Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 03-16-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

I think it's solid, but there needs to be some established specifics, especially about the ship herself.

What I mean is that you listed the St. Julta as a "Class A Battleship". Other than yourself, though, we don't know what exactly a Class A Battleship IS. So for us to create a solid character based off that knowledge, we need to know a lot about these particular craft: weapons, size, crew compliment, tech spec, et. cetra. IMHO, it would allow us to create a tighter storyline because these things wouldn't have to be explained as the story progresses, and the RPers/their Characters would have a bigger handle over the ship and any situations it comes across.

I (personally) would especially focus on the big tech areas, such as propulsion (both sub- and trans-light), weapons, shielding/armor, and the crew compliment/crew allocations (which would help us decide what our character would actually do on the ship [I'm particularly interested in developing the trans-light drive, with my character being the lead technician]).

Other than that, you've got a solid story; and, you've got the ball rolling on this one. Glad to know BFRP isn't dying (or living) quietly.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 03-17-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir View Post
I think it's solid, but there needs to be some established specifics, especially about the ship herself.

What I mean is that you listed the St. Julta as a "Class A Battleship". Other than yourself, though, we don't know what exactly a Class A Battleship IS. So for us to create a solid character based off that knowledge, we need to know a lot about these particular craft: weapons, size, crew compliment, tech spec, et. cetra. IMHO, it would allow us to create a tighter storyline because these things wouldn't have to be explained as the story progresses, and the RPers/their Characters would have a bigger handle over the ship and any situations it comes across.

I (personally) would especially focus on the big tech areas, such as propulsion (both sub- and trans-light), weapons, shielding/armor, and the crew compliment/crew allocations (which would help us decide what our character would actually do on the ship [I'm particularly interested in developing the trans-light drive, with my character being the lead technician]).

Other than that, you've got a solid story; and, you've got the ball rolling on this one. Glad to know BFRP isn't dying (or living) quietly.

You know, i thought about those exact areas tody at work, when i was doing a mind numbing job and needed to think about something to stop me from launching myself into the conveyer belt.

Give me half hour to go over it, i'm planning to include a description of the ship, key NPC personnel, the ranks availible and specifications (marines, flight crew, engineers etc), add a little more detail as to the situation, and so forth. I'll return shortly with a revamped draft. thanks for the constructive thoughts guys, it's just a shame there's only three of us - that's a big worry of mine, are we the only guys left?

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

Dark Voyage

The year is 3539, and the race of Mankind has far removed itself from its initial point of origin on the planet once known as Earth. It was in the year 2341, that advanced space-technology was developed, allowing specially designed vessels to travel the universe at speeds not thought possible. It wasn't long before Mankind began using this technology to start exploring the immediate areas of space surrounding Earth's solar system, and soon, dozens of colonies on foreign, unexplored worlds were established.

Initially, this move for colonization was operated under a United Earth Government (UEG), meaning that with a combined effort from all nations throughout Earth, there were little disagreements or territorial conflicts, allowing for the colonization efforts to blossom and prosper. This so called creation of a 'Human Empire', carried on until the year 3214, in which the UEG leadership was forcibly dissolved in several areas of the Empire, and separate nations began to develop all over the colonies. This inevitably led to a wide-spread civil war, in which man fought man for control of the entirety of the Human Empire. Back on Earth, former UEG generals and politicians attempted to rally the fleets and colonies still commited to a unified government, but too few responded, and soon the UEG found itself fighting several enemies on all fronts.

In 3380, the last UEG-led fleet was annihilated by Cascadians - colonists from the planet Cascadia, and Earth was consequently obliterated by an orbital bombardment. This was the final move in ensuring that the Human Empire would forever remain divided and at war. Cascadia went on to domionate vast parts of the Empire, using its numerous fleets and advanced weapon technology to destroy other factions. However, in the face of Cascadia's apparantly military advantage, stood a highly organised chain of pirates - thieves and briggands - who were paid by Cascadia's inferior rivals, to cause havoc to Cascadia's vital supply bases and routes through which convoys travelled. This was an effective tactic, and Cascadia lacked the lighter vessels required to locate and strike hidden pirate strongholds. As a result, there was a gorey stalemate, which has lasted until the present day.

It is now the year 3539, and the war is far from over. Though, unknown to the various leaders of this divided Empire, eyes are watching from all around, waiting for the right time to strike. Some colonies on the outskirts of the Empire have suddenly been reported to have vanished, and fleets sent to investigate these occurances do not return. However, the larger factions involved in the civil-war, namely Cascadia, have turned a blind eye, for they are too involved in fighting each other to see the loss of a few colonies as anything more than minor pirate incursions, for the pirates are indeed famed notoriously for hiding beyond the bounds of the Empire.

The Story So Far...

It is amidst the outer regions of the Cascadian territory that our story begins. St. Julta - one of Cascadia's pride battle ships, is anchoring in orbit around the planet Cascadia - the nervous system of the Cascadian faction. At its head, is Captain John Mason, a veteran of the wars, soon to see his sixtysixth year. In recent months, the pirates have grown bolder, and begun launching more and more significant attacks against Cascadian held areas of space. So devestating is their campaign of geurilla warfare, that the Cascadian war effort is beginning to colapse on certain fronts, and if it is not stopped, Cascadia could face a military disaster. With this in mind, the Cascadian High Command has ordered Protocol Scare Crow to help curb the effect of the pirate attacks. Protocol Scare Crow, in essence, is a universal order, to be carried out across Cascadian space, that instructs all major Battle Ships to defend key stratigical supply points and areas. Of course, even with Cascadia's impressive number of Battle Ships, there is not enough to go around, without leaving the main fleets handicapped, essentially meaning that one Battle Ship is sent to guard each location, as opposed to an entire Battle Group. From a military point of view, this tactic seems hopeless, as a Battle Ship does not possess the resources to clamp down on pirate activity, due to their lack of speed and moblity, and also, the pirates, if gathered in strength, could possibly overwhelm the ship itself. However, the generals of Cascadian High Command are aiming for a differant impact - an impact on the pirates' morale. It is widely believed, by all factions, that the pirates are cowards, and will generally not attack a foe that can fight back in force - to attack a Battle Ship with outclassed vessels, would be extremely costly and foolhardy. Therefore, upon seeing that a Battle Ship is in the area, High Command are hoping the pirates may begin to hold off their raids, atleast for a six month period, so that supply lines can be restored and the war effort can continue unhindered.

St. Julta is just one of these Battle Ships assigned to Protocol Scare Crow. However, unlike the typical Cascadian Battle Ships, the Julta is specified as a 'Class A' version. This generally means, that the Julta is a top of the range Battle Ship, equipped with the latest technology in terms of both weaponry and warp drives, and is generally considered to be a mobile fortress. It and its crew have only seen action a number of times, and although it has so far proved its worth in each engagement, it has yet to show its full potential. Being twenty miles in length, two miles in deph, and eight miles in length, the Julta is equipped with over six hundred surface batteries, two hundred missile silos and little under four hundred starfighters. The amount of fire power contained by the Julta is incredible, and there exists only four other ships like it - all belonging to Cascadia. It is for this reason, that it has been tasked with safe guaridng the most turbulant area of Cascadian space - Historia.

Historia is a factory world, geared fully towards the production of ships and weaponry to help boost the Cascadian war effort. Pirate attacks on Historia's supply lines and surface structures have increased intensely over the past few months, and it is hoped that the presence of the Julta will quickly end this nusience. Positioned on the very frontier of Cascadian space, Historia is far from the support of Cascadia's main fleets, especially as there is no neighbouring faction bordering on that particular part of the frontier.

St. Julta
Class A Battle Ship
23/03/3539
Captain John Mason

Log Entry: 23:04

I have received orders from Cascadian High Command, that direct me to patrol the outer areas of Colony #47 - Designated: Historia. It would appear that pirates and brigands operating illegally within the area are harassing cargo ships without warning, and vanish before any military response can be made. High Command wants the Julta to ensure that the vital supply routes between Historia and Colony #48 - Designated: Judea are protected for a six month period. Therefore, I believe our presence here is only superficial - something to ward off the pirates. It is well known that their armoury cannot compete with a vessel such as Julta.

I have dispatched my orders to the bridge staff. We'll make warp in three hours. Historia has been notified of our deployment.

--------------------------------

You will play as a crew member of the Julta, under the command of Captain John Mason, a 65 year old experienced war veteran. The ship has not yet made its warp. It is 23:00pm. The warp will begin at 02:00am. As far as you are concerned, this is a routine do-nothing patrol mission.

The Julta, as mentioned, possesses an array of powerful weaponry, ranging from surface gun batteries, which hail enemy craft with powerful laser beams, to missile solos that are capable of oblitering not only enemy craft with a barrage of destruction, but also planets. However, aside from its more obvious weapons, it possesses a fleet of some four hundred starfighters - small craft used to assist in ground operations, or to raid enemy locations with speed. They are also, in times of need, used to defend the ship against other similar craft. Generally Cascadian military doctrine avoids using them to assault larger craft as this often leads to heavy losses. The bottom line is, Naval Gunners and Naval Pilots will be required to do these jobs.

Aside from weaponry, the Julta is equipped with a forcefield, which enables the vessel itself to withstand almost upto four times its predicted damage-toll, before it is damaged indefinately. This type of technology has been pioneered for centuries, but Cascadia has been the only faction so far to perfect it. It is also equipped with an AX 10C Warp Drive - the newest Warp Drive available to Cascadian fleets. This powerful Warp Drive allows the Julta to jump from one side of Cascadian space ( vageuly 10,000,000 KM) in just forty eight hours. However, so expensive is this level of technology, that so far, only Julta and her sister ships are equipped with them. To man these impressive assets, and to maintain the general harmony on the ship's numerous systems, Engineers are required. If you enjoy fixing busted Warp Drives, shattered gun batteries, unstable missile silos, or just like to hold a spanner and show off some unexpected profound combat skills, this is the rank for you.

The Julta also has within its vast size, an army big enough to invade a lightly held planet. With over 4,000 marines, 1,000 armoured vehicles and an assortment of artillery, Julta's ground capability is optimal. The Marines are used primarily to do the following: Invade enemy vessels, invade enemy surface targets, deployment in various ground operations, to defend against enemy boarding parties and to assist in the operation of the gun batteries. If you enjoy walking around and blowing things up, this is the rank for you. A marine is typically equipped with a lasrifle (a laser rifle), and wears olive green military dress.

I will be playing as John Mason.

Character Sheet:

Full Name:
Military Rank/Specification:
Physical Appearence:
Brief Backstory: - Not sure whether to make players include this kind of information in their posts.

Okay, i gave it a crack over the head, but its still not complete, i thought i'd show you what i've come up with so far.

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Wow, very, very impressive Rokdar. I just wish more people would RP.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Looks nice; though I'm pretty sure everyone is going to go for as a Marine lol.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 03-17-2008

God is upon you.

yeah that's true, but i was hoping there'd be some people with a tad of originality. maybe i should scrap the other classes, and make being a marine compulsory?

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdar Ironvain View Post
yeah that's true, but i was hoping there'd be some people with a tad of originality. maybe i should scrap the other classes, and make being a marine compulsory?
I don't know, because if we seperate ourselves into classes then there might be more "originality". However I can't quite seem to see how we'll cooperate together when some people would be turtling around manning the platform guns shooting at spacecrafts outside the ship while the Marines are running around and kicking some ass as a mobile group that actually moves and isn't in a fixed area.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 03-17-2008

God is upon you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkceangel View Post
I don't know, because if we seperate ourselves into classes then there might be more "originality". However I can't quite seem to see how we'll cooperate together when some people would be turtling around manning the platform guns shooting at spacecrafts outside the ship while the Marines are running around and kicking some ass as a mobile group that actually moves and isn't in a fixed area.
Yeah that makes sense, right'o, it's like half 10 at night over here, and i gotta be up at six in the morning, so i'm going to go to sleep. I've got an idea of what to do now, i'll hit it over the head again tomorrow and aim to finish the final draft. Cheers for being supportive.

pm.gif   

Old 03-18-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

Well, I don't think we should make being a Marine mandatory; however, I do think that the Naval Gunner may be a bit too turtle-y for this. The Engineer and their crews can run around the ship, fixing stuff and keeping the ship functioning; the Naval Pilot can man the starfighters against the lighter pirate vessels; and lastly, the Marines can simply storm the fuckers. Other than those, I can't think of any other "job" that could be used effectively by a PC.
In other words, it's very solid. I'm soooooo ready for this!

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 03-18-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir View Post
Well, I don't think we should make being a Marine mandatory; however, I do think that the Naval Gunner may be a bit too turtle-y for this. The Engineer and their crews can run around the ship, fixing stuff and keeping the ship functioning; the Naval Pilot can man the starfighters against the lighter pirate vessels; and lastly, the Marines can simply storm the fuckers. Other than those, I can't think of any other "job" that could be used effectively by a PC.
In other words, it's very solid. I'm soooooo ready for this!
Yeah, I can imagine it now. Engineers trying to beat the crap out of other shitless aliens or humans with a wrench.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 03-18-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkceangel View Post
Yeah, I can imagine it now. Engineers trying to beat the crap out of other shitless aliens or humans with a wrench.
Not just ANY wrench - a vibra-wrench

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 03-18-2008

God is upon you.

I've gotten an idea now, i'll outline it here:

- The players will be apart of one squad of marines serving on the Julta, with the exception of me narating the story as Captain John Mason, and maybe i will also play the part of a marine to help players immerse themselves in the story.

- The Rp will revolve around tactical-squad based combat.

- To do this, there will be certain marine classes, all of whom, will be ENSURED BY ME, to have their uses.

- I will include a 'Data Store' section, explaining the following subjects: History of Cascadia/Space Pirates. There will also be a mention of other factions within the divided empire. The Cascadian military will be described, including small arms used by marines, armoured vehicles, Cascadian fighting doctrine (how they fight), a general description of their appearence also. This should help fill the gaps in my purposely short introduction, which i initiated in order to stop players falling asleep trying to get themselves to understand my view of history over the next two thousand years.

I shall also describe the Julta in more detail, and i will tell you now, that it is shaped in the appearence of a dagger. I will draw a sketch of the ship, and put it on the RP.

- The general idea of the RP is, a mix of things. I will confirm that it will invovle squad-based combat, in which players will ideally work together to accomplish goals, there will be some survival horror incorperated, and also, if the RP goes that far, there will be some betrayal. I have planned the story, and i think you'll like it. I felt i had to give away the genre, otherwise you'll start thinking this is a typical starcraft/halo rip-off, and i didn't want that.

Bear with me, it's going to take atleast until tomorrow to get it all done.

pm.gif   

Old 03-18-2008

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Take all the time you need Rokdar. This RP sounds amazing.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 03-18-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Sounds fun. Get on it boy.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 03-18-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler
 Oracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of light

yup. i like the idea of a warhammer (40k or not) RP also.

Oracle has 228 Posts

Big brother is watching you masturbate

I fear No enemy! for the khala Is My Strength! I fear not Death! For our strength is eternal!-Fenix, Praetor

Go To The RPG Forum. Or I'll kill you.
BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif