Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-23-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

If you're talking about single player/open bnet or TCP/IP exploits, this is nothing new, however just like WoW if you want to avoid dupes, cheaters, and hackers then playing on the Realms is probably the way to go.

There is little Blizzard can do to prevent something as simple as making a character's file read-only so you can drop items multiple times.

Besides soulbound items would be extremely lame for Diablo. It would basically ruin trading competely -- that's one thing that always bothered me about WoW, every really high end item was BoP which means you are forced to raid dungeons, or farm honor or something.

please please don't modify the game for a minority of single player gamers. this "lan" exploit is so minuscule, how would it even effect you at all? most serious single players utilize ATMA for item muling/storage.

which truth be told, I would love a sort of official blizzard ATMA-Like program.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-23-2008

United States Bytales
BF Member
 Bytales is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
What exploit are we talking about? Are you saying MF was an exploit?

Because at this point in D2 there are quite a few different ways to obtain "rare and powerful items" whether they are high level uniques or runewords without to much grinding or farming.
I have describe the LAN exploit in detail for those of you who don't know what it is,
Since you don't know what exploit is abbout, that means you haven't read all my post.

I stronlgy suggest the reading of the whole post to any one making comments on this tread. I have made it easier to read and understand. This way i won't have to explain again everything i allready said in the initial post.

I'd like to hear opinions about all my ideeas. What do u think it's bad and what do you things it's good !

The thing is that an ATMA like program offers the possibility to duplicate items in a similar way as the lan exploit, the only difference is that you are unsing a single PC, therefore it's much easier to do.
We all know how we can combbine 2 or 3 runes to obtain a higher grade rune. The thing is, when blizzard decided to make this system, they weren't thinking it should be done using duplicate runes. They made it so that if you find more runes of the same place, you would use them to upgrade to a higher grade rune. Therefore i believe all possible measures must be taken so that obtaining that higher grade rune would take place exactly how the game designers imagined it. I'm positive they didn't have in mind the following system:
Player find nef rune. Then player uses atma to duplicate rune. Then player uses the other 2 duplicate runes in conjunction with the original one to make a higher grade rune. So on so forth until zod rune is created.
If they wanted this system, they would have implemented a rune copy machine inside the game.

That's why i'd like that the lan exploit and uses of tools like atma shouldn't be made possible. Allthough it's nice to have an unlimited stash i know that if blizzard wanted an unlimited stash it would have did it in game.
Because like this it's very easy to download an uber items stash found by a player who played like a madman, use the tool, and there you go, you have the items too who just bought the game.
In a way, it's like cheating.

There should be made a binding system, but one that does not hinder trade. I have imagine one in the following lines !
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the meta system of items in eve online.
For instance an item has more varieties
Tech 1, similar to tech 1, but slight better, tech II, faction items, officer items.(the best)
Every item, from tech 1 has a meta level. The better the item the bigger the meta item.
If a similar system could be implemented, the binding could occur only with the best items.
It is just an ideea, i don't know if it will work or not but it's a place to start.
If you really like to trade a bound item and make it your own, you will have to pay for this unbinding with some sort of stuff that drops very hard, and it only drops in online play. This way trading with binding items will only be possible in online play, and will not be possible at all in single player or multi player LAN. If the item is dropped while a team of players kills a monster toghether, that items shouldn't go to the player who landed the last blow. Instead a need greed system must be implement, similar to that in wow.

I think this will solve the atma download all items pack, which will obviously be bound to the one that found them and made that pack !
I'll post this ideea on the original post as i think it is a very good way to please every one !

I think it's a place to start.

Last edited by Bytales; 08-23-2008 at 04:22 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-23-2008

Canada rise
StarCraft: Legacy
 rise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightened

Gaming companies don't tailor game structure to children duping in LAN or open games.

rise has 1,926 Posts

Past, Present, Future

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to rise  

Old 08-23-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytales View Post
I have describe the LAN exploit in detail for those of you who don't know what it is,
Since you don't know what exploit is abbout, that means you haven't read all my post.
And if you happened to read my second post you would see I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:
The thing is that an ATMA like program offers the possibility to duplicate items in a similar way as the lan exploit, the only difference is that you are unsing a single PC, therefore it's much easier to do.
Actually ATMA is a program that offers the ability to have an infinitly sized stash, and is actually hosted on DiabloII.net, probably the single-most conservative D2 fansite around. They have member who actually consider muling exploiting.

ATMA also does a dupe check, in case you trade through open battle.net, or just happen to forget and mule something over.

ATMA is not a program made for duping, it doesn't create items, or anything that Character Editor thing does.

Quote:
We all know how we can combbine 2 or 3 runes to obtain a higher grade rune. The thing is, when blizzard decided to make this system, they weren't thinking it should be done using duplicate runes. They made it so that if you find more runes of the same place, you would use them to upgrade to a higher grade rune. Therefore i believe all possible measures must be taken so that obtaining that higher grade rune would take place exactly how the game designers imagined it. I'm positive they didn't have in mind the following system:
Player find nef rune. Then player uses atma to duplicate rune. Then player uses the other 2 duplicate runes in conjunction with the original one to make a higher grade rune. So on so forth until zod rune is created.
If they wanted this system, they would have implemented a rune copy machine inside the game.
See I'm sort of confused here. ATMA can't be used to dupe items. You can still dupe using the method you suggested, all you really have to do is set your character's file to read-only so the game can't edit it when you leave the game empty of items. There is very little that Blizzard could do to change that.

It takes about 13,000,000,000 EL runes to cube a zod. I can gaurantee you that you will get there faster hellforge farming.

Quote:
That's why i'd like that the lan exploit and uses of tools like atma shouldn't be made possible. Allthough it's nice to have an unlimited stash i know that if blizzard wanted an unlimited stash it would have did it in game.
I'm sorry but most of your ideas seem to be related exclusively to the way you play the game and are trying to force others to play that way to. People still use the cheat codes in Starcraft and Warcraft, people still use the cheat to make a character instantly level 31 in Act V in D2.

You want blizzard to stop this lan exploit? Well they did. It's called closed battle.net. Your character is stored on their battle.net servers and you can't modify it at all.

Quote:
Because like this it's very easy to download an uber items stash found by a player who played like a madman, use the tool, and there you go, you have the items too who just bought the game.
In a way, it's like cheating.
Yes it is, but the majority of D2 players played, or are still playing, on Battle.net. There is a big base of single players no doubt, but for those of us who play on Ladder/Battle.net these aren't even issues. If you want something you have to trade for it, or farm Mephisto or Countess yourself.

Quote:
There should be made a binding system, but one that does not hinder trade. I have imagine one in the following lines !
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the meta system of items in eve online.
For instance an item has more varieties
Tech 1, similar to tech 1, but slight better, tech II, faction items, officer items.(the best)
Every item, from tech 1 has a meta level. The better the item the bigger the meta item.
If a similar system could be implemented, the binding could occur only with the best items.
It is just an ideea, i don't know if it will work or not but it's a place to start.
If you really like to trade a bound item and make it your own, you will have to pay for this unbinding with some sort of stuff that drops very hard, and it only drops in online play. This way trading with binding items will only be possible in online play, and will not be possible at all in single player or multi player LAN. If the item is dropped while a team of players kills a monster toghether, that items shouldn't go to the player who landed the last blow. Instead a need greed system must be implement, similar to that in wow.
See this isn't really feasible. You're suggesting just ripping off the item feature from another game... D2 has a fine item system, we can trade anything, which is the key. To punish single players who either don't have the time, or simply want to test builds, is a rather large waste of time.

Quote:
I think this will solve the atma download all items pack, which will obviously be bound to the one that found them and made that pack !
I'll post this ideea on the original post as i think it is a very good way to please every one !
Yeah but people will cheat. It's what the do. Someone would envariably write a problem to "unbind" single player items. Thus making that feature useless. And punishing those who don't break the rules.

I agree the new game should have separators for numbers larger than a 1000, as well as the items looking similar on the character as they do on the inventory screen -- but we've already seen this in the trailer.

A magic axe with thunder damage looks different then a weapon with fire damage. A Character looks significantly different with armor on opposed to no armor or little armor.

I don't think there is anything to worry about in that regard.

Most of your suggestions seem to point to Blizzard recreating D2 exactly and just making stuff better, but D3 is a whole new game, new engine, features, and everything. Most likely graphical related annoyances will be hammered out and items will be properly handled.

I just don't want to see soulbound items, because frankly, I thought that feature in WoW was just aggravating to the extreme.

Last edited by Neo; 08-23-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-24-2008

United States Bytales
BF Member

My suggestions seem to point to Blizzard recreating D2 exactly and just making stuff better, but what i'm acctuly writing down are general ideeas. I'm not going to tell them what engine to use, what characters to create what skills, what type of gameplay, etc.The only thing that falls out of this cathegory is the physical damage split.
I'm pointing things that i would have loved diablo 2 to have, just in case they won't make any improvements. But i'm sure they will.

You are probably right about the binding items to character. It's a very somplicated stuff. It needs a lot of thinking through ! I still did write about it, no harm done.

But what i'd realy like to see in diablo 3 are the capless level system i described, the bestiary, and the: Found by Bytales at 453.352.234 XP(Lvl 85) on item description.
These things won't change the game in any way:A counter(XP counter = capless level system), a bestiary, and a new item description. I think we can all agree on that !

Last edited by Bytales; 08-24-2008 at 12:10 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-24-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I'd rather see a more detailed Bestiary -- either in game or (better) outside of the game on a website.

I'd also like to see support for add-ons/mods like WoW, because that would simply be epicly awesome.

Capless level system though... I don't know if I agree. Getting to 99 always took a lot of time and effort in D2, and I would hate to see that matched again in D3, I would rather see something else after 99, like max level quests or something.

Maybe when you reach a certain amount of experience after 99 you gain a new title or something.

Capless leveling would just be insane :3

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 08-24-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Who really gives a shit about people who cheat in single player? It doesn't matter because it doesn't give them an advantage over anyone else...

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 08-24-2008

United States Bytales
BF Member

Quote:
I'd rather see a more detailed Bestiary -- either in game or (better) outside of the game on a website.

I'd also like to see support for add-ons/mods like WoW, because that would simply be epicly awesome.

Capless level system though... I don't know if I agree. Getting to 99 always took a lot of time and effort in D2, and I would hate to see that matched again in D3, I would rather see something else after 99, like max level quests or something.

Maybe when you reach a certain amount of experience after 99 you gain a new title or something.

Capless leveling would just be insane :3
Think of the capless lvl system as a counter similar to the one in wow when you typle \played. Only it display XP. The lvls above 99 are for the sake of it.
Why can't you people understand it's nothing wrong in implementing a counter in game. Apart from other rewards blizzard may decide to implement !

pm.gif   

Old 08-24-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

But there is a counter for D2 when you hit 99, IIRC I think you continue to gain experience, you just don't level.

And why wouldn't a /played be sufficient? :3

Or do you just want something that's visible to other players to show how awesome the character is for being played tons extra then it needs to be >.>

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 08-27-2008

United States Bytales
BF Member

Quote:
But there is a counter for D2 when you hit 99, IIRC I think you continue to gain experience, you just don't level.

And why wouldn't a /played be sufficient? :3

Or do you just want something that's visible to other players to show how awesome the character is for being played tons extra then it needs to be >.>
That's the idea, to see exactly how much a pleyer played with that character, and for that item description to be possible. The last item description any item should have;
Obtained by Bytales at 123.323.455 XP (lvl 45)

pm.gif   

Old 09-03-2008

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

I like all of your ideas, except getting rid of the level cap. All you really have to do is let experience continue to accumulate after 99 but count towards nothing. This way you can still have items identified by how much experience you had when you found them, and you wont have level 107's.

Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif   

Old 09-03-2008

United States Bytales
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
I like all of your ideas, except getting rid of the level cap. All you really have to do is let experience continue to accumulate after 99 but count towards nothing. This way you can still have items identified by how much experience you had when you found them, and you wont have level 107's.
I could live with that too. I just don't want to see, next level at zero ! It scary !

Anyways, do you know if there is a way to make the diablo 3 head game designer to see this post ?

Last edited by Bytales; 09-03-2008 at 05:21 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 09-04-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

there's no way to know for certain, however we do know that blizzard employees will occasionally browse and read fansites. They just aren't allowed to register/post.

If you want to take it all the way then posting it on the battle.net forums would be the best way to go, however if you do that make sure everything is concise, and properly spelled, etc... so it doesn't flamed into oblivion

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 09-04-2008

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win

Quote:
there's no way to know for certain, however we do know that blizzard employees will occasionally browse and read fansites. They just aren't allowed to register/post.

If you want to take it all the way then posting it on the battle.net forums would be the best way to go, however if you do that make sure everything is concise, and properly spelled, etc... so it doesn't flamed into oblivion
lol neo.. I can't believe you think everything being perfectly written will stop the flames on the Bnet forums.

Spam, thread breaks, troll posts, and trash will fill your thread on the bnet forum, no matter what you do.

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 09-04-2008

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

No offense to the OP who obviously put a lot of work into his post but the title 'Plz Read Blizzard Staff' really made me chuckle

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik