowed in the hull of a bounty hunters vessel (he was always one who enjoyed both a: a challenge and b: irony.

excerpt becomes unreadable after this point, will continue to decode the corrupted data in the hopes of learning more about the incident or the century prior on Avarice.

'Troy' (god he hated ever using that alias) sidled through the ship behind the pilot, choosing not to end his life for the day. As funny as it was to Him that the exhausted bounty hunter had so carelessly allowed Him to slip onto the ship, He wasn't prepared to match wits or muscle with the pilot if it was deemed unnecessary. So instead he chose to enter the hull slide onto the landing gear and descend with it, diving behind a pile of conveniently placed crates that always seemed to be exactly where he needed them to be.

Excerpt picks up after 3 pages of corruption and data seemingly removed from the logfile.

Things always seemed to work out for Troy, projectiles hit their target during blind fire escapes, alleys always had a conveniently unlocked door to crash through. And through said door was always a large obstacle to topple behind Troy to delay avid pursuers. What Troy would never fully understand just how correct His musings were. It wasn't so much that He was lucky, more that things were predetermined to work out for Him, that his actions actually had reverse impact on the universe in general, the choices were still Troy's to make, however no choice was ever a bad choice. Should He have known this, the man known only as Troy to some and forgotten by all others wouldn't have felt He was in such a predicament in the following days.

Excerpt once again becomes unreadable

He descended into the city smiling, Avarice was a beautiful place to be, full of vagrants, idiots and people with far too much money to notice it was being stolen from them by the same people who promised to protect it. Things would go swimmingly here He decided. And headed for the local strip club to steal some cash and an ID from some unsuspecting patrons.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 06-21-2008

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

"20,000 credits! What the Hell? You had better be joking!" Jenna angrily said to the merchant, banning her fist on the metal counter of his shop.
"20,000, no less. Don't like it, then find someone else that has the star-drive." the merchant responded in a nasally voice, smirking slightly.
"Fine, screw you. Go rob someone else blind you scum." Vaessen stated before flipping the merchant off and then turning around and angrily heading back into crowd.

20,000 credits for an Axion-III star-drive, one could nearly purchase a personal transport craft for that price. And to top things off, that was the only Axion-III star-drive that Jenna had seen in the entire area. Stealing it was out of the question, as while the merchant may be a crook, he wasn't stupid, and would make sure to lock something as valuable as that drive up very securely when he wasn't around. Ticked off and feeling that she was at her wits end, Jenna decided that she needed to grab something to drink. Looking around, she saw that she had two immediate options, a seedy strip-club named "The Man Trap" on her left, or a small outdoor vendor on her right.

Choosing the vendor over the strip-joint, Jenna sat down at one of the bolted down stools and ordered up a mid-grade beer.
"Heh, the sooner I get out of here, the better." Vaessen thought to herself as she paid 3 credits for the beer and took a sip.
"Cause if any professional Hunters happen to come along, things might get dicey..."

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-21-2008

United States Traken
Viking Pillager
 Traken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than you

Lentin stepped out of his vessel, the light from the hatchway casting an eerie glow in the poorly lit landing area.

Grabbing the collar of his long coat, he rolled his shoulders, adjusting the way it hung over his body. He always felt better wearing his equipment. It gave him a sense of security, a sense of purpose. Lentin grinned to himself. I'd imagine Class IV Triton Tactical Armor would give just about anyone a sense of security. Incredibly rugged, and almost completely inconspicuous, it could stop about anything short of a forced plasma charge.

Tugging on his gloves and making sure the wires leading to them were secure, he stepped down from the hatch. Cocking his head to the side, he mentally triggered his cyberbrain firewall into standby, and linked up with his vessel's sensor and computer suites.

Without so much as a glance back, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and whistled a tune, exiting the hangar, the hatch of his vessel sealing behind him.

Glancing out at the main road, Lentin pondered his next steps. Where to begin....

Traken has 6,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbet
I don't give an oodnadatta if you can't gundagai my uluru. Feel pitjanjatjara to wolloomoolloo my wingecarribee.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Traken Send a message via MSN to Traken Send a message via Yahoo to Traken 

Old 06-21-2008

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Alec paced back and forth on the bridge of his flagship, the Centauri. Kiel, his ever present shadow, was hooded and stood off near the centeral control panel.

Alec looked up as Kiel said, "The Awakened have arrived Viceroy."

Alec feverishly replied, "Excellent" Deploy the first 4 battalions on the surface, concentrate them around my manor but make sure that we infiltrate some of the locals too."

Kiel, ever the stoic replied with a stony salute. "It will be done."

Alec turned and pressed a button on his com,

"Admiral Nikol, move the 8-10th fleets into poition with the 11th - blockade the planet. Stay unseen. Allow all ships entering the atmosphere to enter but do not allow any ships without alpha 2 clearance to leave the surface."

The com crackled to life, "Yes, Viceroy."

To Kiel: "I want the best interstellar craftsmen on board the flagship within the hour - with their entire teams - write up the contracts - it's far too dangerous to have good men taking jobs from the highest bidder..."

"At once, my lord."

"And contact my daughter - there's work to be done."

-------

Alec sat in the matrix room at his manor. He couldn't resist the urge to chuckle. Things were finally going his way. Jenova had been summoned from the dank bowels of the 3rd district where she ran an inconspicous temple there. She was Alec's best bet to infiltrate the other Viceroy's plans - of course she was also his daughter.

Jenova had left their meeting with instructions to conscript a team that could be... disposed of quickly if things didn't go according to plan. He had suggested checking the prisons and temporary detainees of the impure from his now complete blockade of the colony.

As a Draxian Alec always knew he had the full support of his home planet should he need more assistance, being a prince, albeit a disowned one, would be enough to summon his people to war.

He smiled as the matrix screen shifted to an orbital view of the moon.

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension