Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 10-18-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...
Default If There Was A Hunter Class

Disclaimer: none of these ideas are mine, I'm just relaying them to here from other sites.

Ok, so, most people agree there has to be a class in D3 who uses bows. I've seen many class suggestions, but I think the best is a simple Hunter. One name I liked was The Chieftain, with a high probability of Native American decent lol.

The skill trees would be based on:
- bows/javelins/darts/tomahawks: pretty standard with fire or poison damage
- traps: like a large bear trap that stuns and bleeds out the monster, or tripwires that set off explosives or electricity
- shapeshifting: not exactly like the druid. Instead of a werewolf or werebear, you could acctually turn into a wolf (balanced), bear (strong, high HP, slow, melee), spitting snake (ranged glass canon), or eagle (low hp and attack, but fast with good evasion, scouting/rushing through level [a la teleport/leap]).

So would you like to play such a class, combining aspects of the Amazon, Assassin, and Druid? What other suggestions would you have for the class?

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 10-19-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I dunno. I always liked the idea of a hybrid Assassin/Amazon class.

EG: traps, and arrow-specific skills as well as passive/buffs like the zon, or the burst of speed-type skill from the assassin.

I think a shapeshifter ought to be dedicated to it's own class, eg: a restoration of the Druid would be really cool, totally reworked, because imo Druids are just awesome. Plus their position in the Lore opens up a lot to play with I suppose.

Meh, I dunno. As for other ranged weapons, I just don't like that idea to much. A ranged class ought to focus on Bows and Arrows (or crossbows/bolts) rather then including throwing axes or whatever.

>.>;; i know I just wanna see the druid make a come back

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-19-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

While the concept of an archer/ranged weapon class is almost undoubtedly necessary and will be implemented, I doubt the name 'Hunter' will be used. This is mostly to prevent community outcry, particularly from the WoW haters, who would then compare it to the WoW Hunter class, point out their similarities and then whine that Blizzard is turning D3 into WoW.

In terms of what classes ought to be combined, I think it'd work better for an Amazon (ranged weapon skills), Assassin (traps) and Paladin (close combat skills) to allow for greater variability between builds (that are effective) and play styles. In addition, it would also successfully fill both remaining archetypes (the archer and the sword-and-boarder), thus freeing the last slot for something creative.

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

i dunno. they went with "witch doctor" which is a direct unit from warcraft, not to mention that wizard was also using in wc.

though I agree that whatever ranged class we see, it will probably not be a hunter, though I would be saddened if it didn't utilize traps of some kind.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-19-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
i dunno. they went with "witch doctor" which is a direct unit from warcraft, not to mention that wizard was also using in wc.
Fair enough, though I suspect Blizzard's more careful (i.e. less willing to reuse said name) with the playable classes in WoW as opposed to every unit in all of Warcraft's history.

pm.gif   

Old 10-24-2008

United States cassius987
BF Member
 cassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortals

Turning into real animals rather than were-animals seems a lot cooler. +1 to that idea.

I like the idea as you related it, DS.

cassius987 has 80 Posts

Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?
--Quotation of the Orange Catholic Bible from Frank Herbert's Dune

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping, the Moon tells me a secret (my confidant): "As full and bright as I am, this Light is not my own." And a million light reflections pass over me.
--Excerpt from Tool's "Reflection"

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2008

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
Disclaimer: none of these ideas are mine, I'm just relaying them to here from other sites.

Ok, so, most people agree there has to be a class in D3 who uses bows. I've seen many class suggestions, but I think the best is a simple Hunter. One name I liked was The Chieftain, with a high probability of Native American decent lol.

The skill trees would be based on:
- bows/javelins/darts/tomahawks: pretty standard with fire or poison damage
- traps: like a large bear trap that stuns and bleeds out the monster, or tripwires that set off explosives or electricity
- shapeshifting: not exactly like the druid. Instead of a werewolf or werebear, you could acctually turn into a wolf (balanced), bear (strong, high HP, slow, melee), spitting snake (ranged glass canon), or eagle (low hp and attack, but fast with good evasion, scouting/rushing through level [a la teleport/leap]).

So would you like to play such a class, combining aspects of the Amazon, Assassin, and Druid? What other suggestions would you have for the class?
Ewww. This seems too crazy for me. There is no sense of cohesion. I think it should have a tree for its ranged abilities, its hunter abilities (traps, tripwires, tracking), and maybe a pet tree. All in all, this seems like a pretty cookie cutter class. It definately needs to be spiced up, I didnt claim to be an idea man. But I dont think throwing in shapeshifting is the right course of action.

Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

I heard of this class.

Didn't they start topping meters in WotLK recently?

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 11-06-2008

United States Reflection
Before I Pine Away...
 Reflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwnsReflection simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I heard of this class.

Didn't they start topping meters in WotLK recently?
Haha, that is exactly what I had in mind when I posted it. Hahaha. I never said I was an idea man, I just said I disagreed with the OP suggestion. Seemed to eratic.

Reflection has 220 Posts

I have come curiously close to the end, though
Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I
Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful.
It's calling me...

pm.gif