Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 07-25-2008

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh
Default Recover Files?

I was cleaning out some old files on my computer and accidentally deleted a whole bunch of notes that I didn't intend to. Is there any way I can recover them since they didn't go to the recycling bin? I just deleted them earlier today :/

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 07-25-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

The trick with deleted files is that they're still on the hard drive, they've just been marked as ok to write over. So if you write anything to the drive (and there's a bunch of things that do this. Temporary internet files, system cache, system logs, anything you download/unpack/install, etc.) , there's a good chance that you can overwrite the data that you're looking to recover.

This is assuming the files you wish to recover are on the same drive as your operating system. If they're on a secondary drive that you haven't done anything with since the deletion, then they should be easy to recover.

In order to get the data back. I'd suggest using some solution that employs a boot disc so you're not actually writing to the drive.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 07-31-2008

United States Dragnskull
BF Member
 Dragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud ofDragnskull has much to be proud of

get one of the following softwares:

"GetDataBack" for NTFS
"EasyRecovery Pro"

those will get your stuff back easy. find someone that knows how to get stuff (like movies, games, etc) and ask if he can help you find those files, id tell you where to get 'em but im sure its not allowed here

as for Golgo: unless hes completely maxed out his HDD or he downloads like a maniac, he should have quite a while to get his data back before its gone for good.

pm.gif   

Old 07-31-2008

United States henrywonderchimp
because boston sucks
 henrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of winhenrywonderchimp is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
as for Golgo: unless hes completely maxed out his HDD or he downloads like a maniac, he should have quite a while to get his data back before its gone for good.

Not entirely true. He may still be able to recover pieces of files, or even some of the files he deleted, but Golgo is dead on - anything that writes to the hard drive will potentially make those files unrecoverable. I've tried to recover files in the afternoon for users that deleted them in the morning, and doing nothing but word processing, spreadsheets, internet use, etc. had made most of the deleted data unrecoverable.

henrywonderchimp has 4,553 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to henrywonderchimp Send a message via MSN to henrywonderchimp Send a message via Yahoo to henrywonderchimp