Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 03-09-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Sup. I was thinking about maybe doing something here. Anyone got any ideas?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 03-09-2008

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

I am alive but I dont post here because whenever I do it feels like a waste of time cuz no one replies.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 03-09-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

I'm here as well. I used to RP around here, until the damn Politics RPG's came out. I'm no good at strategy games, so those were out of my league, and anything else just fell off my radar, thanks to the overpowering number of Politics. But I'm willing to do something character oriented.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 03-09-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

That was a quick response, lol.

Well following the influx of politics and presumably failed StarCraft games; think its about time to make something else? Fantasy? I was thinking about making something like Rainbow 6: Vegas as a counter terrorist or something but not sure if that idea would go well.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 03-09-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

I've always been partial to sci-fi, thanks to my father and his love for the oldy stuff (ala the ST:TOS and various books from the wee times of sci-fi). I wouldn't mind doing a fantasy/sci-fi double-take, but I have my own ideas for that.

Fantasy in and of itself is good, if it's heavily modded and controlled (magic is a very chaotic thing).

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 03-14-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

I don't care what kind of RP it is, just please someone make something! My creative muscles are about as flexed as the abs of a disabled person who does nothing but sit in a chair all day talking through a machine.

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 03-14-2008

God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

How about one that takes place in a spaceship? Nothing to do with StarCraft. We're the crew, doing a routine patrol/exploration mission, but something goes wrong... Be it Aliens, an onboard murderer, or a good old fashioned breakdown in space where we're forced to eat each other in order to survive :P

Anyone thinking on a similar wave length?

pm.gif   

Old 03-14-2008

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

OO what about a warhammer 40K rp? that would be fun.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 03-14-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdar Ironvain View Post
How about one that takes place in a spaceship? Nothing to do with StarCraft. We're the crew, doing a routine patrol/exploration mission, but something goes wrong... Be it Aliens, an onboard murderer, or a good old fashioned breakdown in space where we're forced to eat each other in order to survive :P

Anyone thinking on a similar wave length?
Sure; I guess that can work. I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMan View Post
OO what about a warhammer 40K rp? that would be fun.
Nah, I can't see how that can be driven into an RP.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 03-14-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Anything involving a starship would kinda have to involve a rather large starship, so that the main characters don't have to die off, or be heavily involved, in order to forward the story.

Personally, I had an idea for a story that might work(I was never able to finish it because I'm not good at building characters in that manner): say that humanity(or a human nation) is at war with an alien race(or another nation). Say they send a massive Deep-Space Heavy Cruiser, which is essentially a mobile military fortress(complete with hydroponics, livestock raising areas - anything necessary to make it a completely self-contained vessel) to defend one of the worlds close to the front lines.

Suddenly, BAM! an attack happens, and the DSHC plunges into the atmosphere, eventually crash-landing into the ocean, and then landing on a relatively shallow section of the ocean floor. Miraculously, the ship has - mostly - survived, and what remains of the crew now have to use what resources they have to survive until they are rescued. This would lead us into our story, where we "document" the strain such a compact, rigid life exerts on our characters, forcing them to sacrifice mind and body for the greater good, yadda yadda yadda.

It sounded good in my head.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 03-15-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir View Post
Anything involving a starship would kinda have to involve a rather large starship, so that the main characters don't have to die off, or be heavily involved, in order to forward the story.

Personally, I had an idea for a story that might work(I was never able to finish it because I'm not good at building characters in that manner): say that humanity(or a human nation) is at war with an alien race(or another nation). Say they send a massive Deep-Space Heavy Cruiser, which is essentially a mobile military fortress(complete with hydroponics, livestock raising areas - anything necessary to make it a completely self-contained vessel) to defend one of the worlds close to the front lines.

Suddenly, BAM! an attack happens, and the DSHC plunges into the atmosphere, eventually crash-landing into the ocean, and then landing on a relatively shallow section of the ocean floor. Miraculously, the ship has - mostly - survived, and what remains of the crew now have to use what resources they have to survive until they are rescued. This would lead us into our story, where we "document" the strain such a compact, rigid life exerts on our characters, forcing them to sacrifice mind and body for the greater good, yadda yadda yadda.

It sounded good in my head.
It sounds good on paper, but I don't think we can pull that one off.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 03-16-2008

God is upon you.

Yeah, to keep people going, you need more than a chilling tale of survival, you need guns, pussy, aliens, and somewhere along the line someone needs to die in order to save others. Anyway, i'm going to write up a draft for my RP, and you can all tell me how good i am, and suck my teets as your way of saying i am truely the greatest human being alive.

Brb homies.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

God is upon you.

Dark Voyage

The year is 3539, and the race of Mankind has far removed itself from its initial point of origin on the planet once known as Earth. It was in the year 2341, that advanced space-technology was developed, allowing specially designed vessels to travel the universe at speeds not thought possible. It wasn't long before Mankind began using this technology to start exploring the immediate areas of space surrounding Earth's solar system, and soon, dozens of colonies on foreign, unexplored worlds were established.

Initially, this move for colonization was operated under a United Earth Government (UEG), meaning that with a combined effort from all nations throughout Earth, there were little disagreements or territorial conflicts, allowing for the colonization efforts to blossom and prosper. This so called creation of a 'Human Empire', carried on until the year 3214, in which the UEG leadership was dissolved, and separate nations began to develop all over the colonies. This inevitably led to a wide-spread civil war, in which man fought man for control of the entirety of the Human Empire.

In 3380, the last UEG-led fleet was annihilated by Cascadians - colonists from the planet Cascadia, and Earth was consequently obliterated by an orbital bombardment. This was the final move in ensuring that the Human Empire would forever remain divided and at war.

It is now the year 3539, and the war is far from over. Though, unknown to the various leaders of this divided Empire, eyes are watching from all around, waiting for the right time to strike.

The Story So Far...

St. Julta
Class A Battle Ship
23/03/3539
Captain John Mason

Log Entry: 23:04

I have received orders from Cascadian High Command, that direct me to patrol the outer areas of Colony #47 - Designated: Historia. It would appear that pirates and brigands operating illegally within the area are harassing cargo ships without warning, and vanish before any military response can be made. High Command wants the Julta to ensure that the vital supply routes between Historia and Colony #48 - Designated: Judea are protected for a six month period. Therefore, I believe our presence here is only superficial - something to ward off the pirates. It is well known that their armoury cannot compete with a vessel such as Julta.

I have dispatched my orders to the bridge staff. We'll make warp in three hours. Historia has been notified of our deployment.

--------------------------------

You will play as a crew member of the Julta, under the command of Captain John Mason, a 65 year old experienced war veteran. The ship has not yet made its warp. It is 23:00pm. The warp will begin at 02:00am. As far as you are concerned, this is a routine do-nothing patrol mission.

Character Sheet:

Full Name:
Military Rank/Specification:
Physical Appearence:
Brief Backstory: - Not sure whether to make players include this kind of information in their posts.

What do you think? It's just a draft, i'm open to ideas.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

I think its alright; though are you planning to pilot the game to a plot or something? And will there be weapons?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 03-16-2008

God is upon you.

Yes, i find piloting rps provide much more fun for the players, because they don't know what to expect.

There will be lots of weapons, explosions and even room for some character expansion.

pm.gif