Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 05-28-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tales of Avarice (Open RpG)

The intercom boomed, "3 hours to destination, captain to the bridge!"

I yawned looking up from my table. With a great redness on the part of the face I had been sleeping on. I walked out. I was dazed, though, my memory of the ship allowed me to navigate myself to the bridge. With a couple of stumbles and bumps along the way.

I reached the bridge and nodded to my second-in-command.

"Captain, we're on approach vector 335-W03-31. No signs of traffic or chatter. We're coming in clear. Sending approriate codes." said the second-in-command.

I sat down on a nearby chair and said "Good. Keep in check."

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

(OOC: After far too long on my part, I've decided just what I'm gonna do...)

Kira noted the whine of the automatic door as the captain and his first officer walked onto the bridge. Her red-ish brown hair, hanging down almost to her shoulders, threatened to cover the edged of her peripheral vision the way she was leaning over, but she made an effort to keep straight enough to avoid it. Her Asian features were definitely noticeable, but slightly detracted from her appearance thanks to the hair color.

"Captain, we're on approach vector 335-W03-31. No signs of traffic or chatter. We're coming in clear. Sending approriate codes." said the second-in-command, who was also the first officer. Kira checked all of her instruments to make sure those readings were completely correct, modestly nodding to herself as they all checked green. The signal was sent, and she hoped all went well.

Meanwhile...
~Character 1~

He opened his eyes with great difficulty as the pain began to set in. His thoughts were muddled with the feelings of sharp, distinct pain. He could hardly even begin to think clearly as he exerted a great amount of energy just to sit up. All he knew, for the moment, was pain.

Looking down, he noticed the black trenchcoat he was wearing. Something wasn't right about it...in any event, it wasn't the two pistols he had on body holsters. It was...

"...Ugh..." he groaned as pain washed over him. His questions would have to wait. Whatever he case, he was somewhere, and that somewhere spoke to him as a ship. He needed to find whatever control center there may be.

After several minutes of both agonizing pain and agonizing recognition (which remained ever there, but ever elusive in clarity), he made it to where he assumed was the bridge. Sensor screens abounded around, all tied into one central command chair. Sitting down at it, he noted three things: one was a ship not to far ahead, another was that both ships were cloaked, and, finally, the ship he was on was running on autopilot.

The comm systems were indicating heavy chatter not to far ahead. Even though he was cloaked, he couldn't be sure he would make it. Something told him, through the still seething pains in his head, that he could move in behind the other vessel and use their engine's exhaust to further amplify the cloaks effectiveness. Grunting, he managed to correctly input those instructions...before passing out again.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 06-20-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

"Avarice Command Facility, accept authorization code over. Frequency secured." my voice rang into the comstation.

The speakers in the command center rang back, "This AVF Commander, frequency secured, relay authorization. Over."

I rang back, "Authorization 31Ceta33124BetaNineEight."

The speakers in the command center were silent for a little, "Request Accept, Good Morning Sir."

The ship headed toward a crater area, its most bottom region opening to reveal a lavish hanger.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-20-2007

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia was laying perfectly still on the bed, dreaming of better days that will never come. She was still unsure of what to expect, but she had hoped that it wouldn't be too painful. Compared to the last experiment, she figured that anything could be a piece of cake. She wasn't yet willing to go down without a fight.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 06-21-2007

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

(OOC: Sorry if this is long...but I feel a change in my old character welcoming )

~Character 2 (Kira)~

Kira gently edged the ship towards the crater as soon as the permission was granted. It wasn't the first time she'd done it, but she hated it every time - getting in that very expensive hanger was tighter than it looked, thanks to several security features.

As the ship glided down the atmospheric slope, she almost caught something on the sensor board - almost. Passively double checking the sensors, she ignored the specter, which had already disappeared before she had even registered its existence. As the ship got closer to the luxurious hanger, she braced for a difficult landing...

~Character 1/2: Unknown~

He was unsure of his location, though the light jungle setting appeared to be of a planetary variety...but what was that smell? It reminded him of ozone, like before or after a good lighting storm/rain storm. Too bad there wasn't a cloud in the damn sky.

That didn't matter. Survival first - food, water, and sustenance did matter. As he stood up, he involuntarily glanced at his feet - nearly scaring the hell out of himself in the process. He had expected much more...black in his wardrobe - the royal blue of his trenchcoat, vest, and pants were a momentary shock to him, as well as the nice, light-brown leather boots.

After taking a cold moment to ponder the reasons behind his surprise, he simply decided to ignore it. Faced with a very fuzzy memory, and a splitting headache, he focused on his mind, seeking out his memories. Trent immediately remembered his childhood, up until his drafting into the 301st. The memories...fuzzed out after a grenade explosion, but that didn't bother him too much. What bothered him is that he couldn't remember what happened between the explosion and his arrival at...wherever he was. His headache continued to worsen the harder he worked, forcing him to quit his endeavors.

Sitting down and leaning against a nearby tree, the pain continued to worsen...the ozone smell beginning to fill his nostrils. However, before he could question why, a searing pain gripped Trent's mind, and for a moment two mouths breathed a single moan of agony...

~Character 1/2: Uknown~

...and he slumped out of his chair, dazed and confused as the smell of ozone flooded his nostrils with pungent stench. Memories rushed by him - an escape from a hospital or experimental facility (in truth, he couldn't tell which), the loss of his first ship, the merc jobs, Amelia, the current events...

And then his mind silenced, it's journey complete. What about before the hospital? he wondered to himself. He couldn't remember a childhood, or family, or anything before hand...only a name. A name he remembers more than the shock of wearing a black trenchcoat instead of a royal blue one.

Vince, with a bit of effort, climbed into the command chair. The planets comm grid was too strong - the sensor specter his ship would create would be far too uniform to be mistaken as random sensor readings - therefore, he was stuck with orbit for now. He watched the sensors as the ship holding Amelia trudged through the atmosphere, heading for a crater on the surface. Something about her captivated him...and the promise he gave her still resonated in his (albeit pained) mind.

He needed sleep, though. He needed rest - the headaches would only worsen. Indeed, they would most certainly worsen before he would ever get better...still, he had things to do. Remaining in the command chair, he scanned for several more minutes looking for a point of entry. Finally finding what appeared to be an entry point, he quickly raced the ship there.

It only took a moment for the hole to close around the Cadence II, causing alarm bells all over her to go off. Breaking into a sweat, Vince punched it, pushing her deeper into the atmosphere than she normally would. His LR sensors detected a couple of fightercraft several minutes away, both of which were turning to intercept him.

Barely a minute later, as the fire of the atmospheric descent finally parted ways with the Cadence II, Vince leveled her off, making as straight a beeline to the crater as he could. Meanwhile, the fightercraft were reaching the minimum range of his LR sensors - and soon would be inside is SR sensor range, which would put them in missile range as well. As the sweat on his body turned cold, he instinctively pushed his glasses closer to his eyes.

No sweat, right? I've done this before, right? Right? He thought to himself. Nevermind whether or not he had - he knew he was going to have to, and soon.

SPOILER!: Is Vince just having nightmares, or...perhaps two physically/mentally exist where only one should...

Last edited by Reservoir; 06-22-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added some content!
Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 07-06-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix

The ship rocked back and forth, releasing aft, starboard, and forward thruster at various points. The ship went forward, back, left, and right. Pushing itself away from the hazardous walls, to prevent any danger. The ship lowered its landing struts, looking much like a hawk returning proudly to its nest. The ship hovered and spiraled downward. Slowly, slowly. the ship had come to a complete stop over the middle of a drawn circle.

Inside the alarm had subsided. The crewmen had relaxed. And ranks were formed to leave the ship and recieve some much needed rest.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-17-2007

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia sat up and took a deep breath, waiting for the men with the shackles and stun guns to lead her to her inevitable doom.

(ooc: sorry. I'm kinda, um, blank.)

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 07-22-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix

A contigent of fifteen people had placed themselves around the ships, while another five headed into the ships to herd out the prisoners.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-19-2007

United States Randomdevon
Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

((After far, far, too long, apparently I'm back. Although I'm not entirely sure myself if I'm back, so I thought I'd try to clear up my own head, and maybe see if we can't get this going again. I took the time to read through everything, and everything in the beginning was great and a lot of fun. But I guess at a certain point something just happened. So this is probably just some crazy, last-ditch effort on my part, but what the hell.))

I woke. It wasn't some slow awakening from sleep, nor some gradual ascent from the world of dreams. Rather, I was suddenly aware of my surroundings, as if someone had dropped the metaphorical bucket of water on my head. And apparently I was on the floor. My thoughts, naturally, turned to the great question: why? I stood, noticing immediately that something was not right. I felt... normal. I wasn't caught up in the usual conflict of emotions as I always was. No guilt, no regret, no pain. I felt free. And that bothered me. I shouldn't feel free. I don't deserve to be free, I don't want to be free. I remembered all the things I had done, all the mistakes I had made, and I remembered that night, eleven years ago. After that night, I don't even know if I deserve to exist, let alone feel free. After deciding that, it all came rushing back to me. But I'm used to it, I've lived this way for eleven long years. But I noticed something new: the need for action. I had to do something, but I couldn't remember what. What had happened last, before I found myself alone on the floor in some crappy apartment in Avarice. Wait... Avarice. Vinc, Amelia, the Hunter, all of them. What had happpened? What had I missed? And for that matter, how much time had passed? A minute? A day? A month? I had no idea, and I had no way of knowing either, because I had no idea of the date when all that happened. Paying attention to dates had started seeming unimportant to me a long while ago, but now... Oh. Apparently I had something more important to take care of right now. Like that fact that my hands were covered in blood. Blood that wasn't mine. Hm... This was a problem. Had I hurt someone? Had I killed someone? All these questions in my head, and to none of them did I have an answer. The blood.... it must have happened after the whole thing with Amelia and Vinc, but before now. When ever now was, that is.

A quick search of the apartment found me the kitchen, and I proptly washed the blood from my hands. So, I thought, answers... I knew a place where I could get answers, but it was on the other side of town. I laughed bitterly, Avarice was a place that could hardly be described as a town. Of course, lacking transportation, I would have to walk. The alternative was stealing a car or taking public transit. Stealing a car would be too conspicuous, and public transit was never a good idea. Straightening my jacket, I stepped out of the apartment, noting the lightness of my shoulder holster. Apparently, I had lost my gun somewhere. I'd need to fix that, and soon. Out in the open street, I could see the ships landing over at the shipyards. I wondered vaugely about the ships, then shrugged; I was heading that way anyways. I set off down the street, keeping a wary eye on the other pedestrians. You could never be too careful in this city.

"Hey Jo."
"Yeah?"
"You reckon that guy looks familiar?"
Jo checked through the database on the cruiser's dash. "Yep. Listed here as Jack Downs. Wanted for multiple homicides, armed robbery, theft, arson, and failure to appear in court."
The other cop whistled. "Follow him, and without the sirens. We don't want this guy to know we're on to him."

pm.gif